Childless Couples in Disneyland Paris

Started by CafeFantasia, August 21, 2009, 02:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Like I said, I wouldn't have thought the Tower of Terror is a ride for a 3-year-old kid. I'd like to hear the thoughts of other members of this forum, on that subject.

Gareth

when i went on TOT there were twins that were liek 3 or 4 and they were SO scarrrred my little brother is 11 and chickened out so i think it all depends how well the child can handle the ride tbh

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Alan"Like I said, I wouldn't have thought the Tower of Terror is a ride for a 3-year-old kid. I'd like to hear the thoughts of other members of this forum, on that subject.

My DD is more scared of phantom manor then she is of ToT.....end of the day its down to the child if they want to ride a certain ride or not.  

I for one and have stated before that i will not hold my child back from trying a ride if she is tall enough, end of the day these rides have no age restrictions which means if my child is the right height shes safe enough to ride.  

I have seen 3-4 year olds on Crush's Coaster, but you don't see me complaining....... :roll:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

"Want to scream at children in Tower of Terror queue WHY AREN'T YOU AT DUMBO?!"

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I have seen 3-4 year olds on Crush's Coaster, but you don't see me complaining....... :roll:
Calm down. I didn't see Alan complaining anywhere. Just seemed to be making a friendly comment that Tower of Terror is hardly the first ride you'd pick out for a 3 year old to ride.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Anthony""Want to scream at children in Tower of Terror queue WHY AREN'T YOU AT DUMBO?!"

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I have seen 3-4 year olds on Crush's Coaster, but you don't see me complaining....... :roll:
Calm down. I didn't see Alan complaining anywhere. Just seemed to be making a friendly comment that Tower of Terror is hardly the first ride you'd pick out for a 3 year old to ride.

Why not?

Dumbo isn't exactly a thrill a minute ride  :lol:

Me and my DD who is still 3 will be enjoying riding ToT many times during our trip next week :mrgreen:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

luke85

I think it's unusual that a 3 year old would like ToT, no-one's having a go, it's just out of the ordinary that's all.

kiki_304

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"My daughter is 3 years old and is tall enough for ToT and BTM, and i think by my measurements she will be tall enough to ride Crush...she is 4 next month.

She rode the first two rides back in January and loved then and she is looking forward to trying Crush if shes tall enough...so that comment is a bit ridiculous.

Wow, your daughter is really tall.  Infact, she is up to my chest. lol   (I'm 5' 3"). How tall is your dd?

My ds went on BTM just before he turned 5 but I would never consider letting him try TOT because he doesn't like noise and since going in "honey I shrunk the aud" he is nervous of dark places with noises.  

Each child is different and I as much as you don't want to hold your child back from an experience I am sure you would take some decision out her hands if you thought something unsuitable.

Your DD is going to such a thrill seeker when she grows up. lol   Actually, she already is I guess.

littlemermaid83

My daughter is 106.5cm when i measured her last month, she gets mistaken for a 5 year old a lot of the time because she is so tall, she deffo takes after her dad's side of the family as we are all shorties on my side  :lol:

If i knew my daughter would of been terrified on ToT i never would of taken her on it, she wasn't fazed by any of it and loved the ride.

kiki_304

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"My daughter is 106.5cm when i measured her last month, she gets mistaken for a 5 year old a lot of the time because she is so tall, she deffo takes after her dad's side of the family as we are all shorties on my side  :lol:

If i knew my daughter would of been terrified on ToT i never would of taken her on it, she wasn't fazed by any of it and loved the ride.

Wow, she is tall, she's going to be like my niece.  My niece always says to me "don't make me come down there to you. lol   She's the tallest girl in her school (she's 15) and I think she likes it.  But my sis and her DH are tall so I guess it is natural.

My kids don't like the big rides at all and DH has to go on them by himself.   :(

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "kiki_304"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"My daughter is 106.5cm when i measured her last month, she gets mistaken for a 5 year old a lot of the time because she is so tall, she deffo takes after her dad's side of the family as we are all shorties on my side  :lol:

Wow, she is tall, she's going to be like my niece.  My niece always says to me "don't make me come down there to you. lol   She's the tallest girl in her school (she's 15) and I think she likes it.  But my sis and her DH are tall so I guess it is natural.

My kids don't like the big rides at all and DH has to go on them by himself.   :(

:lol: I can see my DD saying that to me in years to come.

