Photos Magiques DLP news report: 28-29 November 2009

Started by Kristof, December 01, 2009, 02:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Here's some news to report from our Christmas trip past weekend!

Disneyland Park

Not much to report, biggest news is obviously the Christmas season but this will get its own album on Photos Magiques.com

Christmas popcorn

One of the popcorn carts on Central Plaza was selling (on Saturday only) white and red popcorn.

Main Street Vehicles

We spotted the Main Street Limousine out on Main Street around 2.30 pm.

It's Dance Time in Discoveryland no more

The colored spots on the Discoveryland floor for the short run Stitch dance show are in the progress being removed.  All spots near Star Traders are gone.

Walt Disney Studios Park

New posters

Posters for Disney's newest productions have found their way to Disney Studio 1 and the lighting rigs.

Television Tour building

Disney Blockbuster Café

Something extraordinary happened at Blockbuster Café on Saturday around 2 pm.  The place was packed with people waiting in the aisles for a seat.  

Toy Story Playland

To conclude two pictures from the Toy Story Playland construction.

Annet

I love all the Alice In Wonderland posters! So looking forward to that movie :)
The christmas popcorn doesn't look very tasteful to me by the way.

Tuvok

Blockbuster Cafe was packed all day during last weekend. I was there too. Nonetheless, with so many tables available in 3 rooms, you don't have to wait too long for a table to become available. At least, that was my experience. We sat in the HSM room the first day and in the Pirates room the second day where Jack Sparrow makes regular visits. I like this counterservice restaurant better then before and the 'flow' is good, unlike the Restaurant en Coulisse in Studio 1, which is a cue nightmare no matter what time you go.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

_Natalie_x

WOW ! love the pictures. makes me so nostalgic.
can someone please tell me about the television tour building? this is the first ive heard about it
also i love the blockbuster cafe..!
but its always so quiet in there whenever ive been ! (usually october) nice to see it so busy. and loving the theme as always.
i find that so cute that Jack Sparrow comes in every now and then too! (L)  i bet everyones delighted to see him. Id keep going back loll !
:D
Thanks for the pics. love them xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

CentralPlazaPerson

I'm gonna miss some of the old movie posters knocking around the Studios. :(
anyways..
Great news about Stitch.. thought he was never gonna leave Discoveryland.
Great Pics.. :)

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for your report Kristof, it's much appreciated :)

I'm so glad that they aren't waiting around before getting rid of the Dance time stuff in Discoveryland, hopefully it'll be gone soon :wink: . I also love the new posters that have been put up (although I can live with out the ones for Disney XD), I didn't even think about them doing that :) . And Blockbuster Cafe... Busy!?! :shock:

RnRCj

Thanks for the report Kristof! Nice to see Discoveryland returning to how it should be. If I was there I would've ripped up a few of those spots myself. :lol:

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"And Blockbuster Cafe... Busy!?! :shock:
I'm sure it wasn't the theme that made so many people go in there........... Christmas period + extremely busy weekends + freezing cold weather = hundreds of guests squeezing into any indoor space for warmth!! :lol:

loladelorean

Thanks for posting this report - I like the look of the Alice in Wonderland posters! But hope they havent got rid of too many of the old ones...?
The Television Studios are looking great! and i fancy trying the christmas popcorn, wonder if it tastes different?!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Malin

Thanks for the update Kristof :)

Nice to see the park selling festive popcorn, is it just a food colouring or are the red bits flavoured with anything?