How obssesed are you?

Started by RockNRoller, October 18, 2009, 04:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

We're off soon for our annual visit and we're taking some first timers with us, last night I was describing the lengths that Disney goes to to build the story and they looked at me stunned. Not at what I told them but what I knew, "You're obssesed" they said.

Yes I am, I take photo's of the bins, the lamps, hidden Mickeys, even the man hole covers of Main Street. I keep the serviettes from the restaurants, I have a cupboard full of the carrier bags cos I cant bear to use them anywhere else.

What makes you obssesive? Share cos I know im not the only one.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Aveen2008

If you could see my bedroom I think it would answer the question alone lol! :wink:  I have hardly any room to move and I am running out of space!  :shock:

I have dolls, plushes, snowglobes, photoframes, pins, traditions, ornamnets, money banks, key rings, my duvet, clothes, pens, books, toys, pictures, pj's, hats, bags, dvds, videos, cds, canvas's, music boxes, mugs, pillows,calanders, storage boxes, board games .. you name it I probably have a disney version of it lol

We even named a stray cat that comes to our house and has been for years - Disney! lol

Like you I know lots of information and random facts on Disney. My heroe is definately Walt! I have loved disney since I was old enough to walk. I think I no almost all the songs and love walking around disneyland hearing the music from different movies. I go to disney on Ice every year in the UK.

I try to go to DLP at least twice a year (except for this year do to having an operation on my ankle at the start of 09 which prevented me from going.)

I can't think of what else makes me obsessed :P  I am sure there is loads more things but my brain is dead hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Magic M

I think that most of us are far more obsessed than we like to admit!

I...

* take pictures of Hidden Mickeys
* look for hidden details, features
* have my DLRP pictures slideshow as my permanent screensaver
* have Disney hats, pins, stuffed toys
* read old guidebooks just to see the changes
* start planning my trips 6 months in advance
* never think about going anywhere else on holiday
* really fancy the girl who played Wendy Darling

etc etc

Hibernia

Quote from: "RockNRoller"We're off soon for our annual visit and we're taking some first timers with us, last night I was describing the lengths that Disney goes to to build the story and they looked at me stunned. Not at what I told them but what I knew, "You're obssesed" they said.

Yes I am, I take photo's of the bins, the lamps, hidden Mickeys, even the man hole covers of Main Street. I keep the serviettes from the restaurants, I have a cupboard full of the carrier bags cos I cant bear to use them anywhere else.

What makes you obssesive? Share cos I know im not the only one.

Oooh you sound just like me!
Anything not stapled down i usualy count as fair game :)

I've even stooped to picking up the shiny Mickey Ear confetti they use in various places  , a bit sad maybe but great little memories when it comes to looking back on previous trips.
Disneyland Paris  - 1992 - 1996 - 1999 - 2002 - 2008 - 2009
Hotels stayed in - Cheyanne - Santa Fe
Disneyland LA  - 1997
DisneyWorld Florida 1983 - 1989 - 1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2001 - 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2009 - 2010
Disney Hotels stayed in - All Star Movies , Sport and Music - Port Orleans Riverside
Disney Cruise - 2003 - 2005 - 2006

cinders

I havnt gone as far as takeing pictures of the bins yet but i do take so many pictures when im there its unreal when i went in July i took over 500 pictures :| i have so many pictures of all the times i have been in total i must have at least 3000 DLRP pictures but that does span over 7 years LOL i am off again on the 1st of november and i have 2 new cards for my camera that hold over 800 pictures each and i am also takeing my video camera too LOL i think i have OCD ! but Disney OCD is good :D !

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

andrewuk

Stop dead in my tracks in fantasyland to video the figures going around the top of IASW
Always take home plenty of salt and pepper sachets to remind myself of Disney with the taste
Drink tea out of my Disney mugs all the time even though they won't go in the dishwasher
Try to re-create Adventureland in my garden.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

mattboywonder

I'm right with you - couldn't bear to part with those carrier bags.  But when the years start to roll by, the parks logos change etc and those carrier bags and napkins become very unique.

I have even taken photos of the male and female toilet signs - haven't you ever noticed they are often kept 'in theme' with their location?
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

never2old

Quote from: "mattboywonder"I'm right with you - couldn't bear to part with those carrier bags.  But when the years start to roll by, the parks logos change etc and those carrier bags and napkins become very unique.

I have even taken photos of the male and female toilet signs - haven't you ever noticed they are often kept 'in theme' with their location?

I'm the same! I don't know what to do with all the bags I've saved over the years....  But I cant throw them away...

and pictures of the toilet sign? I haven't got them all yet, but I'm getting there... My favourite are the ones in the back on Fantasyland, the ones with the king and queen from Sleeping Beauty  :wink:

Quote from: "Magic M"I think that most of us are far more obsessed than we like to admit!

I...

* take pictures of Hidden Mickeys
* look for hidden details, features
* have my DLRP pictures slideshow as my permanent screensaver
* have Disney hats, pins, stuffed toys
* read old guidebooks just to see the changes
* start planning my trips 6 months in advance
* never think about going anywhere else on holiday
* really fancy the girl who played Wendy Darling

etc etc

Peter Pan in my case  :wink:

Timbo

Quote from: "andrewuk"Try to re-create Adventureland in my garden.
Did this also ! :D  However it is a tiny garden ,and the bamboos and palm grew so big we had to get rid of them all ! (donated them to Chester Zoo !)
Don't have any Disney things out at home but have amassed hundreds and hundreds of pictures,and have every book on the parks that is published ! As well as all the bags , tickets ,leaflets from trips and a lot of Eurodisney preopening stuff !!

never2old

My current ringtone is taken from Phantom Manor (my previous one was from Space Moutain Mission 2)

The wallpaper on my phone is of course a picture of me with Minnie and Mickey.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Timbo"
Quote from: "andrewuk"Try to re-create Adventureland in my garden.
Did this also ! :D  However it is a tiny garden ,and the bamboos and palm grew so big we had to get rid of them all ! (donated them to Chester Zoo !)

We're moving house and taking it all with us before this happens! Cant take the banana though, its up to the the roof now!

I can't bear to throw the carrier bags out either.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Hibernia"I've even stooped to picking up the shiny Mickey Ear confetti they use in various places  , a bit sad maybe but great little memories when it comes to looking back on previous trips.

Prize possession from last year was a length of the streamer they shoot off during the OADP

RockNRoller

Seems like we have a bit of a competition, ok how about this:

We dont go to DLRP till end November but the cases are already on the spare bed for packing. They are both DLRP cases with Mickey or Minnie luggage tags and for the inserts on the luggage tags where the address would go I made my own, pictures of either me or my wife next to the yellow cab in front of HNY (where we stay)
Over the next few weeks each night when I come home I will pack a bit in that case, just seems to make it come quicker.

Also we have 12 rooms in the house and the only one that has no DLRP souvenier is the down stairs toilet,  yep we even have them in the bath room

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I take pictures of the Disney bathrooms, does that classify me as obsessed? :P

Only the themed ones though ...  :-"