Captain Hook's Pirate Ship - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Anthony, January 27, 2010, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Yep. It looks like it will begin very soon, now. In fact, I bet that -- today or tomorrow night -- they'll be putting the now seemingly abundant green construction fences around the area. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Tuvok

Quote from: "Meph"Yep. It looks like it will begin very soon, now. In fact, I bet that -- today or tomorrow night -- they'll be putting the now seemingly abundant green construction fences around the area. :)

According to sources the 'fences' will be themed scarfolding, like they used on the castle, not just the normal green fences. We'll have to wait and see!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Josh

That would make sense, actually. It would be a bit elaborate to have a fence wrapping around an entire part of the river. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Dlp.info has posted an update about the refurb:

It can clearly be seen that the water level is lower.

Photos by InsideDLParis

http://www.dlp.info/News/2011/05/advent ... re-rehabs/

aliscrapper

Thanks for posting the photo's Dagobert!

Anthony

We saw a little sketch of the scaffolding during the refurbishments presentation (yeah, they even do concept art for refurbishments!). The scrim around the ship won't actually be an image of the ship itself (the shape of which would be hard to replicate in scaffolding) but a collection of old weathered masts and sails surrounding the site, like a number of shipwrecks have washed up into the area.

I wonder what will happen to the old ship? Perhaps they should sell pieces on eBay...

dagobert

This is how the ship should look like. DCP member Monoxyde has posted a picture from 1993:

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... nt-en-2011

peter

Let's hope this starts soon.

DisneyBud

How long does it take to drain a lake? Open the gates and whoosh. Hope we see some scaffolding soon!

Anthony

Quote from: "DisneyBud"How long does it take to drain a lake? Open the gates and whoosh. Hope we see some scaffolding soon!
Doesn't it require pumping out here?

Quote from: "dagobert"This is how the ship should look like. DCP member Monoxyde has posted a picture from 1993:
A lot but not exactly like the original colours. At the refurb meeting Peggie pointed us to some new gold details, that I think were particularly at the back of the ship around the top of the stern (such as on those swirly details with a natural wood colour above), which they want to use to show that these pirates are actually successful, overflowing with riches. So it won't just have bold colours with more red and black but shimmering gold too!

Columbiad

I seem to remember reading that they said it would somehow tie in with Pirates of the Caribbean? I suppose this is to hopefully coincide with Capt. Sparrow arriving in the ride.

jackieann

looks so nice, hope its all done by oct / nov time, when hopefully we can go.

mehdi5

Quote from: "Columbiad"I seem to remember reading that they said it would somehow tie in with Pirates of the Caribbean? I suppose this is to hopefully coincide with Capt. Sparrow arriving in the ride.
Wasn't that part of a rumor about retheming the area to Pirates of the Caribbean a long time ago? Personally i wouldn't mind having the Black Pearl in place to be honest, but i think i just might get chased by a lot of you with torches for saying that :P

Martyn

That picture above looks really smart, like proper Pirates of the Caribbean with the white sand and blue water!

Anthony

Quote from: "Columbiad"I seem to remember reading that they said it would somehow tie in with Pirates of the Caribbean? I suppose this is to hopefully coincide with Capt. Sparrow arriving in the ride.
I'll try to remember the exact words there...

Someone asked a question along the lines of "Will this still definitely be a ship from the Peter Pan universe, or will it be tied into Pirates of the Caribbean, with Jack Sparrow?". Peggie Fariss answered rather ambiguously, saying the ship would still be based on Peter Pan "but we might find a way to fit Jack Sparrow in there somewhere".

Looking back, I don't think she was talking about the ship at all but the new animatronics. That one went right over our heads! And in fact I think Sparrow being added to the ride makes him having a bigger presence outside less likely, because they won't want to detract from his appearance there.