Emporium Refurbishment

Started by Anthony, March 28, 2006, 10:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

So I've been thinking for a couple of weeks now about how the refurbishment really ruins the look of Town Square, and definately isn't a good thing for guests to see when the enter the park.  I know it's 100% necessary, but it's still a shame for people visiting.

I *really* didn't expect this though - a full-length painted rendering of The Emporium, covering up the plain white sheets...

More: http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20060328/

Now *that* is AMAZING!!!  I'm so impressed that DLRP have spent the time and money doing this, just to make the park look good during a rehab.  Even WDW and DLR don't do that!

kate

wow!! that is amazing! i can't believe they've gone to all that trouble, its great.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

luke

How many of the shops down that side of Main Street are closed then?
Anyone know :)?

Anthony

None of them!  :D

Kristof

It's beautiful and makes perfect sense, since there's the HUGE press event next week...  :wink:

Maarten

Or maybe this is a huge rehab which will last some for a while? Maybe thats why Disney deceided to spent so much money on this facade. But you will not hear me complaining, it looks realy nice! They should do this more often with huge objects and big rehabs.

Kristof

Or a test for the soon to come rehab of the castle and BTM...

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Or a test for the soon to come rehab of the castle and BTM...
Yeah, I can definitely see them doing this with the castle - it'll be much better than a blank white sheet at least.

I'm still amazed at how real the artwork looks. Ok, if you look close you can tell it's printed, but when I first saw Joel's photos I actually thought only the roof part was the printed cover!  It's quite convincing, and the birds and trees are a nice touch.

Quote from: "Maarten"Or maybe this is a huge rehab which will last some for a while? Maybe thats why Disney deceided to spent so much money on this facade.
You're probably half right I reckon. :?  I don't think it should really be there for that long (how much is there to do for the Emporium?), but I think this probably does mean that the rehab will at least still be going on right through the Easter holidays.  They've got that special Easter weekend planned, all taking place in Town Square...  :?

flor

funny detail. behind this artwork, the banners of Kids Carnival still are on :-)

Nala_84

That's really cool. It's a typical Disney idea of showing magic although there's a refurbishment  :tink:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Does anyone know when this refurbishment is due to be finished?  It's been going on for months and months now, what on earth are they doing??!

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"It's been going on for months and months now, what on earth are they doing??!

Thats what I asked myself too when they were refurbishing the Fantasy Festival Stage. For some reason they often take quite some time for big rehabs, but it makes me kind of scary when I think about the upcomming rehabs of Le Chateau and Big Thunder Mountain.  :roll:

Kristof

All the rehabs are on a strict shedule (which I've seen).

Kristof

Patmagic lets us know live from DLRP that the scaffolding is being taken down!

Anthony

Great!  Ready for the summer crowds, I guess?

It's going to be interesting to see just how much the facade has been improved, considering the length of the refurbishment.  I have a feeling, though, that the reason it has taken so long is that they just didn't work as hard/fast on it as they do on attraction refurbishments, rather than it being a truly drastic rehab...