All park restaurants now non-smoking!

Started by Anthony, April 13, 2006, 03:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

From Disneyland Resort Paris:

Smoke Free Restaurants in both Disney Parks from 1st April

As of April 1st 2006 all restaurants in both Disney Parks will be smoke free.

Outside of the Disney Parks

Restaurants with smoking and non-smoking areas include;

* 'The Steakhouse' at Planet Hollywood in Disney® Village
    * All Hotel bars have smoking areas except in the 'Fisherman Bar' (Disney's Newport Bay Club®) and 'The Saloon' (Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®)

Good news, don't you think? I never saw anyone smoking in queue lines whilst I was there last weekend, either.  Maybe people are finally getting the message? :D

Nala_84

Yay, that's great news!!! :)

That was typcially for Europe that smoking was allowed that long even in theme parks where so many children are--it's just coz' of the money  :x

I also did never see anyone smoking in the queue, but the prohibition can really be seen as a sign of change :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Good that they are gonna do that

Owain

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Good that they are gonna do that
:P "Do that", WaltDisneyFanBoy, dont you check dates on the topics you post in. This is from April 2006.

Kristof

WaltDisneyFanBoy this is the second time I have to give you a warning.  Read our magicforum rules here:

viewtopic.php?t=1032

Parkfisch

In France ( and not only at Disney ) there will be no smoking in any kinds of restaurants and bars, starting in 2008.

Is there still any restaurant or café with smoking areas ? Hurricanes ? Planet Hollywood ?

I noticed that McDonald's and Rainforest Café where smokefree in July 2007. In 2003 ( my last visit ) it was allowed to smoke there.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Good that they are gonna do that
:P "Do that", WaltDisneyFanBoy, dont you check dates on the topics you post in. This is from April 2006.
OOPS. Did not even notice that, sorry :oops:

Nicholas-c

great news, i hate smoking (sorry if i offend anyone but meh) i wish they would enforce it in queues aswell
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

britje

Oh I totally agree on that one :) I think it would be great if they would be able to make sure there is no smoking in the lines

People are rather careless with their sigarettes anyway and just turn around waving it in whatever direction... You are just to close to one another in the lines for it not to bother other people
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I\'ll take my chances with the public" - Walt Disney

Parkfisch

First Disney should remove the Trashcans with the ashtrays inside. It's a good idea in general, but not for the queues, where smoking is not allowed. And there should be more signs that tell people e.g. at the "Big Thunder Mountain - House" that smoking is not permitted.

meteor75

Sorry for posting in this old topic, but since the full French smoking ban has come in effect since January 1st, 2008, it is worth mentioning that the latest enclosed smoking areas are now a thing of the past: the Hurricanes night club, the bars at the hotels, the one at the Steakhouse, etc. are now 100% smoke-free.

And finally, Disney has begun to remove the ashtrays in the trashcans located in the areas where smoking is not permitted, by covering the former holes with metal plates. Actually, according to the new French law, displaying an ashtray where smoking is forbidden is liable to a fine of 750€! Imagine the fine Disney would have to pay for each illegal trashcan!

stawes

Where can you smoke now?

meteor75

In France or in the resort?

In France:
- outside only
- indoors: only in special "small hermetically sealed rooms with air-extraction system" where no service can be provided (but very few places have those rooms, way to expensive to create).

In the resort :
- outside (only in open air). Note that smoking is not permitted in any attraction or show waiting line, even if in open air.
- in your hotel room, providing of course that your room has been reserved as a smoking one!

stawes

In the resort

Parkfisch

What about the ashtrays in the outside areas of waiting lines? There's no law! Are there still these trashcans for smokers?