Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 coming to Blu-ray

Started by Kristof, January 05, 2010, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Check out the HD trailer for Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 being released on Blu-ray this year:

[youtube:1wcntbtd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_al0KksfW0[/youtube:1wcntbtd]

luke85

Been waiting a long time to own Fantasia, used to watch it all the time at my Nan's when I was little! I do hope it's released on DVD too...?

Masamune

:shock: OMG I'm so excited! Look at how bright and vibrant the colours are! :cry: I can't wait. I might actually get it imported fgrom America, depending on how long the wait is between them getting it and us getting it.

Anthony

Dumbo, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Beauty and the Beast, Up, The Princess and the Frog, Toy Story 3 and Fantasia & Fantasia 2000? What a year for animation on Blu-ray!!

I suppose this means if they're being released as well as Beauty and the Beast that they didn't think Fantasia could stand up as one of the two main re-releases each year, probably wouldn't sell enough.

Note to Disney: This would be a good year to start preparing a Fantasia 2020.

Magic M

With this new release will Disney change anything - or will it be a perfect transition of the original theatrical release?

I was wondering because "A Night on Bald Mountain" included BARE BREASTED DEVIL GIRLS and I don't think that terribly Disney do you?

dagobert

I've never seen Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, but I've seen the Sorcerer's Apprentice sequence from Fantasia. So I think I have to get them both. Do you know if it will be released on DVD, too?

Masamune

Quote from: "Magic M"With this new release will Disney change anything - or will it be a perfect transition of the original theatrical release?

I was wondering because "A Night on Bald Mountain" included BARE BREASTED DEVIL GIRLS and I don't think that terribly Disney do you?
:roll: I hope you're being sarcastic. Maybe the fact that it isn't "terribly Disney" is what makes Fantasia so great. There is nakedness and there is death, but it's not like it's gratuitous. There are worse things in the older Disney films than a few naked breasts, such as racism. So yeah, I think it would be a shame to change Fantasia any further than it already has been (they cut out the racist part). Which is fair enough, but that's the one and only part that really shouldn't be in the film.

Pete's Dragon

All I want to know is, is it gonna be 2 separate purchases or can we (unlikely) expect a double BD edition.
I like Fantasia, but I dont really fancy having to buy them separate. Especially with Beauty and the Beast coming soon (the last 'classic' I dont own. Finally the circle of life will be complete)

littlemermaid83

I had Fantasia on VHS many moons again, so looking forward to being able to own if finally on dvd.

Is it just coming to Bluray or will us non Blu Ray be able to grad a normal dvd copy?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Eager_Eyes

I also had the VHS back in the day, I remember as a child I would watch the Sorcerer's Apprentice, over and over and over again! I'm looking forward to getting the dvd.

tianasdream

when is it bein released ?

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"All I want to know is, is it gonna be 2 separate purchases or can we (unlikely) expect a double BD edition.
I like Fantasia, but I dont really fancy having to buy them separate. Especially with Beauty and the Beast coming soon (the last 'classic' I dont own. Finally the circle of life will be complete)
There is a double pack:

Is this the "best" edition of both films? I only ask because the separate Fantasia blu-ray says "2 Disc Special Edition" but then this double pack of both films says only 2 discs on Amazon. It's so confusing just buying a film these days...

Also doesn't look like Fantasia 2000 will be re-released separately at all.

What happened to Fantasia World?

dagobert

On the German Amazon store there are only two seperate DVDs and BluRays of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 available, so no box including both movies.

Did anyone already buy Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, because on the German cover it says "Walt Disney Fantasia" and "Disney Fantasia 2000".

So did Disney start again to use the "Walt Disney" for movies made while he was alive and "Disney" for movies made after him? I'm just wondering, because the cover of Beauty and the Beast just says "Disney". Dumbo, Snow White and Pinocchio were also produced under Walt, but the German covers just say "Disney".

Anthony

It was only Dumbo over here that just said "Disney": http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dumbo-Special-C ... 002ZG8CRK/

Looking here on Amazon.de, that seems to be the same for Germany as well? Or were the actual printed boxes different?

dagobert

Anthony you are right. I'm sorry.

But I still want the "Walt Disney" prefix instead of just "Disney" on all DVD covers and movie posters.