Extra Magic Hours tested in April

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2006, 10:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Oh a letter, I haven't got one either :( , maybe it will go via the travel agent I booked with and then get forwarded to me, I hope, it's so impressive still at what they are doing it's like the whole park is open I'm so happy :D , bring on April :wink: .

Anthony

I wonder if they're ever going to change that "Resort ID"?  Since many more people will be using it now, maybe it's time they changed the design of it?

It's always seemed weird to me that they make such an "important" document out of a flimsy piece of paper.  They have to make a lot of them, sure, but they should at least use thin card or something...

Anthony

Extra Magic Hours are brilliant!!! It was one of the most magical times I've ever had in the park!  :D  :D

Imagine this - it goes dark at 8.30pm, the park is open till 11pm, everything is lit up and looking superb, all the main attractions are open, they're all practically walk-ons...  It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.  I was on Phantom Manor with just 2 other people at one point!

The park wasn't empty though, there were people around.  It just felt really relaxing and nice, since you didn't have all the pushy "1-day-guests" around. :lol:

They advertised it well around the resort too.  When you check in at your hotel, you get the leaflet and the CM explains it to you, and then on the days the park has extended hours they have purple signs out in front of Main Street Station.

When the park opens early, you show your Resort ID to get in.  When it's open later, you show your ID to the CMs under main street station after 5pm to get a purple wristband, which you then need to show to get on the attractions.  It was very very well organised and everyone around the park seemed to be loving it.  They had survey CMs on Central Plaza throughout the night and at the park exit from 11pm, so I really hope they got some good feedback.  I think Patrick was surveyed, so maybe he can tell us what they asked? :)

They really really need to introduce this as a full-time thing though, it's brilliant and would definitely make me stay in a Disney Hotel.  They should at least have it running when the park closes at 8pm but you're paying high season price for the hotel (ie. during school holidays).

Kristof

Oh and next month the park will be closing at 18h!!!!!!!!!!!

Nala_84

Sounds great... must be a dream to take a ride on BTM when it's getting dark :)

But do you mean you have payed the "high season" price?? For one hour more?
I'm not happy that they've increased the prices again. When they do this with every new attraction, I can't pay DLRP anymore  :cry:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

What a shame for normal guests :lol: , but who cares about 1 day guests lol.  Well have to say it was really wonderful, would have been even better if that night before I had not walked so far and been awake for so long the day before.  But was nice I only spent an hour extra in the park till 9pm since I really didn't feel up to a 11pm wonder around the park though normally I would have loved to.  Nice range of rides open the only one which annoyed me a bit was Buzz, it was not open and that seemed a bit odd.  Overall nice and BTM wasn't too bad though still had a queue, Space Mountain was a walk on TWICE in a row :D .  Shame the train first time was so bumpy and had no music :( .  Nautillus was also open so I was able to get a nice leisurely visit to there without any problems of other annoying guests who don't realise it's a walk through lol.  Fantastically done and advertised too only problem was when they gave out the bracelets English people were complaining like mad they had to queue :lol: , I was like yes well you usually have to queue lol.  
As for the survey I took part in it on my way out at 9pm under the Main Street Station it was like you could not leave without being made sure you answer a survey lol.  But they asked me where I was from was I staying on site normal stuff then did I enjoy my time extra in DLP and answered I was very satisfied and then I was so tired I didn't realise he asked me what I didn't enjoy I said nothing but should have said not having buzz open lol.  He seemed pretty happy with my answers since I really did love the whole idea and concept and how it was done anyway so I was totally satisfied and came out the park happy amazed with such a nice time and it didn't annoy me too much knowing my feet were about to fall over since I was so tired :) .

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"But do you mean you have payed the "high season" price?? For one hour more?
I'm not happy that they've increased the prices again. When they do this with every new attraction, I can't pay DLRP anymore  :cry:
No, don't worry, they haven't changed the price structure.

I just meant that you're forced to pay more during school holidays (february, easter, june, october and christmas), but you still only get 9/10am to 8pm in the park.  If they used Extra Magic Hours during these times then that'd be great, it'd make it better that you're having to pay more because of the school holidays.

I think they should look into running Fantillusion on weekends through June and early July too...

Anthony

"Extra Magical Hours" are due to make a return in Summer 2007 season, that's from March 31st 2007.  It'll probably be advertised along with all the other 15th Anniversary stuff.  :)