Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2009

Started by Willow, October 05, 2009, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I hope on the next Programme someone realises it should be Lighting Ceremony and not Lightning Ceremony! :lol:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/daily ... mme_01.png

There's about a half hour gap between the two events.

What happened with Mickey's Winter Wonderland? Does it have a real or fake ice rink?

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "Anthony"There's about a half hour gap between the two events.

Yes..I notice that there was 'only' a 30 minute gap.   Can you imagine all those people trying to move from one end of Main Street to the other in order to see both shows....

Thats just going to be one very nasty crush (I'll let you know - I'm there on Saturday).

Anthony

A cynical person might say this whole two ceremonies thing is just a ploy to keep guests lingering around Main Street, spending money...

8-[

RockNRoller

Quote from: "MagicStar"I love the float...

But I´m horrified about the castle illumination.
La Mickey Danse?  :shock:
AARRRGGGGGG!

I Agree 100% with Riebi!

Agreed, love the float but what were they thinking, if I can use the words of the immortal Noddy Holder and Slade "Its Christmas" quick someone tell the entertainments director
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

experiment627

Quote from: "Riebi"They should search a new entertainment head....that should be the last thing he/she done for the resort.

I think you are on to something... DLP's last entertainment head moved over to WDW, what, during the 15th anniversary year? I would say that until 2007 DLP's entertainment was really good... and then it started to slip and the seasons lost more and more of its focus...
(Does anybody remember when they tried launching a dedicated Easter season?)

pussinboots

Apparently, the Lights of Winter aren't coming to Epcot this year and there are no plans to revive them. (Although I'm sure few will mourn the loss of the more recent lighting ceremonies.) So now no one can enjoy the arches or that music anymore. Kind of sad.

MagicKenny

This wonderfull video appeared on Vimeo from TravelPics.fr
It is worth watching!!!

http://vimeo.com/7592285
(sorry, can't find a wat to Embed it here)

Kenny :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

pussinboots

I'm sorry, I promise this is the last time I bring up that stupid soundtrack, but look where it survived! Also interesting to see the tree/castle lighting ceremony in a different park, obviously.
[youtube:2cqs1294]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgrDMeuVWXI[/youtube:2cqs1294]

What really strikes you is the way the scale of the park changes everything. I mean, the show isn't that different from Paris', but it feels like a much hokier, cozier little affair in Hong Kong.

Rascal-HN

Hello everybody,

I will be there in the park from 23.11 to 27.11... On the Website "Wetter.com" is every evening light rain exept for Tuesday... does this mean, that the Party Time Illumination with the Dancers of the Castle will be canceled?  :cry:

RockNRoller

Quote from: "pussinboots"I'm sorry, I promise this is the last time I bring up that stupid soundtrack, but look where it survived! Also interesting to see the tree/castle lighting ceremony in a different park, obviously.

Why is it so different and to be honest so much better than what's going on in Paris? The snow flake lights look so brilliant compared to our chandaliers and there's not a hint of Mickey's birthday to spoil it all.

ps love that old music, I'd completely forgotten about it
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Anthony

The chandliers look colder and more imposing each year, hiding the nice decorations on the buildings behind. I don't want to get caught saying "things were so much better...", but in this case these lights are just horrible for Disneyland. The large garlands they have in the US are nice, if our parade floats would fit under them.

...Maybe not. But that traditional green/red/yellow colour scheme is needed.

The live host turned out good for our show though, from the videos I've seen it looks quite "warm", just the lighting itself is a bit unspectacular/unemotional compared to what it could be.

Maybe someone should burn that music onto a CD and send it to Philippe Gas, since they seem to have lost their copy.

Quote from: "Rascal-HN"I will be there in the park from 23.11 to 27.11... On the Website "Wetter.com" is every evening light rain exept for Tuesday... does this mean, that the Party Time Illumination with the Dancers of the Castle will be canceled?  :cry:
Most likely not. They'd send them out in a hurricane if need be!

Willow

Paris needs a new tree with more lights on it, to make the lighting ceremony more impressive.

I'd like a few million euros invested into the Christmas season.

ICHAPMAN

Is the snow on Main street a tad weak this year?.

Having visited during the Christmas Seasons since 2004 my memory was that it's came down as a fairly good flurry - and normally just before you'd see the machines 'raise' from the roofs on the buildings on Main Street.

Visiting during weekend of November 13th, the snow seemed very 'weak' - as if it was a 'new' system this year - as you also didn't see the machines 'raise' from the roofs.

Similarly you would normally see lightening rigs raise from the building roofs shortly before the parade, but these also never occurred.

Iain

pussinboots

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Is the snow on Main street a tad weak this year?.

Having visited during the Christmas Seasons since 2004 my memory was that it's came down as a fairly good flurry - and normally just before you'd see the machines 'raise' from the roofs on the buildings on Main Street.

Visiting during weekend of November 13th, the snow seemed very 'weak' - as if it was a 'new' system this year - as you also didn't see the machines 'raise' from the roofs.

Similarly you would normally see lightening rigs raise from the building roofs shortly before the parade, but these also never occurred.

Iain

I think you may have just answered your own question — without the bright light from the rooftop lighting rigs, whatever snow there was would have been barely visible. Maybe it was just a glitch.

dlrpteam

Hello,

I went recently to DLP, I propose you my videos of Christmas season.  :D

The Dream Of Christmas.

http://www.vimeo.com/7724953

Christmas Tree Lightning Ceremony.

http://www.vimeo.com/7728108

It's A Small World Celebration

http://www.vimeo.com/7854970