Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2009

Started by Willow, October 05, 2009, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

(Has there been a topic posted yet? Apologies if so)

Advert has just aired on Channel 4, in the middle break of The Simpsons, watch again in an hour on Channel 4 + 1.

Its a brilliant advert, features the castle being pulled by Rheindeer, very nice.

Also a pretty nice website found at :

http://www.disneymagicalchristmas.com/

Note: It's a Small World Celebration overlay is being discussed in a separate topic here.

Barnsey313

Just seen it myself! Beautiful compared to the summer Mickey's Magical Party one, almost on par with the 15th!

Willow

I've just uploaded a camera phone video of it to Youtube. Unfortunately, the sound is very very very quiet.

The voiceover is a man, with a fairly soft voice and talks about Disney's Christmas during Mickey's Magical Party.

[youtube:vl6o16e9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIlWO-FOnY[/youtube:vl6o16e9]

Its alright for the first copy online, better versions should surface. (might take a few more minutes to become properly available)

Disneydavid

When i was on my trip , I did spot 2 parts of the christmasthrees. Is this the christmasthree of this year?

[youtube:1wnbxtln]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF9Sta64LiY&feature=channel_page[/youtube:1wnbxtln]

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Clarebelle

Christmas three? I dont understand
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

RnRCj

I was sitting on the sofa just now when this advert rolled on - what a surprise I got when I realised it isn't crap and they've actually used "our" castle! :lol: I really like it. Unlike some of the other recent adverts, this one makes me want to go!

CGM12345

Its not in front of SM:M2 its in the car park to the left

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"what a surprise I got when I realised it isn't crap and they've actually used "our" castle!!

I was pleasantly surprised by this too! I really liked the Ad, definitely a vast improvement on recent ones!

-breeno-

I've seen that advert so many times today, it seems to be everywhere :P

Really like it though, very nicely done with the castle.  But does it not seem a little be early to be thinking about Christmas?  Halloween is still the best part of a month away! :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Yes it is the Christmas tree for this year. It will probably be set up in front of the gazebo in Town Square :)

What's even more interesting is what's next to it; the 101 Dalmatians float from the old Cinema parade in the Studios. I wonder what they've got in mind for it :-k

MagicKenny

Wow! that advert does look quite impressive!
Turned on my speakers on Max volume, and I can hear the voiceover, but no music...
I hope there is some Christmas music in this advert! :)

Can't wait to see this advert here in The Netherlands myself!
Hope it will be the same :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Kristof

That's the Entertainment Department props boneyard.  Belle's Christmas Village houses, old floats, Easter & Halloween decorations, etc. are stored behind Space Mountain.

Edit: it's the same old tree they're using for years now.

Anthony

Thanks for starting this topic, been meaning to do it for ages.

Beautiful advert! I'm guessing it was done in the US, by the people who do WDW's? That's where the equally nice 15th ads came from. Mickey actually comes across friendly and cute. It feels special, an individual experience, not like they're advertising some tacky holiday camp (or Discoveryland) where you're forced to dance to YMCA every day.

And they didn't even shoot it in South Africa. (or did they?)

dlrpkris

Oh I'd heard all about this ad, but in The Netherlands. I love it. The 'park' shots look amazing. Faultless! Not so sure if I like the idea of the castle being dragged along by reindeer though. Looks a bit shifty but we've done so much worse. Fantastic :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

davewasbaloo

Very cute, I know my little ones will love this ad.
since 2001 (many before that)