New information board coming

Started by Kristof, March 13, 2006, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The current information board on Main Street will be replaced on the night of 31th March / 1th April with a brand new electrical board!  It will be updated by the Operational Surveillance department so that guest flow can concentrate on the guests.

According to La Rouquine, the board can also display this information:
- Current stops and reopening of attractions
- Advices people to get a Fast Pass
- Immediately informs the closure of the Fast Pass system per ride
- Indicates if a certain show is full or not

Source:  La Rouquine at Disney Central Plaza

Anthony

Whooaa!  That's SO cool!   :o  I've always thought the Info board must be a nightmare for the CM(s) having to constantly update it.

Will the WDS get the same I wonder?  They just made a new Guest Info board for the WDS, and I'm pretty sure it's not "electrical" like this one... (looks beautiful though)

Oh, and one more question - do any other Disney parks have a system as advanced as this?

Dlrpfan

Yay hopefuly it will be more accurate then the one at the min!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Only epcot had an electrical board.  The other parks had chalk boards...  :lol:   Will dig up a photo later.

Patrick

A chalk board :lol: , oh my aern't the Americans as advanced as Europe :lol: , wow I really like how Disneyland Resort Paris finally though is catching up to parks in the world like The Tussauds group, about time, but still nice they finally are getting one, I just hope it looks nice :) .

experiment627

Oh well, the 21st century finally arrives on Main Street.  :wink:

That's a really good thing - though it was kind off fun having to phone the various attractions every 30 minutes... and usually it took 30 minutes to do so.  :wink:

Looking forward to how this will blend in with its environment - and it will affect the guests' enjoyment of a visit to Disneyland...

Anthony

Here it is!!  The tip board has been all LCD-ed up!!

I think they've cut down the amount of attractions on there, but it looks wonderful.  And it looks like you can't tell they're LCD screens at all - except if you stand to the side of the sign:

Apparently there's some kind of small animation when the time changes - like it's been hit by pixie dust?  I can't quite understand the french... :wink:

Anyway - first Laser Blast, then the Emporium covering, then track arriving for Crush and now THIS?!  They're really spoiling us!!

More here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=535

Maarten

Wow, I like the fact that they used the Main Street Gazette (the newspaper) in the middle. A really cool detail which compliments the Main Street. It's all about the details right?! I'm getting curious now what the article is about...  :)

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I'm getting curious now what the article is about...  :)
Me too!  I can see that it mentions Walt's hometown of Marceline, Missouri and also shows the DLP Casting window... interesting!  :D

Take a look at some of the other photos too - the detail in the designs around the sign are really beautiful:

It's so detailed and beautiful, it looks like it's been there since 1992!