Peter McGrath Walt Disney Studios Park map

Started by Columbiad, January 21, 2010, 10:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Hello,

I was doing a bit of Disney-'splorin' and I discovered this (dated) article on WDSFans regarding Soarin' at WDS.
[ http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/news/soarin.php ]

Now the ariicle links to a MiceChat page, but, as it was an old article (by Peter Bell), its since been removed.

The article mentioned a map created by a gentleman called Peter MacGraph which mapped out possible imagineering articles the park could take - does anybody (particularly Anthony!) know where I might  be able to find the map or original article?

Many thanks in advance.  :)

Maarten

I am not completely sure, but I think this is the map you are looking for...

dagobert

There is a building on the map with "Sony" on it. Did Sony wanted to sponsor a special attraction? And do you know what this attraction was about?

pussinboots

I think he misspelled "Soarin'."

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"I think he misspelled "Soarin'."

I don't think so, because Soarin' over the World has its own building in the left corner of the map, between Cinemagique and the Television building.

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "Columbiad"a gentleman called Peter MacGraph

Um, don't you mean Peter McGrath (Director, Creative Development - Show Quality Standards). Here he is, talking about Space Mountain: Mission 2:

Kristof

Peter McGrath was the head of Disneyland Paris Imagineering before he moved two years ago to Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale. :-)

I met him durin the Toon Studio opening, he's a really nice guy.

Corrected his name in the topic title

Columbiad

Oh sorry, the name in the WDSFans article called him MacGraph.

Thanks very much, Maarten! I've never seen the map before, so I really don't know what I am looking for, but that looks fantastic. Is this all of it? Or is there more?

Thanks everyone for getting back so quickly!

Maarten

Quote from: "Columbiad"Thanks very much, Maarten! I've never seen the map before, so I really don't know what I am looking for, but that looks fantastic. Is this all of it? Or is there more?

You're welcome! I suppose the map is larger then the part I posted. However, this is the exact picture that was featured in the article and I have never seen the entire map. Maybe someone else can help us?

Timbo

I remember this map coming up on the forum before , I wish the Studios had as many trees as are shown on the map,might take the edge off all the tarmac !

Martyn

^ Yes, you're right there. Its a real shame it didn't turn out like on that map. Looks like it would be much better with all that greenery and water features.

Though we wouldn't have had the space for ToT!

JelleP

Well, they could have build it at another location right ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Kristof

This is only a portion of the map.  Tower of Terror is indeed located at a different location with a Hollywood Blvd. leading up to it.  

I'd love to see that full version...  I've been told it used to be on display at the Disney University at Hotel Cheyenne.

dagobert

What is the Disney University at Hotel Cheyenne. Is it the training school for CMs?

Maybe someone who will stay at the cheyenne hotel could take a picture of the map.

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"What is the Disney University at Hotel Cheyenne. Is it the training school for CMs?

Maybe someone who will stay at the cheyenne hotel could take a picture of the map.

That's where all new CM's are trained the Disney Magic... in one day...

People staying at Cheyenne don't have access to the University obviously, it's considered a backstage area. Besides, it used to be on display...  :wink: