No more early morning swimming at Disney Hotels

Started by CGM12345, August 04, 2009, 01:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CGM12345

QuoteAccording to several reports we recieved one of these cost cutting measures has hit the pools at least of Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch and Disney's Hotel New York which no longer open at 7.00 am (as they used too) but only at 3.00 pm – in other words: one complete shift per day of CMs to operate and supervise the pools has been cut off the schedule. The downside for guests: no chance fpr a few lap before the breakfast to start the morning refreshed. Considering the often criticized pricing of the Disney Hotels cutting back on the amenities of the Disney Hotels seems a risky move not really intended to improve guest experience.

www.dlp.info

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "CGM12345"
QuoteAccording to several reports we recieved one of these cost cutting measures has hit the pools at least of Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch and Disney's Hotel New York which no longer open at 7.00 am (as they used too) but only at 3.00 pm – in other words: one complete shift per day of CMs to operate and supervise the pools has been cut off the schedule. The downside for guests: no chance fpr a few lap before the breakfast to start the morning refreshed. Considering the often criticized pricing of the Disney Hotels cutting back on the amenities of the Disney Hotels seems a risky move not really intended to improve guest experience.

http://www.dlp.info

Yep both the HNY and NBC hotels had the pools closed until 3.00 pm during my recent visit. The funny thing is I never normally take my swimming gear but on this occasion I did...and because of the late opening I still didn't get to use the pool :(

David

king_spoon_ian

Same here at the Newport Bay - really annoyed by this. It wasn't advertised when we booked that they'd only be open for such limited hours. Wonder if there's a case for false advertising? :^o

Ben!

Argh seriously? that's annoying ><, I'm going to Davy crockett ranch this Sunday, and I love swimming! Gahh

Tinkerbelle

how annoying!!!!
being these days quite hot in Paris I bet a lot of guests were complaining about this. We didn't have the pool at Santa Fe of course, but i'm glad we didn't book any of the other higher level hotels. we couldn't have used the pools at all, specially if they close anywhere before 11PM (which I don't know).

_Natalie_x

I stayed in the Sequoia Lodge this August and swimming there is open from 3-10pm I think. :(
tis a shame because we couldnt go in the mornings when we wanted, and the afternoon was so busy because obviously everyone's trying to get their swimming time at the same time.    :?
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

arno-hh

Is this only in high season and now you can swim in the morning or is it now standard in off season too?

Anthony

I'd imagine it's a new policy for all seasons.

If they were going to open in the morning at all, it'd be during high season.