RnRCj's trip report: 2 - 4 September 2009

Started by RnRCj, September 06, 2009, 02:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

@Aveen. Why not take a look at their London menu http://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/menus/mainmenu.asp from what I remember its fairly similar pricing, and again not expensive for the amount of food you get. Honestly I dont know were everyone else eats out if they think it is expensive, I've love to know, it might save me money  :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

never2old

Thank you for that great report RnRCj! And some beautiful pictures there, thanks  :D

Anthony

Great report! Visited just a few days earlier and think I had a very different experience - well, great maintenance and from the look of it better weather. Hopefully the things that had stopped working were for a reason.

Quote from: "RnRCj"The bellhops were entertaining (though not quite as good as the original bellhop team I feel).
Yeah, I only really saw them being "creepy" when doing the lift spiel, but that was actually a positive for me because I found some earlier CMs mistook "creepy" for unfriendly or sleazy, in a rather typically French way.

Quote from: "RnRCj"I rode it 26 times. :mrgreen:
Whoa. I can barely manage twice.

Quote from: "RnRCj"Over at Cars, half of the cars were sleeping. I decided not to disturb them.
Yeah, what's up with that? Been like it for at least two weeks now! (visited Wednesday 26th Aug too) Is it really broken for this long, or are they trying to save on one CM? Hmm? Surely Zamperla are easy to reach, what with them building most of TSPL.

Quote from: "RnRCj"During Extra Magic Hours, all Main Street vehicles were operating! I took my first ever ride on the horse-drawn streetcars and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Same here, first time!! Loved it.

Quote from: "RnRCj"Buzz Lightyear was fun, but I still don't like it's location.
Yes, aside from any huge thematic complications, there was a reason the old Le Visionarium entrance was further around, out of the way. The path into Discoveryland is always crammed now.

Quote from: "RnRCj"Pirates was in great condition when I rode it. I didn't see one broken AA throughout the whole attraction. The swordfighters were still a little further apart than they should be, but other than that, no major problems.
Ditto! I think the only thing was still the chain at the side of the lift hill not working.

Quote from: "RnRCj"In the castle there was a glass-blower who looked like a James Bond villain. Very cool!
He's been there years! Never noticed the Bond connection before... haha.

Quote from: "RnRCj"I noticed that Captain Hook's ship in Adventureland is in desperate need of a refurbishment. It was closed off to guests and the paint was very faded.
Oh yes, absolutely agree. The red should really POP, this is the best photo I can find: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/memorabilia/im ... _08_01.jpg

Quote from: "RnRCj"Okay, you're probably wondering by now whether I actually had any fun at Disneyland...
Of course you did! You're just a mad, crazy DLP fan. These are the things we love.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"Great report! Visited just a few days earlier and think I had a very different experience - well, great maintenance and from the look of it better weather. Hopefully the things that had stopped working were for a reason.
I think it was all the waterfalls being turned off that annoyed me. If it's for maintenance though, I'm fine with that.

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Pirates was in great condition when I rode it. I didn't see one broken AA throughout the whole attraction. The swordfighters were still a little further apart than they should be, but other than that, no major problems.
Ditto! I think the only thing was still the chain at the side of the lift hill not working.
Cool - didn't know about the chain! One more thing to check next time I go. :P

Quote from: "RnRCj"In the castle there was a glass-blower who looked like a James Bond villain. Very cool!
He's been there years! Never noticed the Bond connection before... haha.
Oh... well I've never seen him before so to me he is brand new. 8)

Quote from: "RnRCj"Okay, you're probably wondering by now whether I actually had any fun at Disneyland...
Of course you did! You're just a mad, crazy DLP fan. These are the things we love.
I think that's one of the things that always makes me want to go back - that there will always be a different selection of working effects every time!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"

See what I did there?

Very clever, but you missed a few others though :wink:

Great trip report Jay, I've really enjoyed reading through it. You're photos and report aren't that bad either :wink:

I'm glad you had a great time :)

luke85

Very nice report, and I like what you did to the castle, a VAST improvement in my opinion!

loladelorean

Thanks for posting this report. We are going to the Hotel New York in 2 weeks time, I hope the breakfast is better. May I ask why you were eating in the Convention Centre, I thought breakfast was served in the Parkside Diner?
I was devastated to learn that the RnRC will be closed for the entire duration of my stay, I have never been on the one in Paris. It was absolutely my favourite ride in Orlando and I couldnt wait to go on the Paris one.
I'm glad to see that there was a wee bit of entertainment going in the HNY and also the band inside the gates, really hope we can catch a few things like that....since we will be avoiding Dance Time with Stitch by all accounts.
Good to see whats going on around the park in your photos (which arent that bad by the way, i really like the one with its a small world in the distance) - I'm sure I'll be checking carefully to see if any of these mistakes are fixed when I get there.
Thanks again!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

RnRCj

Quote from: "loladelorean"Thanks for posting this report. We are going to the Hotel New York in 2 weeks time, I hope the breakfast is better. May I ask why you were eating in the Convention Centre, I thought breakfast was served in the Parkside Diner?
That's because the Parkside Diner is in refurbishment. :wink:  I peeked through the window and all the tables and chairs were ripped out. Not sure when it will be finished.

Nala_84

Aww RnRCj, your report sounds sooo negative :(!

But thank you anyways, I especially love the pic of NPBC, it's amazing :)! And wow, is that a new record - 26 times on RnRC?  :shock: Well done!!  =D>
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

loladelorean

Quote from: "RnRCj"That's because the Parkside Diner is in refurbishment. :wink:  I peeked through the window and all the tables and chairs were ripped out. Not sure when it will be finished.

ah this is bad news, wonder whether it will be open by the 21st - do you think its worth calling the hotel to find out?
i dont suppose there are any other alternatives besides the convention centre? i think i read somewhere that hotel guests can have breakfast in the park instead of at the hotel, does anyone know anything about this?
thanks for the reply RnRCj :)
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

RnRCj

Quote from: "Nala_84"Aww RnRCj, your report sounds sooo negative :(!
Believe me, I was more than satisfied with the trip solely because of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster being in such a good condition. :P  

I honestly did have a good time overall though, it just seemed that for every good thing I spotted there was a bad thing somewhere else. I don't like to pretend problems don't exist at the resort because they do. If everyone ignores them they won't get solved.