never2old's trip 21-23 June

Started by never2old, June 25, 2009, 09:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Great trip report, I am glad you had such a good time.
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

Thanks TBB and davewasbaloo!

I wonder when they'll fix that sail, it's been like that for months and months now!!!

Here's another set of pics. After POTC, we had a walk around Fantasyland (but queues everywhere, even to go into the labyrinth!)

Very confused weathervane

This guy was coming out, but there was no steam from the teapot

And the Old Mill was working! This was the first time I have seen the mill turning!!

You can see the Hidden Mickey in SM from Fantasyland very well:

We took the train in the Fantasyland station (not only was there almost no queue here, but the train came empty!!) and headed to Main Street, just in time for Minnie's train:

I have to say, Minnie's voice does get pretty annoying after a while...

Quick look around Kitty Hawk's Bicycle Shop (named after the shop where the Wright Brothers invented the plane)

I had never noticed the sign before. It's all these little details that I really love about DLP...

And quick look around the Emporium. My favourite glass ceiling

It was almost time for the Mickey's Party Time show, so we headed towards the Castle. Despite the decorations, it's still the most beautiful castle ever... and with the flowers it looks even better!

RnRCj

Thanks for the report never2old.  You've taken some lovely pictures! :)

Nice to see things around the park being better maintained. The labyrinth looks great, as do the flowers on the castle! The tear in the Pirates sail probably won't be fixed for a while, I guess they'll have to make a whole new sail for it. But it almost looks like it supposed to be like that, so it's not too bad!!

I'd also like to thank you for confirming that the old mill wings are turning again! It's certainly been a while since we've seen that. :D/

never2old

Thanks  :)

It was really a surprise to see the Old Mill working, I really hope they keep bringing all these effects back (though on Tuesday it seemed to have stopped again  :roll: ).

Another set of pictures. It's Party Time!!

If you want to see some more, I have loaded a few to a facebook album here

DLP-Photos.com

A great report and some amazing photos as usual!

Thanks for sharing it and I too am really excited to hear that the Old Mill was working - great with all these details working again, hopefully the will fix the POTC sail sooner or later.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

Thanks Nicolai  :D

I'll try to finish the first day in one more post...

After Party Time, we went for lunch in Walt's (it was going to be closed Monday and Tuesday, so didn't want to miss our chance). It was surprisingly quiet (and almost empty by the time we left it) We were seated in the Fantasyland area, my first time there  :D

After lunch we decided to go back to the hotel and get our room (and avoid having to queue for it in the evening)

On the way to the Newport Bay:

And after getting the room and a little rest, waiting for the bus

We went for a look around WDS

And headed straight for ToT. It was getting close to closing time, so queues were not too bad. I think we had about 20 minutes. All worth it of course!! It felt like AGES since I'd done ToT (hadn't been on it on my last two visits), and it's such a brilliant ride!!

And back to Disneyland... It was getting darker, so we took some pictures (notice the torches were working in Adventureland and Frontierland), did POTC, PM and BTM, before it was time to leave for the night....

Love the light in this picture:

And on this one

Frontierland

Magical

And that was our first day!! We got some sandwhiches from Starbucks (and a cake from Main Street) and had dinner in the room, before collapsing and sleeping very well indeed!!

The Butlin Boy

I am really loving looking at your photos N2O, I cannot wait to see the rest of them :)

I'm glad you had a great trip :P

dagobert

Again, great pictures!! It looks like you had a lot of fun, dispite getting ill!!

never2old

Thanks guys  :D  And to be honest, I'm really glad I didn't get more ill while we were there - I've been off sick since we came back, and though I am feeling better my throat is still very painful... So it's good that the cold only appeared at the end, and not sooner...

Second day in pics!!

We got to the park around 8:30, went straight to Peter Pan and had a couple of goes there (it was really wonderful, it wasn't going too fast, I could see a few cars moving in London( (though I think there were more before, but anyway), and at that time it was empty, so we could go in twice without any queuing.

