Photos Magiques DLP news report: 24-26 July 2009

Started by Kristof, July 27, 2009, 01:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques DLP news report: 24-26 July 2009

Disneyland Park

Main Street Brass Band

The Brass Band on Town Square performed Saturday and Sunday several times around noon.  City Hall didn't have any information regarding the schedule.

Discovery Arcade

The former Renault & Opel showcase in Discovery Arcade which sat empty for months, has been updated with a scale model of the Ferris Wheel designed for the 1893 World Fair in Chicago.

Finished refurbishments

A few refurbishments have been finished.  Scaffolding has come down at Plaza Gardens and Bureau Passeport Annuel, and construction fences are removed at the bridge connection Pirates of the Caribbean and Adventure Isle.

Town Square Photography

The Kodak digital camera's are now displayed on the shop's counter, instead of in the glass showcase which has been closed up.  

Fake Tree

The fake tree on the Sleeping Beauty Castle hill has been removed!

Adventureland Bazaar restrooms

New hand dryers designed by Dyson have recently been installed at the Adventureland Bazaar restrooms.  These restrooms are often used to experiment with new equipment.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Television Tour Building refurbishment

A few photos of the Television Tour building being refurbished/repainted.

Disney Blockbuster Café

A ripped sails, a ship's steering wheel and wooden railing have been added to the Pirates of the Caribbean room at Blockbuster Café, which still remains "under construction".  Basketball related toys and props have been placed inside the old paint cabinets, located in front of the cash registers.

Toy Story Playland

A peak over the construction fences shows the Toon Studio gate that used to be located next the Costuming Building has been moved all the way to the back of the construction site.

High School Musical characters

Mickey and Minnie were spotted on Place des Stars in High School Musical uniforms.

Disney Village

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

A statue of Mickey Mouse has been added to the façade of the Wild West show...

New Disney Village train

A new train replaces the former stripped Minnie Train that circles Lake Disney.

Disney Hotels

Disney's Hotel New York

The Rockefeller Plaza building, recently used as an arcade, has been converted into a counter service kiosk selling soft drinks and snacks like pizza's and salads.

Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch

Guests can now roll inside a giant inflatable ball of a hill near Davy Crockett Ranch's The Village.

smurfy74

Like,like,like,like,like,like,like,like,like,like,like it all. Plaza gardens looks amazing, thanks for the update  :D  :D

I even like the Mickey pointy at the wild west show, I think it blends in quite well

peep

Patrick and I noticed that new ferris wheel window but wasn't too sure if it was new or not.

Glad to see the band was out even more at the weekend too. We noticed them in Front lot at the Studios on (I think) Wednesday (or was it the Thursday? :P) around 3/4pm too.

Didn't see the HSM props in the cages inside Blockbuster Cafe, shows how much this park changes within a day or two :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

-breeno-

Great trip report Kristof :D

The mickey statue at Buffalo Bills though :sick:  Don't like it at all.  It's not needed to be honest.  Seems now mickey will be a permanent thing in the show, shame :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

bigrossco

sorry but EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

the buffalo bills signage looks to tackey and cheap

Me feels a new petition to come!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

The Main Street Band look truly fantastic. Love the colours of those costumes. It gives the park such a grandness and a... I can't think of the word... sincerity? It just validates the whole thing, makes it real. Not just an elaborate alley of shops or a cash-in.

Quote from: "Kristof"City Hall didn't have any information regarding the schedule.
](*,) Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Aside from that, looks like good and sometimes great news across the board! The Rockefeller Plaza café looks brilliant, and the ferris wheel was a great choice for the arcade - presuming it wasn't there already before the car sponsorship? What was in the old Renault/Opel window then?

Surprisingly I don't absolutely detest the Mickey outside Buffalo Bill's, it's certainly a damn sight more imaginative than the crappy poster they added in April. It does make the whole thing scarily permanent though, as breeno says.

I'm still really not a fan of that train around Lake Disney... This is Disneyland Paris, not Benodet or some other French seaside town. Oh, Mickey and Minnie in HSM gear is quite nice too, preferable to their horrible original WDS costumes, though it does smell suspiciously like a way to sell more of that merchandise...

Merci for the report. :)

Barnsey313

Great to hear the Rockefeller has been made into something more attractive + useful.  Looking forward to popping in for a nice cold coke at night/evening  :D
 Also good to hear the rather oddly themed 'minnie' train has been redesigned but it'd have to be free to stop me walking  :P
 Love these news reports, thanks!

littlemermaid83

Thanks for the update  :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Javey74

Some interesting improvements there in another great update Kristof..  =D>  =D>  =D>

The Butlin Boy

An all round good report there Kristof, and I can't really complain about any thing; The Marching Band is fantastic, the window display is brilliant, the refurbishments are looking great, The Rockefeller Plaza building is fantastic, even the new Mickey and Minnie HSM costumes and the Mickey at Buffalo Bills are that bad to be honest. The only thing that I'm unsure about/don't really like is the horribly cheap looking DV land train :?

Thanks for the update Kristof, I hope you had a great trip :wink:

Aveen2008

Thanks for the update and sharing the photos Kristof! :D/

I love Mickey and Minnie in the HSM outfits (even though I don't like HSM) :P

I really think the Disney blockbuster cafe is odd - mixing HSM and POTC together.. I think the POTC room looks like it maybe really good though! I hope so anyway! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Annet

I like the HSM outfits! Even though I don't like HSM that much at all...

And I've never seen Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, so I can't complain about Mickey's presence there. But I like the statue hanging there.

DisneyMichelle

Excellent report! Thank you!

as a commited Davy Crockett fan i am rather excited to try the Rolling Balls! However we are visiting over New Years Eve so im not sure if they will be in operation that time of year. :( booooo!!!!
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the great update with some great photos and exciting developments.

I'm happy to see Plaza Gardens in such a beautiful state, to see that the fake tree has left and actually almost everything in the report...

I need a bit more time to think about the Mickey at Buffalo Bill's - perhaps I will have to wait and see it myself in october before I am able to say exactly how I feel about it.

The train around Lake Disney is just unnecessary and un-disney - let's get rid of it.

Thanks again.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

15yearsofMagic2008

Thanks for the update !   :D  :D

That Mickey Statue does look OK , but it DOES make Buffalo Bill's trademark sign look tacky . But the Mickey Statue makes it add up because mickey is in the show . Because if there was no statue there , it would just look dumb and stupid x   :^o
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro