Doc Wassell wagon added to Last Chance Cafe

Started by luke85, January 19, 2010, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd post this update I found on dlp.info... http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/01/doc-wa ... #more-1946

DLP has plussed Frontierland with this great wagon...

I think it looks great, and I really hope it's a sign of things to come, as other lands at DLP are in need of new additions such as this.

smurfy74

i like it but i have to ask the question - i wonder why???? - its nice and all but I wonder why this was added, or was it backstage from yester year - davewasbaloo may know if it is

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "smurfy74"i like it but i have to ask the question - i wonder why???? - its nice and all but I wonder why this was added, or was it backstage from yester year - davewasbaloo may know if it is

Haha, same thing crossed my mind too - what's the catch? :P

It does look good though, and its fantastic to see that some people somewhere are trying to add more to the resort, even if it does end up as a cheap way of selling more overpriced evian bottles or something :roll:

pussinboots

Of course it would full of inside jokes and references, in the great Imagineering tradition... Which is why Dirk from DLP.info wasted no time in Googling "wassell imagineering." But yes, excellent, great! There have been a few very nice surprises of this sort lately, haven't there. What has been resurrected? I long to know.

And it's funny, too. Reminds me of the similar snake oil-themed poster near Salon Mickey.

And I'm sure it's just a tardy element of the Last Chance Cafe refurbishment. It really doesn't look like it will suddenly open up as the next Cool Station, thank God.

Kristof

I got in touch with a friend who close involved with these things and I got told there's absolutely no reference to former Imagineer James Wassell as this a brand new wagon. :-)

Anthony

What a strange old place Disneyland Paris is. It seems to be constantly at odds with itself, though I suppose it's nice that for every Dance Time with Stitch we get something as unexpectedly cool as this.

It's also a smart spot for it. That corner between the buildings does look a bit dead, so by hiding it behind this it adds a bit of interest, a bit of glue between the pieces. And with some nice colours.

Though after the burger buffet cars in Videopolis, various other things and now this, all in Disneyland Park, when oh when are they going to move over and give the Studios some unexpected plussing? Surely that's where little things like this would make an actual difference. Frontierland has more than enough by comparison, this is like eating a three-course meal next to a homeless person.

never2old

I saw it on my last trip, it looks really nice!

dagobert

It looks really nice. Now it's time for WDS to receive such great additions.

CentralPlazaPerson

A perfect example of a tiny detail making a huge difference.
I love it, as Anthony said that area behind it looks dead so with this great addition it will add a bit of life.
Hopefully more additions like this to come! :D

andrewuk

Quote from: "Anthony"What a strange old place Disneyland Paris is. It seems to be constantly at odds with itself,.

Couldn't agree with this more, its as if there are two managements, one cutting costs at every opportunity, one putting out richly themed new additions whenever it can.

Its not as if this kind of thing has never happened in WDS, we have the Narnia photo-location and the Monster's Inc. shouting attraction that have appeared, but nothing for a long while.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Anthony

Phew, glad those comments have some agreement. I know it's mad to do anything but gawp in wonder at a great addition like this, but it is a shame WDS is always treated as the poor relation. The slow progress there since Tower of Terror opened is so disappointing.

Is there a team that gets to move from one project to the next, having a general budget to make fun things like this, or did a manager specifically say "we need a new prop for this spot..."?

dagobert

I don't know if I should post this here, but I didn't want to open a new topic and it is also about new additions.
Dlp.info reports that the Constellation Shop at Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast got also an addition.
The addition is just for bringing more guests into the shop.

http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/01/new-co ... -universe/

smurfy74

this is a really good thing, we have often complained about the bland retail around the prks and the fact every shop seems to have the same stuff in, at least the merchandise department seem to be making the shopping more relevant to the actual attraction and land - lets hope its the start of a move in the right direction  =D>  [-o<  =D>  [-o<  =D>  [-o<

madame_leota

the additions look great! i want that robot toy stand!!!

Anthony

Ha, look at those arrows on the floor. World's least subtle way of getting people into a shop.