No more Cadillacs in Good Morning WDS??

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2006, 02:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteWDSfans received information that the Cadillacs which were previously used in the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios parade might not return this year. A rumour has popped up that they might be replaced by brand new Opel convertibles.

The Cadillacs had to be rented each year from a private collector what could explain why the management wants to exchange them for sponsored vehicles.

Source: http://www.wdsfans.com

Anthony

Cheers for the news. :wink:

Opel convertibles?  So would they be classic ones?  :? I really hope so, modern cars just wouldn't be right...

I like the idea of the sponsorship though.  I know that's a strange thing to say, but if it means DLRP gets the cars for free then that's excellent.  I've often wondered why they don't have more sponsored rides in the resort.

Kristof

Chances are high that they are going to be brand new Opel Twintops.

Anthony

Like this:

?

Kristof

yes... maybe they'll have stickers on them or so, no idea actually.

Patrick

Well that seems odd, nice for them to kill a fantastic idea :lol: .  God I hope it's not those convertables, can't Disney just by any chance get some of the cars Stars and Motorcars uses, they are a bit more authentic and look nice.  Those newer Opel ones if they are used would take a lot to make them seem magically interesting lol.

Maarten

Iew, those new Opel cars don't belong in the Studios. Every Disney park is build around a theme (a certain period, a specific place). These cars should not play the leading role in any parade at a Disney-park. Next year, can you imagine the outside of the Hollywood Tower Hotel (I guess it will be almost finished by then) and those new cars? In other words, the 30s vs the modern ages? It's a mismatch of themes, at least in this part of the Studios.  :?

At least the cadillacs seemed kind of special because of their old fashioned designs. Especially the black one with the roof that also got used at the Red Carpet show in september, fitted perfectly.  :)

Jon

but wernt most of the cadilacs they have built around the 60's so would still be about 30 years out. still better than 70 years difference i suppose
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Maarten

Quote from: "Jon"but wernt most of the cadilacs they have built around the 60's so would still be about 30 years out. still better than 70 years difference i suppose

Yes I see what you mean. But what I tried to explain is that modern cars don't belong there, while some cadillacs (which aren't from the same time period as the Hollywood Tower Hotel either) fit in the with the theme. Not many people will notice that some of the cadillacs look out of place because they are build around 40 years later then the story of the Tower of Terror for example, until they will think further ofcourse. But at least it won't be as obvious then, when you compare it to the new modern cars.

Jon

i see what you mean!!! maybe they could use the cars from the tram tour lot and tehn put them back after thats a whole range of different cars of various ages
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Anthony

I guess we'll find out later today what the parade looks like this year...

If they did use those Opel convertibles then I would be disappointed, but they're definitely not the worst cars they could have chosen - they actually look quite classic to me for some reason, because they're slightly square and less rounded than a lot of other cars.  If they used good colours and decorated them a bit then that'd be great.

The 2005 cars were definitely the best... I really hope they're back.  They added a lot of magic to the parade, and made it feel like a real old-fashioned Hollywood celebrity cavalcade.

Remember Goofy's car from Merry Christmas Walt Disney Studios?  They added antlers and snow to that, so maybe they'll advance the design of the GMWDS cars in the same way?

Kristof

from http://www.wdsfans.com

QuoteThe Cadillacs have returned in Good Morning Walt Disney Studios parade afterall.  Managment decided to put the Cadillacs back as it looks much better, only a few days before the soft opening yesterday!
The only thing is that now, there are only 2 Cadillacs and the Disney Cinema Parade Truck...

Anthony

Only 2 cars and the cinema parade truck??!  What??!  :o  :evil:  :evil: Nooooo!!!!

I can't find photos of this year's parade *anywhere*, which is wierd.  Did it really begin last Saturday?  I'm surprised dlrp.fr or frequent visitors from the French forums haven't picked up on it...

Poppy The Monkey

More cars (or at least one more) from this Saturday I believe.

I think at the moment it is "blink and you'll miss it". Perhaps the shutter speeds are set too slow on people's camera's??

Kristof

There are 3 currently 3 cars in the Parade: