Adventure Isle

Started by Magic M, May 30, 2009, 11:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

This is just a quick (but big) thank you to Anthony and Kristof for their excellent photo album of Adventure Isle.

I am a huge fan of this part of DLP because its a totally "free" adventure.  There are no queues and no set route - its just up to you how much you explore!  The quality of the build is amazing - you feel like it had always been there - not contructed by Imagineers!

I was wondering if anyone had a high-quality image of the Adventure Isle map with all the locations written on it.  I was hoping to print this out and take it with me the next time I go exploring...

Thanks again guys!

MM

Kristof

Here's the link to the Adventure Isle photos:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... e_isle.php

:mrgreen:

luke85

Quote from: "Kristof"I'd like to remind that the Adventure Isle album was uploaded to Photos Magiques a few days ago:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... e_isle.php
Great photos Kristof! I always search the caves for the skeleton/treasure whenever I go to DLP, and to this day I have never found it  :cry: Me and my boyfriend spent ages in there last year and were going crazy as we kept ending up in the same place haha! I'm determined to find it one day!

Magic M

Thanks Alan - that Map was exactly what I was looking for!

Maarten

I'm still hoping that they will bring certain elements of the Pirates Lair overlay to Adventure Isle one day. It would fit perfectly and it would be a nice update to the area.

lil-shawn

QuoteI'm still hoping that they will bring certain elements of the Pirates Lair overlay to Adventure Isle one day. It would fit perfectly and it would be a nice update to the area.

i hope they will never do it, adventure island is great as it is right now...

Kristof

Quote from: "Maarten"I'm still hoping that they will bring certain elements of the Pirates Lair overlay to Adventure Isle one day. It would fit perfectly and it would be a nice update to the area.

I agree, it would only enhance the wonderful place Adventure Isle already is.  I didn't feel it was a POTC overkill at Tom Sawyer Island, so it would definately fit in here without standing out too much.  It's not because it's based on a movie, it's always bad...  :)

pussinboots

I think so too. Adventure Isle is among the best things Imagineering has done area-development-wise, but it does lack "payoffs," little effects or (as is needed nowadays) interactive experiences at the end of every tunnel and pathway. The Tom Sawyer Island gimmicks could easily be forked over.