Do you remember... ?

Started by pandamoneum, March 12, 2009, 01:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "dagobert"In 2000 I was for the first time at DLRP and there was a very nice parade with a very catchy music. I think the parade was called IMAGINATIONS, but I'm not sure.

I just wanted to know what happened to this parade and for how long did it stay in Paris? Was the parade designed for Paris, or did it come from Disneyland Anaheim, Tokyo or WDW?

Yes, you are right. The parade in 2000 was called the Imaginations Parade. It was the one with the giant floats, aith one of the Fab Five Characters and a Continent for each float. The music was called 'All Around the World', and the whole parade was unique to DLRP. It was only there for one year because of low guest satisfaction. The year afterwards they brought back the Wonderful World of Disney Parade. :)

-breeno-

Butlin is quite right, such a shame Imaginations only lasted a year, it was (and still is) my all time favourite DLRP parade.  I loved everything about it, the music, the floats, everything! :mrgreen:

I'm guessing most of the floats would have been demolished by now, killing any chance of a surprise comeback :(  :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Why did they close down anyway?
Too many CMs, too little capacity, too many safety issues?

I'm not sure I'd want to put my life (or at least my dry clothes) in the hands of other DLRP guests... :wink:

I do wonder about whether there were cultural and language issues. There was a really cool rapids bit you paddled through between BTM and the waterfall.

For Canoe fans, you can still paddle in California and Tokyo.
since 2001 (many before that)

luke85

Thanks for posting that picture of the old canoe loading dock Kristof, I've never seen that before! Would be so cool if that attraction was still running today... [-o<

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "luke85"Thanks for posting that picture of the old canoe loading dock Kristof, I've never seen that before! Would be so cool if that attraction was still running today... [-o<

I totally agree with you on that one, I think instead of having all these parties maybe for a celebration that the guest could decide on dlrp website for a ride to return that was in dlrp but was removed. A ride that can easily be rebuilt e.g canoes. I would also love to see the fights in frontierland :D

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"
Quote from: "luke85"I would also love to see the fights in frontierland :D

Me too, I fondly remember when the characters were but a small part of the entertainment on offer.
since 2001 (many before that)

CentralPlazaPerson

I think it all changed when WDS came to the park. WDS got more the spotlight and rides in DLP failed to gain visitors.

dagobert

Thanks for your answers!!

It's a little bit sad that the IMAGINATIONS parade will not return anymore. I really liked it, although I have to say that my favorite parade was the Wonderful World of Disney Parade.