Fantasyland was looking gorgeous Monday morning:

Cinderella's fountain was working:

And not everyone dislikes the Mickeys on the Castle:

After that, we headed to Discoveryland, for a couple of goes in Buzz (but the queues were starting to form here, second time we had about 10 minutes wait) and then Space Mountain. As I said, it was my first time with contacts in it, and whoa!! First time I could see what's in there... Loved it. Plus we were in the first row of the train, even better!!

When the park opened, we headed straight for POTC (I really lost count of how many times we did it), enjoyed the greenery and calm of Adventureland, and headed towards Frontierland for some BTM fastpasses and a visit to PM

Never noticed this sign before

Heading out towards WDS via the Liberty Arcade, wondered how this happened....

In the Studios the queues were building up. We managed to go on ToT (25 minutes wait). The Rose Garden was looking particularly beautiful:

Then off to Animagique

Hidden Mickeys in Animagique

After a rather dissapointing lunch in the Restaurant des Stars (no Remy, and too noisy), we headed back towards DLP, got fastpasses for BTM (19:30), watched the OUADP (but not fully, thinking that we would see it properly on Tuesday before leaving), had a look in the Main Street shops before going back to WDS.

Next part coming up soon!

never2old

And the last part of Monday's pics

Back to WDS, noticed some more Hidden Mickeys

The queues in TOT were bad again (about 30 minutes) but RNRC was saying 10 minutes... So no excuses!

Very fast, very exhilarating, though not too smokey... Still, very enjoyable. This is the ride that scares me the most, I confess, but I think I'm starting to get over it, and to really enjoy it...

After a walk around the Studios we headed for a drink in La Terrase, before getting our places for the Stars 'n' Cars.

We got there about 18h, 30 minutes before the start, and got places in front of the stage. Of course by the time the show started quite a few parents had pushed their kids in front of us (and not always asking nicely  :roll: ).

By the way, my husband took these pictures, I was busy with the video camera pretending to film the show (but forgetting to press the Record button until halfway in...  ](*,) )

After the show we headed back to DLP intending to use our fastpasses in BTM, but the trains were stopped... We went into Phantom Manor to make some time, but when we got out the trains were still stopped (there were some CM by a train talking with the people there, but no evacuation going on yet), it was almost 20:00, so we decided to forget about our fastpasses and went for POTC, which was empty and we could do twice in a row (didn't even need to leave our boat  :) ).

That evening we had dinner in the Yacht Club, it was very yummy (although the salmon I had was on the slightly dry side). The restaurant was on the busy (and noisy) side overall, but we were sitting in a quieter area so it was quite pleasant... Though we could hear a few tables away from us, a kid was watching a portable DVD player without any headphones or anything  :roll: , I'm sorry but I find it very rude first to make your kid watch a movie while you're eating in a restaurant, but then to just let him watch it like that, with no headphones,  playing loudly??? I find that very inconsiderate for everyone around you.

But anyway, some rude people aside, the meal was very pleasant, and again after an exhausting day (and the very very long walk back to your room) we slept very well indeed...

Last day coming up soon!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "never2old"Fantasyland was looking gorgeous Monday morning:

Oh wow! Your photos are so beautiful N20, thank you so much for posting them :)

never2old

Thanks Butlin Boy  :oops:

Aveen2008

wow even more fantastic photos! I love the flowers on the castle or shubbery lol.
may I ask what camera you use?? I am majorly impressed with your photosof MMP and stars n' cars! =D>  =D>  =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

never2old

Quote from: "Aveen2008"wow even more fantastic photos! I love the flowers on the castle or shubbery lol.
may I ask what camera you use?? I am majorly impressed with your photosof MMP and stars n' cars! =D>  =D>  =D>

Thanks Aveen  :D

We have three cameras...  :roll:

The MMP ones were taken with a Canon (EOS 450D, it was my birthday present  :) ). The Stars 'n' Cars were my husbands', he uses a Kodak one (Z710), and finally I also have a compact one, an Olympus 1030SW (most of the pictures from Monday are from this camera)...

Aveen2008

wow 3 cameras! hehe you are busy! :P

thanks for letting me know hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo