Favourite park decorations

Started by RockNRoller, September 22, 2009, 06:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Just been watching some old footage from 2004 and then came on line to catch up and strikes me that you either love or hate Disney decorations, so I thought I'd ask the question, what do you like the best? Is it from the 15th, Mickeys birthday, Christmas, Halloween or some other time.

I'd like to put in a vote for the Christmas season Main Street Arches and also that little Santa coat they put on socerer Mickey in the Studio's, Im sure they used to put coats on the bromms with buckets too, any one else
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

davewasbaloo

Hard call. I used to adore the Lights of Winter Arches (I don't like the Chandelliers). I also really like Halloween, especially when they used to have the giant pumpkin in the central plaza.

The 15th was tasteful, especially on the castle (though I would like it back to normal now).

I hated MMP, Toon Circus, and the Jester Castle however. And I really do not like the chandelliers.

So my vote goes to Xmas pre chandelliers or Halloween for joint tie.
since 2001 (many before that)

Tuvok

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Just been watching some old footage from 2004 and then came on line to catch up and strikes me that you either love or hate Disney decorations, so I thought I'd ask the question, what do you like the best? Is it from the 15th, Mickeys birthday, Christmas, Halloween or some other time.

I'd like to put in a vote for the Christmas season Main Street Arches and also that little Santa coat they put on socerer Mickey in the Studio's, Im sure they used to put coats on the bromms with buckets too, any one else

Interesting topic. I never saw the 'Santa coat' for the Studios, though.
Unlike the previous posts, I actualy hated those Main Street Arches. It totally blocks the view of the castle when you're entering the park. Love the 'chandelliers' (guess this refers to the banner poles with the crown on it?). Can't wait to see them live during my next trip in november.

We've been to Disneyland mostly during the Halloween season, so naturally I like those decoractions. The blue LED banners in Main Street during the first year of the 15th anniversary theme were stunning. Hope they do this effect again for the 20th.

I realy hope that the Studios will be getting more decorations during special season periods, like Halloween and Christmas. Disneyland Park during Christmas is just so beautiful with all the lights turned on.
I also like the golden Mickey ears on the castle. Very subtile and a nice Disney touch.

At the end, I will choose the Christmas season (starting from the 15th anniversary year) as my favorite decorated period.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

My favorite park decoration was the Christmas Decoration 2006. The 15th birthday decoration was also very nice.

I have never been to DLRP during Halloween time, so I don't know what it looks like. Judging from pictures, the Disneyland Park looks really great.

pussinboots

I despise the Halloween stuff, it epitomizes the lack of talent present within the Entertainment's fiberglass sculptors department.

Christmas however they've always done a wonderful job on. I did love the arches... Nothing, nothing compares to the Tree Lighting Ceremony with the arches and the original music. Yup, that's my favorite decoration.

And I like the Christmas decorations of the Disneyland Hotel. Quite stylish.

Timbo

I did like the arches , they were the most spectacular of all the decorations ! But understand why they changed them , as they blocked the view for so many people ! I don't mind the chandeliers ,but they aren't as festive !
I hate the Halloween decorations though! and the 5th year Castle (Hunchback) was just tacky ! much as I loved the film , the decorations weren't very good !
The 15th decorations were  good , tasteful and not too intrusive .
Do they reuse the Main Street arches anywhere else in the resort , thought they had put them somewhere else , or that might just be my mind wishing it !!!!

jeakat24

I have to go with the trend and say 15th celebration and Halloween.
Not only were the 15th celebration decorations tasteful but they also incorporated key colours from the park, so that when the express train paeked in front of the castle the gold and blue matched the roof and turrets and didn't stick out like a sore thumb!

I love all the Halloween Decorations, yes some of the fibreglass designs are a bit tacky but so is Halloween in general!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

MinnieMouse

I love the christmas decorations, is the best time to visit the parc.