The only ride she will not do is phantom manor, not that it bothers me...I'm not a fan of that ride either lol.

lynny

you know what...its all done 2 what a child likes

my daughter is 8 loves nemo,loves thunder mountain and star tours and phantom manor but hates tram tours,amageddon and i could never convince her of tot or space mountain SO I GUESS WEATHER YOUR TALL ENOUGH OR NOT its the childs choice and how they feel......2 b honest i aint done TOt or ROCK ROLLER COASTER yet cause i'm not brave enough......so each 2 their own i say everybody is different
.......just enjoy!
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

jeakat24

I have to say that I see both sides, of the original comment about kids vs couples and about the age of your child on rides.

I was always tall for my age (completly the reverse now, I think I stopped growing at 12!) yet my parents wouldn't let me on the roller coasters at Thorpe Park and Chessington, which, in my situation, was a very good thing and I completely agree with their choice looking back now because I know me, and if I'd have tried them then I would have been too scared to ride them in future instead of being the thrill freak I am now!

I'm certainly not saying you're wrong littlemermaid83, you know your own child better than anyone, and if you think that's the responcible thing to do then do it.

I can also see the point of the person (sorry can't remember who it was) who commented on people with pushchairs. Obviously I can't talk for this person so I'm not going to say that he/she meant all people with buggies or not. However, I can relate to this as a very small percentage of people (and I mean small) with push chairs think it is there god given right to push it anywhere they want and expect people to leap out of the way!
I've had my legs cut and bruised by a mother using her childs buggy (with the child in it) as a battering ram to get onto the shuttle bus at the Cheyenne,  :evil:  but I'm sure no parent on this forum would ever dream of using their child as a weapon.

I don't have kids and my fiance and I love going to Disneyland by ourselves, so do many others. In fact I read an article a few years ago about a couple in their 80's who have gone to a Disney resort every year for forty years. They first went by themselves, then they had children, then they took their grandchildren and now they go by themselves or all in a big group. I think that's a lovely story!

My grandparents went regularly, and I think I get my passion for Disney from my nan, even though I never had the pleasure of meeting her or my grandfather. My dad recalls being dragged to the cinema to see the Jungle Book when it first came out (he was about 19 and a mod, so it was seriously uncool in his words) just because my nan refused to see it by herself but desperately wanted to go! Now, for me, that is what Disney is all about, magic, whatever your age!!

Sorry this post has turned epic now!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

loladelorean

Quote from: "jeakat24"I don't have kids and my fiance and I love going to Disneyland by ourselves, so do many others. In fact I read an article a few years ago about a couple in their 80's who have gone to a Disney resort every year for forty years. They first went by themselves, then they had children, then they took their grandchildren and now they go by themselves or all in a big group. I think that's a lovely story!

My grandparents went regularly, and I think I get my passion for Disney from my nan, even though I never had the pleasure of meeting her or my grandfather. My dad recalls being dragged to the cinema to see the Jungle Book when it first came out (he was about 19 and a mod, so it was seriously uncool in his words) just because my nan refused to see it by herself but desperately wanted to go! Now, for me, that is what Disney is all about, magic, whatever your age!!

Sorry this post has turned epic now!

I love this story about your nan! Brings a wee smile to my face sitting down to do some crap uni work on a miserable day, so thank you. I absolutely agree that Disney is for anyone, of any age.
When we went to Florida in 2000 it was my parents, my sister and I, my aunt and uncle and my 2 cousins. All of us were super excited except my uncle, a serious businessman who made it clear he thought it was all a load of commercial rubbish and he was only doing it for the sake of his daughters.
I still remember his face as we entered the Magic Kingdom! He kept saying he couldnt believe it, the scale, the feeling. And when he spotted Donald Duck he ran up for a photo - apparently he was crazy about Donald as a wee boy and being there brought it all back. He, along with the rest of us, had a huge smile on his face throughout the rest of the visit and couldnt wait to return 3 years later!
Because of this I really do feel that it's impossible for anyone to be immune to the Disney magic. That's why I find it hard to understand the person who wrote the original twitter quoted here - of course, they are entitled to their opinion....I just don't get it. lol.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

jeakat24

Great story loladelorean!

My friend said the first time she went to WDW she was 10 and loved it, the second time she was 13, and even she says she would have a much better time going now at 21 because at that age she was firmly in the phase of "oh this is so uncool" and wouldn't pose with the characters or join in with anything but the fast rides.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge