The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010)

Started by peep, September 12, 2009, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Couldn't find a topic on here for this film yet (though I swear I saw it mentioned somewhere before).

I found a picture on Cinematical from the D23 Expo of a Chinese dragon prop from the film with a board next to it with a new logo for the film. It seems odd that they would have this at the expo as hardly anything is known about this film at the moment.

Source

EDIT: Lol, just spotted an article on their website regarding Nic Cage's involvement with the film.

QuoteOne of the odder moments during this morning's Walt Disney Studios presentation at D23 didn't involve Johnny Depp dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow. No, it involved Nicolas Cage (with brand-new hair and a sharp little goatee) talking about The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which he's starring in as well as producing. Apparently he watches Fantasia every year, calling it "the most beautiful movie ever made" and he had the idea to pull out Mickey's Sorcerer's Apprentice portion and make it into a modern day film.

However, things went a bit ... goofy when he was asked what it was like to produce the movie. He explained that 9/11 really puts his movie into perspective: "A day like September 11th kind of puts into focus everything that I want to accomplish as a producer. I make films for the children. When times get tough it is increasingly important that we put a smile on faces all over world and entertain the entire family and I think that's what The Sorcerer's Apprentice was all about."

So, there you go.

Umm, that doesn't really make much sense to me :P

Source
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

The Butlin Boy

Trailer's online now. It doesn't actually look all that bad really, I didn't have very high hope for this, and I'm still not sure how well it will do, but I do actually think that it could turn out to be a pretty good film :)

By the way, look out for the obvious Fantasia/Mickey Mouse version reference in there, I'll be disappointed if you miss it! :P

luke85

I havent really seen or heard much about this film until today. That trailer was not what I expected at all, I imagined the film being set in an older time, not modern day.

I'm not sure about this one just yet, but I'm open minded to see another trailer when it comes out.

-breeno-

Just watched the trailer.  Very interesting I must say, not sure how good the actual movie will be though, could be great, could be poor.  Hopefully it'll be good though :)

Oh and Butlin, i have failed you :oops: :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Oh and Butlin, i have failed you :oops: :P

:P  :wink:

-breeno-

..I see :P

*note to self - watch Fantastia again, especially before this new movie is released*
- Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"..I see :P

*note to self - watch Fantastia again, especially before this new movie is released*

Ok, watch this:

[youtube:6pzy76nt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-7Qar1lFjo&feature=related[/youtube:6pzy76nt]

...and then watch the trailer again:

[youtube:6pzy76nt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhKvNn7WLKg[/youtube:6pzy76nt]

[spoiler:6pzy76nt]...focusing around the 2:13/2:15 mark :wink:[/spoiler:6pzy76nt]

-breeno-

After watching the two videos, all i can say now is..

[spoiler:1bxpat2p]I. AM. BLIND. :P :lol:[/spoiler:1bxpat2p]
- Walt Disney

peep

Ha, Breeno fails :P

I think the trailer looks amazing, defo one to keep an eye on.

Also, I watched it HERE which seems to be some mega HD version for press. Looks lush in HD :D
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Masamune

o.o Hm...it seems like a bit of a weird concept if you ask me. :) We'll see though.

burntsienna

I love how they've shown a clip of the Apprentice 'battling' with the mops!  :mrgreen: I'm quite excited to see the film. =]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

dagobert

I like the trailer and can't wait to see the movie.

I think the next years will be very exciting in terms of Disney movies, for example The Princess and the Frog, Toy Story 3, Pirates 4, National Treasure 3 and Alice in Wonderland.

pussinboots

I'm sorry, but it looks a little bit stupid, haha.

Is the whole movie going to be like this?

- Nicholas Cage attempts to act like Mr Miyagi.
- Cool, Mac-style kid with lots of hair gel in hair raises one eyebrow in manner of cool young person: "Dude! Are you kidding?"
- Nicholas Cage does mad-but-likable Jack Sparrow impression.

Honestly.

never2old

Quote from: "pussinboots"I'm sorry, but it looks a little bit stupid, haha.

Is the whole movie going to be like this?

- Nicholas Cage attempts to act like Mr Miyagi.
- Cool, Mac-style kid with lots of hair gel in hair raises one eyebrow in manner of cool young person: "Dude! Are you kidding?"
- Nicholas Cage does mad-but-likable Jack Sparrow impression.

Honestly.

:lol:  :lol: