Jack Sparrow face character?

Started by Kristof, April 04, 2006, 04:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aladdin

Quote from: "Kinou"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Is he coming out  at the Magic Kingdom's?

What? Captain is gay?

:arrow:  :roll:  :lol:

Yes Yes! he is  :oops:
Look
Trouble? No way. You\'re only in
trouble if you get caught  --------
----- I\'m in trouble!

Kristof

oh my god  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I just read that DLRP has confirmed he'll be coming out at Adventureland and not at the Studios.

Anthony

:o  :o  :o That's horrible!  I can never see that film in the same way again now!  :lol:

Adventureland, eh?  I guess that'll prepare us for the new animatronics next year.  I did like the idea of having him over at the studios instead though - it would be good to have DLP for the old, classic POTC and then WDS for the new, modern, movie POTC.

Whatever happened to those rumours of themeing parts of Adventure Isle to characters and locations from Curse of the Black Pearl?  Would they still do that now they're changing the actual ride instead?  We've got references to Davy Jones in those caves that from this summer people will associate with the new Bill Nighy character.

Patrick

Strangely I quite like the idea of Jack being in the Disneyland Park, he fits there and also I quite like the idea of him being near the attraction that first started the idea off.  Maybe that's just me.

PS nice photo :lol: , always thought they looked nice together :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink: .

flor

lol :d
I wonder if he should be at POTC all the time or may walk around whole Adventureland. And if he stands at POTC, are the other characters changing place too, since they come out at Colonel Hatchi's now.

Kinou

Others ECP sources on DCP are telling he will be replacing Jadis in the Studios... time will tell..
Hug it out bitch !

The Butlin Boy

He has arrived me harties!

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=691

Disneyana

Sorry but I don't like it that someoneelse then Johnny Depp is going to be this Chracter. Like Baloo has said before. Johnny Depp has created this Captain Jack Sparrow. He really is Jack Sparrow. So I Will not take a photo with a fake Jack Sparrow. I want the real one. They should engage Mr Depp for being Jack Sparrow for a while in DLP. Hey he lives in France, so then let him work at DLP.  :D  :lol:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

Quote from: "Disneyana"They should engage Mr Depp for being Jack Sparrow for a while in DLP. Hey he lives in France, so then let him work at DLP.  :D  :lol:
Haha, if only!  Image the extra guests DLRP would get from that! :o

I think this Jack Sparrow looks rather good though.  His costume is brilliant, spot on, and his beard and hair are perfect.  He has a good tan and even almost has the right face dimensions to look like Johnny.  He looks quite weird in some of the photos though, where the photographer has obviously said "pull a crazy Jack Sparrow face!" and the actor has got it wrong and just ends up looking rather demented.  He's a million times better than WDW's terrible attempt, anyway.  Does anyone know where I can find photos of DLR's character?  I remember reading they had quite a few good Depp lookalikes lined up, so it'd be good to see if they made it into the park.

Oh, and I thought this was very funny...

LOL!  :lol: "This is not a picture of Johnny Depp".  Really? I could never have guessed!  They must think the press are pretty stupid. :wink:

Disneyana

Yes sadly Mr Depp cannot do this job really. Oh how many crowds would that bring to DLP.  :shock:  :lol:  
Indeed this guy does not look too bad. He is not ugly and the costume and hairstyle is indeed great. But he only looks a little bit like Johnny Depp. But he really is recognisable as Jack Sparrow. But on some photos he looks very weird. I don't know. I'm curious to see how he will acts.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

We've also got to remember that there will be more than one actor playing Captain Jack in the park, and they might not even use the one in these photos!  In a similar way to how some of the Narnia White Witches looked more fitting than others, how much Jack looks the part could vary on different days as well.  :wink:

Anthony

Yay, they've finally done what they should have done with the first film - cross promotion!

http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/pirates/index.htm

This link was featured in an email advertising the film from Disney UK, but it doesn't seem to be featured on the official Pirates website or on DLRP's homepage yet.  :(

Sam

Great artwork of the castle. They should make a wallpaper out of this picture.  8)

Kristof

So here are several Jack Sparrow's.  Don't you agree that our Jack looks quite OK, compared to (especially) the Orlando version?

Top row: Anaheim 1, Paris;
Middle row: New anamatronic, Orlando;
Bottom row: Anaheim 2, Johnny Depp.

Source: Miceage

Anthony

Yeah, Orlando's really isn't that good!  Anaheim 2 is the best, but if the actor in the Paris preview photos worked on his facial expressions a bit then he'd be just as good...