Fantasmic rumour

Started by Magicboy, January 20, 2010, 08:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicboy

I had heared Fantasmic is coming 2013 or 2014 to WDS.
Who know more Infos ?

Kristof

It would help if you could tell us where you heard this.

JelleP

I've no idea..
I only know something about a master-plan for the WDS were Disney & More talked about, but it said that not Fantasmic, but the World of Color would make it's way to the park, because this show needs less people to operate and the Studios would get a great lake (since the WDS are the only Disney-Park without one)
>>LINK<<
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

charlied

World Of Colour is a better option, I don't think there ever was a rumour about Fantasmic coming over but I might be wrong.

britincgn

Any sort of evening show would be good especially since pyros are not allowed except for the summer months and special occations.

lil-shawn

Who the hell wants this outdated Fantasmic, if i see those testing videos of World of Color,
i think it would be a much better choice!!

[youtube:gbs2byec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_sf_ecDgqc[/youtube:gbs2byec]
[youtube:gbs2byec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1e354KqgB0[/youtube:gbs2byec]

Kristof

So Tokyo DisneySea is getting an outdated show?

Malin

Not quite Kristof, while DisneySea will be getting Fantasmic for its 10th Anniversary, this show will be entirely new and is being worked on by creative director Steve Davison. World of Colour was once proposed for DisneySea but the park owners the Oriential Land Company did not want to share development costs with Disney, so opted for something new.

As for the Studios, Fantasmic was once proposed for the park, but was scraped along with other plans to add Mermaid Lagoon and a possible table service restaurant. Seeing as Disney shut the parks down at 7.00 PM for most of the year, I feel a night time show of any scale is a waste of time and Disney should continue to concentrate on providing more attraction for Guest to enjoy in the day time, and ones that don't involve Carnival rides themed to the latest Pixar movie.

Kristof

Quote from: "Malin"Not quite Kristof, while DisneySea will be getting Fantasmic for its 10th Anniversary, this show will be entirely new and is being worked on by creative director Steve Davison. World of Colour was once proposed for DisneySea but the park owners the Oriential Land Company did not want to share development costs with Disney, so opted for something new.

As for the Studios, Fantasmic was once proposed for the park, but was scraped along with other plans to add Mermaid Lagoon and a possible table service restaurant. Seeing as Disney shut the parks down at 7.00 PM for most of the year, I feel a night time show of any scale is a waste of time and Disney should continue to concentrate on providing more attraction for Guest to enjoy in the day time, and ones that don't involve Carnival rides themed to the latest Pixar movie.

I know, I was slightly being sarcastic.  ;-)

About Mermaid Lagoon, that was one of the possible additions which would have been build where Cars Race Rally is located now.  Another possibility was Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Goofy's Barnstormer Coaster.

Columbiad

Quote from: "Kristof"Goofy's Barnstormer Coaster.

A welcome addition to the park, to stop Toon Studio from turning into Pixarland.

DLP-Photos.com

As said many times before WDS could get a really good boost in the high season with a nighttime spectacular, so although I believe this rumour might be a bit unrealistic it is interesting to discuss...

The tests of World of Color seems absolutely spectacular, but I really like the videos I've seen of Fantasmic too, so let's just say I am sad that Tokyo DisneySEA was first-movers to "merge" the two shows in to one show which will most likely be amazing.

Now it's the choice between another copied show or a new unique show for WDS? I know what I would prefer, but I suppose either of these things is a bit too much to dream about right now...
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

dagobert

I think Fantasmic is a great show. I really enjoyed seeing it at DHS at WDW and I would be excited to see it in Paris. Nevertheless I think it is very unrealistic that it will get built at DLRP.

After seeing the videos about WoC, I would also prefer this show. I love fountains and when I have been to Las Vegas I had to see the Bellagio Fountains every night. This show was great and now Disney is doing something similar with projections and mist screens. It will definately be something great!!

alka1

Quote from: "forza_united"As said many times before WDS could get a really good boost in the high season with a nighttime spectacular, so although I believe this rumour might be a bit unrealistic it is interesting to discuss...

The tests of World of Color seems absolutely spectacular, but I really like the videos I've seen of Fantasmic too, so let's just say I am sad that Tokyo DisneySEA was first-movers to "merge" the two shows in to one show which will most likely be amazing.

Now it's the choice between another copied show or a new unique show for WDS? I know what I would prefer, but I suppose either of these things is a bit too much to dream about right now...

I think the new show at TDS will be a combination of BraviSEAmo and Fantasmic. World of Color is a completely different show - the use of the massive platform with grid fountains is unique to the show. The new show at TDS looks like it will involve barges and live characters.

Remember that it was initially rumored that TDS was going to receive a clone of World of Color, but ultimately they opted out because it was deemed too complex for their lagoon.

Timbo

The world of color show would be great for the park , a good reason for people to stay in the Studios and spend ! They really need another restaurant as they continue to add to the park . The WoC makes sense as it uses less CMs than a Fantasmic type show ,another way to keep the costs down !

alka1

Quote from: "Timbo"The world of color show would be great for the park , a good reason for people to stay in the Studios and spend ! They really need another restaurant as they continue to add to the park . The WoC makes sense as it uses less CMs than a Fantasmic type show ,another way to keep the costs down !

For those who mentioned WoC earlier, Disney Parks blog just posted a video of how Pixar Studios are working with the show to create new animation. Here's a sneak peek including testing footage :)

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/disney-pixar-animation-brings-world-of-color-to-life/