The Tinkerbell Movie

Started by Kristof, June 21, 2006, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Mickeynews.com"The Walt Disney Co on Tuesday said "Just Married" actress Brittany Murphy will provide the voice for the fairy Tinker Bell in an upcoming animated film, the first in the new Disney Fairies line.

Murphy, 28, provides the voice for the character Luanne Platter on the animated TV show "King of the Hill." Her voice will be the first ever to emanate from the mouth of Peter Pan's feisty sidekick in a Disney animated film. The direct-to-video film is due out in 2007.

Disney's Fairy franchise rolled out last fall and follows on the success of the company's Princess line, which has grossed $3 billion in fiscal 2005.

Disneyana

Wow what for a movie in the new fairytale era will this be ? I once heared of a movie  which all the classic Characters should feature. But I don't know if this will really be coming out.  What other fairytales will come out ? I love the fairytales of Disney, they are so romantic.  :minnie:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

Disneyana

Ah looks nice !!!
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

JimHillMedia.com and other sources report this DTV movie could be having a fair few production setbacks as John Lasseter and co didn't like what they saw.

"Due to some rather serious story problems, it now appears that "The Tinkerbell Movie" won't be able to meet its original Fall 2007 release date. In fact, there's even been some talk that the release date of this DisneyToon Studios production could wind up being pushed back as far as 2008 or 2009."

:arrow: Full Article

Lozzie

I cant wait for this movie. I have been reading the Disney Fairies books and their wonderful. At first i was a bit undecided about it being CG animated, but now i have seen the trailer and pics i think they've done wonderfully. Tink looks gorgeous  :D
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Stitch

Sorry guys I didn't mean to start a new topic for one that was currently being discussed. I Did have a look before I started the other one... but I guess I wasn't quite awake as I didn't see it!
-Jenn@

Anthony

Quote from: "Stitch"Sorry guys I didn't mean to start a new topic for one that was currently being discussed. I Did have a look before I started the other one... but I guess I wasn't quite awake as I didn't see it!
No problem, everyone does it.  Just trying to keep the forum nice and organised. :wink:

Lozzie - I'm glad someone is convinced by this movie!  Does anyone know if royalties will go to Great Ormond Street? I think I'd appreciate it a lot more if they did...

penfold12

Nope, the profits from the proposed sequel to peter pan (A book was recently written and is about to be film, but not by Disney) are going to the hospital, but the profits from this movie are going to the Disney coffers!

Remco K.

QuoteNew cast and more updates on Tinker Bell movie

Bye bye Brittany Murphy! Tinker Bell will magically get a new voice in her first feature film due October 28th on DVD and Blu-ray. MovieWeb reports that Tinker Bell now stars Mae Whitman as the title character, along with the voices of Raven-Symone (Iridessa), Kristen Chenoweth (Rosetta), Angelica Huston (Queen Clarion), America Fererra and Lucy Liu (likely to voice Fawn and SilverMist respectively).
Source: Animated News and MovieWeb

I wonder why they've made this change? Negative comments on Brittany? I'm not familiar with either Brittany Murphy's or Mae Whitman's talent, so I can't tell if they've made a wise choice... ;)

Captain Pan

I Can't Wait

Anyone wondering where I'll be on release date for this movie... Buying copies as soon as the stores open and collapsing with joy of hearing Tinks' voice!!!

I can't wait, I'm giddy with glee every time I see the trailers on the DVD/Blu Rays and the fact Disney have released details of another 3 sequels for this franchise each year till 2012!

Other than WALL-E, (and the Dark Knight) this is my most anticipated movie of the year...
Bring It On

AmericanMouse

I can confirm the fact that much of the voice cast is true.  british actress Jane Horrocks will play comic relief Fairy Mary in the film as well.

As for Mae Whitman replacing Brittney Murphy, that was due to scheduling conflicts between Ms. Murphy and John Lassiter from what i have heard.

burntsienna

i cant wait to see this movie!
i've seen the trailer and it looks awsome!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"