Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I wonder if the third mushroom is staying? It's not within the construction walls at least.

I wish they'd take this same ruthlessness to the leftover props and signage around the former Hurricanes entrance which have been left there for over a year now.

Martyn

Hmm, I dont approve to be honest. Yes it may free up some space, but does that really matter? Did we need more space? I think it now looks bare and makes the Rainforest Cafe look even uglier.

Anthony

An official website has launched: http://www.earlofsandwich.fr/

Also featuring some updated concept art:

Deeper colours, more red, different/bigger signage. Even better than it looked before.

Edit: Also interesting to note the first concept art showed the toadstools and column removed over a year ago! Did we not notice that at the time?

dagobert

Here are the removed towers:

Photos by Disney Gazette:
http://www.disneygazette.fr/la-gazette- ... s-500.html

Reiana

Looks like they are quiet easy to remove :)

littlemermaid83

Is it wrong to get so excited about a sandwich? :p
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

MrsPirate

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Is it wrong to get so excited about a sandwich? :p

No, it's never wrong to get excited about food  :D/

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

penfold12

Earl of Sandwich to open shops in UK ? The 11th Earl of Sandwich, who opened the first of his 13 strong chain of Earl of Sandwich shops in the USA in 2004 - Earl of Sandwich - is to open his chain's first shop in the UK next week. The unit, which will be located on Ludgate Hill near St Paul's, is planned as the first of a chain to be rolled out nationwide. The ubiquitous two bread and filling snack was originally named after the 4th Earl of Sandwich in the 18th century.
More on sandwiches ? Alex Garland, the Earl of Sandwich's CEO for Europe, has said his company has 'big plans to roll out'. Big Hospitality reports that his company intends to establish a base in London (with six or so units within two years) and will then move into the regions. The 'main concept is hot, fresh sandwiches made to order, which are prepared fast' but the price-point will be set somewhere above Pret at £3.95 for a choice of one of 13 sandwiches.

This is taken from an industry email I subscribe to for work....

I will be interested in visiting to see how it compares both in quality and price with the one in WDW

Anthony

Thanks for the info. That's unexpected, opening in the UK next week?! In all the press blurb they've always stated Disney Village as being the first in Europe. Does anyone know how this franchising works, by the way? Will Earl of Sandwich actually own and run the Disney Village restaurant?

If they roughly stick to that £3.95 price point in Euros then it'll still be incredibly reasonable for DLP.

Edit: Ahaa http://earlofsandwich.co.uk !

luke85

DLRP Today posted on Twitter earlier that the Sandwiches in DV will be priced at €5.50

"DLRPToday DLRP Today
Sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich will be priced at a standard €5.50, reports Disney Central Plaza. That's 50 cents less than Disney's own!"

dagobert

Quote from: "luke85"DLRP Today posted on Twitter earlier that the Sandwiches in DV will be priced at €5.50

"DLRPToday DLRP Today
Sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich will be priced at a standard €5.50, reports Disney Central Plaza. That's 50 cents less than Disney's own!"

Good news! Disney's food quality is not the best and everyone says that EoS products are really good.

Martyn

Judging by peoples compliments of the Earl, I always assumed there were already stores in the UK?

pussinboots

Hmmm. All these extra franchises are not necessarily good news. People used to like Starbucks back when you still had to look for them. Once there are thirty Earl of Sandwiches in London and thirty in Paris, the novelty will have worn off.

Riebi

Good Point Puss! And yes that can be a real problem in the future. For now I have nearly enough franchise chains at the village. I would love to see the cheesecake factory at the resort  [-o< but that´s not a franchise and a higher quality dining.

Other wishes are unique dining opportunities "that only disney can create" (so come on disney! Create some!). Why not high themed restaurants for the village? Were is the "rooftop dining" or "dine under the sea"? Filling up all caps with franchises isn´t "Disney" village anymore. But for the moment it seems to be the only way for them to get new touches into the village. Maybe a budget thing.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Columbiad

EDIT: My mistake - I posted in the wrong thread! IGNORE.