Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2009

Started by Willow, October 05, 2009, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"It is true of course that the voice of Mickey Wayne Allwine, passed away earlier this year... and his successor has yet to be decided I believe. His wife Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse has not been in the recording studio since of course.

Having said that, we can assume that even if these great voice talents were still "available", we'd still be hearing Mickey in French... I'm sure it is much cheaper and easier to arrange and record, and of course it goes down well with the "home crowd". And as much as I hate hearing Mickey in French.... there has been alot of new recordings of him this year... Party Time, Stars and Cars, Not So Scary show, 31st October show, Christmas Stars and Cars, Christmas Tree Lighting, Cinema Mickey.....etc...

hmmm - but can´t the french voice speak english, too?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "MagicStar"hmmm - but can´t the french voice speak english, too?

I don't think so , they might be able to , but not very well . It would be a little bit of english with a french accent :)
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Poppy The Monkey

Mickey's voice in English is very distinct and famous - Wayne Allwine was the offical and only English-speaking Mickey, if he starts talking in broken English with a French accent, I'm sure there would be uproar and it wouldn't be allowed.   However the french Minnie does try to speak English on the Party Train, and the results are disgusting!  :lol:

Anyway back to Christmas, the tree went up last night with no changes at all.  :x

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Mickey's voice in English is very distinct and famous - Wayne Allwine was the offical and only English-speaking Mickey, if he starts talking in broken English with a French accent, I'm sure there would be uproar and it wouldn't be allowed.   However the french Minnie does try to speak English on the Party Train, and the results are disgusting!  :lol:

Anyway back to Christmas, the tree went up last night with no changes at all.  :x

I dont understand why thye haven't changed anything on the tree. Are they going to be decorating the castle (doubt it :roll: ) ? .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Anthony

Lucky the Tree Lighting Ceremony has been brought back, the Castle illumination is ruined:

[youtube:31jbgvkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaouCdwFy6s[/youtube:31jbgvkc]
Barely a second to appreciate the lights before "la Meeekay donse!!!". Hmpph. :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Merry Christmas Everybody! :santa:

:arrow: http://www.dlrptimes.com/article-coup-d ... 59462.html

Gareth

WOW that float is amazing and now im mega excited for my trip come on december 17th :D :D/

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Willow

They really have dramatically changed the old Cinderella float, you can barely tell its the same thing.

Merry Christmas everybody!  :santa:

pussinboots

Float looks good, good to see they haven't redone the tree. I'm quite curious about the tree lighting ceremony...

And yes, the Mickey's Magical Party craziness immediately following the castle lighting. How much longer will we have to par-tay? When will this end? Haha.

pussinboots

Finally, I was able to track down a video with the old music in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQY2QtAPdUQ

It starts at about 2:35, and it has people blabbering through it, who should be lined up and shot.

(At least in Paris they wait for the nice music to end before resuming the shrieking.)

Anyway, it was touching and lovely and left everyone in awe.

[EDIT] Ha, here it is, a reminder of better times. A version without partying nor hardying from 2000.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-ID-WD ... ay2000.asp
Scroll down to "Click for a RealVideo of The Christmas Tree Lighting at Epcot."

Yes, it's a Real video, if you're old enough to remember that.

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"It starts at about 2:35, and it has people blabbering through it, who should be lined up and shot.
The emotion in their voice is hilarious.

[Monotone] "How beautiful." "Oh. Look at all the light."

Second video is lovely.

Anyway, here we go with the first video, and no, it's not the same. Music is from the more recent shows: (and warning, scratchy sound, though I thank the uploaders :) )

[youtube:jjy8y79n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsSDSaqRnSI[/youtube:jjy8y79n]
[youtube:jjy8y79n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbSJZH5UBh8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:jjy8y79n]
And more of the castle illumination:

[youtube:jjy8y79n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HO5iBpGhVM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:jjy8y79n]
So yeah, they use the same music for both?

Would it have been so hard to dust off the old CD?

I do like how the spotlights dance with the castle lights, although it doesn't exactly work with it meant to be a frozen "Ice Palace", and you'd better throw any hope for emotion out the window...

Reiana

It's horrible. It has nothing to do with christmas anymore. Is more like a disco. Why can't they use the old christmas song after the castle ilumination. :evil:  :?  :(  
It's a very od feeling to hear MMPT after it. And I really don't like it. No christmas feeling after this.

Riebi

Oh my good! Which mad mind have created this castle illumination show. It´s the worsest piece of "christmas" entertainment ever. Sorry??? "la Micky danse"??? Are they serious???? That should be a "fairytale christmas", the marketing department let us now this! And now we have this ugly PARTEY destroying christmas.

They should search a new entertainment head....that should be the last thing he/she done for the resort.

Tree light looks ok but I don´t like that they use the same music twice. Why not the old piece of music? that´s fairytale christmas...seems they need a Riebi to tell them what to do and what not do to for a fairytale christmas...sad.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MagicStar

I love the float...

But I´m horrified about the castle illumination.
La Mickey Danse?  :shock:
AARRRGGGGGG!

I Agree 100% with Riebi!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Rascal-HN

At first, I think you all will hate me for this  :shock:  but...

My first christmas in Disneyland Paris was 2006 were the Parade will completely dressed up for Christmas (Floats and Dancers). That was the Time, where it hits me and since then, I`ve been there for 14 times :)
Since the "Once upon a Dream Parade" started, the Christmas flair of the Floats is completley gone, at the first year 2007, there where at the End Vicortian Dancers, which have a glamour stil... know, since for 2 Years, we have this (sorry) stupid elves! There is no glamour at all at the parade now! And the reindeers.... I`m sad they passed away... but why they don`t buy knew ones? When the Streetcar Horses will die, would they build Plastic Horses for them? And the old Cinderella "vehicle" recycled, I´am not happy at all with it...

About the Castle Illumination... it`s not that bad at all!
First plus point, the dancers have a little Christmasy Jackets, which looks cool on them :) Than the "Power Point" Presention on the Castle with Notes etc. looks nice too.
And after the Illumination begins the Party, which what I saw on the Video above, must be really cool! The Castle lights are totaly in cheographicly style, not only the tops of the roofs like by candelabration. And you can not forget, it`s party time.
I think, the Magical Party hasn`t started very well.  Many People (me too) missed the Candelabration time, which was great! But there is now something new. (New heads, new ideas). For the Christmas Feeling they bring back the Treelight Ceremony, that`s a good thing! And the Snow White "Show" seems pretty cool, too. And why can Christmas not a little bit Party like? I think they do a great show! If you don`t think so ok, but think also about the Christmas Parade until 2006 and what we now got! That`s 100 Times more worse than the Party Time Edition of Illumination the Castle!