Extra Magic Hours tested in April

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2006, 10:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

During 17 dates in the month April will DLRP test an Extra Magic Hours system.  One hour before opening and several hours after closure will Disney resort guests be able to remain in the parks.  On certain days the park would even remain open until 23h.

Disney Resort guests have to ware a plastic bracelet to distinguish them from "regular" or partner hotel guests (similar to Disney World).

If the tests are succesful than this system will start in the month November.  

This would certainly give a boost to the Disney Hotels.  :D  :D

Source: La Rouquine on Disney Central Plaza

Dlrpfan

Like this idea cos hotel guests do need a bit moree time in the park cos when the public comes its a nightmare!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

It's a nice extra for the Disney Hotel guests, but I think it's unfair for the normal guests. I mean, they pay just as much to enter the park(s), so technically they've got the same rights in my opinion.

Kristof

Oh no, that's not really true.  Resort guests are already spending a lot more for an overpriced hotelroom (compare prices with the partner hotels, 55 euro's for a room at Holiday Inn compared to 200 at Cheyenne...)  I do think this is a wonderful idea and will encourge more people to spend a night or two at a Disney hotel.

Anthony

Does anyone know the dates of this yet?  Or which Hotels it'll be available for?

I think this is exactly what DLRP needs to get more people into its own hotels. I'm staying in Holiday Inn next time, but if they start this fully then I'd definately consider paying extra for a Disney hotel.

Kristof

Biensur, mon ami:  :wink:

Monday 3 avril : 10h-23h
Tuesday 4 avril : 10h-20h
Wednesday 5 avril : 9h-20h
Thursday 6 avril : 10h-20h
Friday 7 avril : 10h-20h
Saturday 8 avril : 10h-23h
Sunday 9 avril : 9h-20h

Monday 10 avril : 8h-20h
Tuesday 11 avril : 8h-20h
Wednesday 12 avril : 8h-20h
Thursday 13 avril : 8h-20h
Friday 14 avril : 8h-20h
Saturday 15 avril : 8h-20h
Sunday 16 avril : 8h-20h

Monday 17 avril : 9h-22h
Tuesday 18 avril : 10h-20h
Wednesday 19 avril : 10h-22h
Thursday 20 avril : 10h-22h
Friday 21 avril : 9h-20h
Saturday 22 avril : 10h-22h
Sunday 23 avril : 9h-20h

Source: Sound Engineer at DCP

Anthony

Ahhh, merci beaucoup!  :wink:

So... I'm staying at Newport Bay Club for one night on the 7th (SMM2 prize), with a 2 day park ticket included... will I be able to stay in Disneyland Park untill 23h00 on the 8th?  It'd be awesome if I could.

Kristof

Disneyland park, one hour before opening
Disney resort guests will have access one hour prior to opening to these attractions, boutiques and restaurants:

Main Street, USA: Disneyland Railroad Station, Cable Car Bakeshop, Cookie Kitchen and Plaza Garden Restaurant, Strollers & Wheelchairs and Emporium

Fantasyland: Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, Le Carrousel de Lancelot, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant andt It's a small world
Le Châlet de la Marionnette and Pizzeria Bella Notte
Sir Mickey's

Discoveryland: Orbitron, Space Mountain Mission 2, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Star Tours
Constellation, Light Speed Photography, Buzz Photolocation and Star Tours Arcade

Musiciens and Disney characters will also be present. Frontierland and Adventureland will not be open.

Disneyland park open until 22h or 23h
All the boutiques and restaurants are open for all guests.
The attractions can only be accessed after 20h by Disney Resort guests.

Main Street, USA: Plaza Garden Restaurant, Casey's Corner, Walt's and a popcorn cart
Stroller & Wheelch, Emporium, Town square Photography and Plaza West

Frontierland: hotdog and popcorn cart
Thunder Mesa Mercantile and Big Thunder Mountain Photography
Phantom Manor et Big Thunder Mountain

Adventureland: Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost and Blue Lagoon Restaurant
Pirates Photolocation, Le Coffre du Capitaine and the Indiana Jones kiosk
Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril

Fantasyland: Le Chalet de la Marionnette, popcorn and waffles cart
Sir Mickey's and La Chaumière des Sept Nains
Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, Le Carrousel de Lancelot, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains and It's a small world

Discoveryland: Café Hypérion
Constellation, Light Speed Photography, Buzz Photolocation and Star Tours Arcade
Orbitron, Space Mountain : Mission 2, Buzz Lightyear : Laser Blast and Star Tours

Characters will also be out during these extra hours.

Source:  mdvx at DCP

Anthony

Thanks!

Two interesting things - "Disney resort guests".  So not just those at Disney Hotels then, or does "resort guests" mean those at Disney hotels?

And... "Buzz photolocation".  Interesting...

Kristof

Disney Hotels only (no partner hotels)

Anthony

D'oh!  I'll buy an AP Dream early then, that gets you in 1 hour early every day, doesn't it?

Kristof

Yes, indeed.  One hour prior to opening!

Patrick

WOW, I'm so happy if this is true, I can't wait to get night riding in on some rides :D , finally I may be able to ride Big Thunder Mountain at night.  I'm pretty excited if this is true, I will have soughted out what to do part of one night I'm there :wink: .

luke

Oh doh, the week im there (finally booked today, after much hard work from the girlfriend who managed to get us on a coach trip even tho they had "sold out") has it only open til 8pm!

Wonder why when thats the first week of the British Easter holidays!!

Ah well, maybe theyll change it (fingers crossed)

Anthony

It seems DLRP are sending out letters to people staying at Disney Hotels in April, telling them about the Extra Magic Hours.  (I didn't get one, but I got an email from someone who has)

You'll just need your park ticket and Resort ID to "take part".

I just had another look at the attractions involved, and I'm really impressed.  DLRP could have easily opened the park later/earlier and just had very very few things open, but there's a very good mix.  It doesn't matter that Frontierland and Adventureland won't open in the mornings either, since the other lands have more than enough to fill up that hour (and take the crowds).

I *really* hope this is a successful trial.  Featuring this with their Disney Hotel packages would be perhaps the best thing they've ever done, it's an amazing incentive.