Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

?? That's the rain Forrest cafe not EoS. How old is that concept artwork as it just appears to be the original design that has now lost mushrooms and gained blue paint

Columbiad

Sorry penfold12 - that was in the wrong thread (and very off topic!) Thats what you get for going on a posting spree!

Sorry everyone - back on topic!

littlemermaid83

5,50 euros what a bargain for a decent quality sandwich. Now all we need is a menu :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

penfold12

Quote from: "Columbiad"Sorry penfold12 - that was in the wrong thread (and very off topic!) Thats what you get for going on a posting spree!

Sorry everyone - back on topic!

Haha I've done that in the past! Is that concept artwork the original artwork, for when the Rain Forrest originally opened?

Columbiad

I believe so. :)

Festival Disney

Here's a picture from today... they've ripped up the concrete to the immediate right of the restaurant - I wonder whether the wavy red/orange concrete will be continued up to the restaurant or whether they'll choose something a bit more tasteful :P

Rainforest Café looks alright in blue... whish they'd clean up the shell/tower bit around the back of it though! ... and do something with that mushroom.

Source: Manuchao on Disney Central Plaza
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Josh

Interesting. Although, it looks like we're once again getting excited about something as simple as the floor. XD

As for that last mushroom, though; isn't it needed to shelter the crocodile?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

pussinboots

I was wondering about the floor, too. Surely they will want to get rid of the wavy concrete at some point, and this would be a good place to start. But it would sure look strange in between.

I'm not a fan of the Rainforest Cafe's new color, I'm afraid. I don't know why Euro Disney think blue is a good color for architecture. First Toon Studio, now this. A better and more permanent way would be to "dress up" the top of the facade with Victorian-style moldings or something. Make it look like a handsome edifice of the sort you'd find in any large city, and then no one will care about themeing or color schemes. Gimmicks don't last.

Martyn

Looks so bare outside RF :(

Hopefully they'll do something to spruce it up a bit.

Riebi

Hm a blue color isn´t a solution for me. I wished so much that they would theme the whole building. That hurricanes is on upper floor doesn´t matter for me. They can clearly design the rainforest café as one building and next to it a proper clear entrance/facade to hurricanes or whatever there will take place. This lower floor / upper floor concept looks horrible.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Construction continues:

The EoS logo has disappeared on the grey wall, which is white now. In my opinion the building will look fantastic!

http://www.disneygazette.fr/rehabilitat ... s-505.html

davewasbaloo

In person, it really looked dull and uninspiring IMHO
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"In person, it really looked dull and uninspiring IMHO

I haven't seen it in real life, so I'm just judging from the pictures. Compared to the rest of DV, which looks bad with the ugly balloons, I really like the architecture. In my opinion the building with its glass front is perfect for DV.

15MagicalYears

I think once the finishing touches and final details have been added it will look fabulous, cannot wait to see it in July.

Anthony

Oh good, the white tiles look alright! Those were the one element of the concept I wasn't sure about. Thankfully they don't look too much like a toilet in real life.

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"In person, it really looked dull and uninspiring IMHO
But they've really not begun to add any of the patterns or colours seen in the concept art yet...