Trip Report (3-7 January 2009) Finally

Started by swity, April 09, 2009, 03:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swity

Finally I have time to do a little Trip report of my last trip.

I have been to DLRP from 3th to 7th Jaunary 2009 with my parents and my boyfriend.
My boyfriend has been at DLRP in September 2006 for the first time and since then I could convince him of the "magic".

For the first time we stayed in Disney's Cheyenne which was pretty nice.

The weather:
It was pretty cold!!!I really could not believe how cold it was. Everything was frozen and it snowed. We had to drink many cups of tea and coffee to bear it.
But all the freezing was rewarded because the christmas decoration has been stunning.
Here is a picture to proof how cold it was:

The lake in front of the Newport Bay Hotel has been frozen.

Christmas lamppost

Minnies Jolly Holiday:

Also the skull was covered with ice and the lake was frozen:

Mickey's Winter Wonderland

I have never seen this before to be honest...This is in the Liberty Arcade...

Candelbration:

Fantillusion (corrected  :wink: )

Hidden Mickys  :P

The parade with the castle in the back]

The first time I saw him  :D  :D  :D

Tower of Terror:

Snowy BTM:

Annette's Dinner:

Chilli con carne...I loved it  :D

15yearsofMagic2008

WOW ! Looks like you have a great time ! The picture of Lake Disney : OMG  :shock:  :shock: . I have NEVER seen the lake like that . Imagine ice skating on it !That would be cool ! Aww , am glad you had a nice time , babe xx
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Magicalmouse125

Wow some really great pictures there.

It is wonderful when lake disney freezes over. Last christmas i was there and it completely froze. The ice is really thick too. And also a lovely picture of a snow coverec castle.
Great photos well done!

Also can i make one small little correction. The night time parade is called Fantillusion not the main street electrical parade! Sorry!!!!!! :lol:
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the great report; your photos are such a pleasure to look at =D>

I'm glad you all had such a great time :)

toonarmylass

O M G how beautiful are those pictures, the lake is stunning as is the picture of the castle and surroundings with all the snow!!!

swity

First of all thanks for all the compliments.
It was really cool to see the lake completly frozen  :)
Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Wow some really great pictures there.

It is wonderful when lake disney freezes over. Last christmas i was there and it completely froze. The ice is really thick too. And also a lovely picture of a snow coverec castle.
Great photos well done!

Also can i make one small little correction. The night time parade is called Fantillusion not the main street electrical parade! Sorry!!!!!! :lol:

No problem, actually I knew that it's called Fantillusion (it's on the picture  :wink: )
but I was not really sure if it's also called Electrical Parade...Seems to be a different one...because it looked the same like the Electrical Parade I saw a few years ago. :?:

15yearsofMagic2008

It used to be called The Main Street Electrical Parade a few years ago , am talkin back in the 1990's
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

never2old

Sounds like you had a great time! The pictures are great, the ice and snow are very impressive!

Aveen2008

Thanks for sharing your pictures, the side view picture of the castle with the grass all white and frosty looks great and I love the photo of Santa pasting the castle! :D I am glad you had a great time!!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Nala_84

Your pics are great, swity :)! Thanks for sharing them! It's so cool to see DLP covered with snow... my favourite pic is the one of BTM, it's amazing :)!

And let me guess... you drive an Opel? :mrgreen:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

swity

Quote from: "Nala_84"Your pics are great, swity :)! Thanks for sharing them! It's so cool to see DLP covered with snow... my favourite pic is the one of BTM, it's amazing :)!

And let me guess... you drive an Opel? :mrgreen:

Thanks Nala,
It was really great to see everything covered with snow but it was really really cold. On other trips we always went to Disney village or we walked arround in the hotels after the park closed but on this trip we have been so happy to be in a warm hotel room that we didn't leave it until the next morning  :wink:

And yes, we drive an Opel Meriva   :mrgreen:
Do you also drive an Opel or how did you knew about it?