[TDR] Tokyo Disneyland Hotel - 2008

Started by Skellington, March 12, 2006, 07:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skellington

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to Open in Fiscal Year 2008

URAYASU, CHIBA - Oriental Land Co, Ltd. has announced that the new Disney hotel scheduled to open in Tokyo Disney Resort in Japanese fiscal year 2008 will be named "Tokyo Disneyland Hotel."

The new hotel will be built in front of Tokyo Disneyland Park, with the Disney Resort Line's Tokyo Disneyland Station in between. The hotel will reflect the early 20th-century Victorian architectural style found in the Park's World Bazaar themed land, the monorail station and the main entrance area. While grand and elegant, the hotel will generate a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for the Guests.

Stepping through the main entrance on the third floor, Guests will find themselves in the most striking feature of the hotel: the spacious, brightly lit atrium lobby with its approximately 30- meter high ceiling. Descending to the first floor, guests will be able to move outside into a pleasant, spacious courtyard bordered by a restaurants and shops. Beyond this courtyard the monorail station and the entrance to Tokyo Disneyland will be waiting, promising fun things to come.

The majority of the approximately 700 guest rooms in the hotel have been designed with families in mind, giving them a place where they can have a relaxing, comfortable stay. These themed room designs will no doubt afford guests a place to rest and talk over the many wonderful things they have experienced at the Resort.

This third Disney hotel is another step in the development of Tokyo Disney Resort as a world-class vacation destination. Its construction will allow even more guests to enjoy the Disney brand of family entertainment and the Resort's two theme parks, fine dining and tasteful shopping opportunities.

Facility Details (Proposed)
Name: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
Location: Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture (within the Tokyo Disneyland Guest parking area)
Management: Owner: Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
Operator: Maihama Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oriental Land Co., Ltd.)
Opening Date: Fiscal year 2008
Structure: 9 levels above ground
Floor Space: About 89,000 sq. meters
Guestrooms: About 700
Other Facilities: Banquet rooms, restaurants, Disney shop, etc.
Total Cost: About ¥44 billion (including parking structure)

The Pumpkin King

Anthony

WOW!  They really are on a mission to beat the original plans of EuroDisney, aren't they?!

Oh well, it's excellent to see a Disney resort willing (and able) to spend so much money!  :D

Dlrpfan

TDR defenatly needs a resort fully oppereated by the main 2 companys. It just looks a bit boaring (hotel wise)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Owain

With the topic about Tokyo Disney Resorts 25th, heres some photos of the latest construction.

From Disneytheque;

I see a Hidden Mickey !

This hotel is HUGE !  :o

Photos : DeepDisney

Kristof

Am I the only one who doesn't really like it?  It looks so unattractive for a Disney entrance.  Could just be me though.

MadHatter

Yea, it looks kinda fake and plastic-ish in my opinion..

-breeno-

In my opinion it just doesn't look like a Disney hotel.  I don't know why it just doesn't look like one from thoughs pictures :?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

SMCD

Quote from: "raptor1982"Am I the only one who doesn't really like it?  It looks so unattractive for a Disney entrance.  Could just be me though.

I think it looks great; very grand and elaborate, and a fitting third hotel. Don't know if that's what you mean, but the hotel won't be a direct entrance to the park.

Kristof

Quotethe hotel won't be a direct entrance to the park.

Still it's located at the entrance of the park right?  And I can imagine it's visible from the park.  The colours used don't do justice to the design of the building.  If you look on the concept art, the colours appear much lighter, more to the whites.  Would have been better.  But we'll see when it opens.

Riebi

No raptor you´re not the only one. I´m not very impressed by this hotel. It´s just huge but nothing more. Looks like a bit like every "grand hotel" in every bigger european city. Not really WOW. And for me not very "Disneylandish". You can find such hotels in budapest, berlin, paris, rome and much smaller cities as st. moritz or Karlovy Vary.

So for me it doesn´t has a magical touch just a normal grand hotel. Why should I stay there?  :roll:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

At first I didn't know if I would like it, but it is growing on me.  It is a good set of colours to match TDL.  At first I hated how pink our DLP DLH was, and I never used to like our castle.  But they have grown on me too, and I love our castle.

Pink colours would not match the vibe of World Bazaar, and white would look dirty very quickly with the monsoons and other sever weather TDL is sometimes subjected to.  I like it.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

It's funny, I don't really like the Grand Floridian, and the DLH is ok.  I really love the blue roofing on this.  My problem with the GF and DLH Paris is they are too froo froo feminine.  This is much more masculine.

And as for the criticisms it's very European - again we life in Europe.  But most TDLers will probably never set foot in Europe.  I think it's a nice sister hotel to the Miracosta.
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Mostly share the opinions above. The yellow, particularly with such a strong blue, looks almost hideous and cheapens what should be a very elegant-looking hotel. This is definitely the Victorian equivalent of their New York tower of terror...

It would (and hopefully will) benefit from a lot of green surrounding it, both to help the colours and make it feel a little less imposing. DLH in Paris is grand and towering, but you enter Fantasia Gardens at a higher level so it always remains fairly welcoming. This is in another league - way too massive for an entrance to Disneyland.

Is that a multistory car park next door? :?

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"Mostly share the opinions above. The yellow, particularly with such a strong blue, looks almost hideous and cheapens what should be a very elegant-looking hotel. This is definitely the Victorian equivalent of their New York tower of terror...

It would (and hopefully will) benefit from a lot of green surrounding it, both to help the colours and make it feel a little less imposing. DLH in Paris is grand and towering, but you enter Fantasia Gardens at a higher level so it always remains fairly welcoming. This is in another league - way too massive for an entrance to Disneyland.

Is that a multistory car park next door? :?
I think so, as doesnt this project include a new resort parking lot ?

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "raptor1982"Am I the only one who doesn't really like it?  It looks so unattractive for a Disney entrance.  Could just be me though.

completly agreeing with you Raptor i thought that it may look simular too the DLRPhotel but i suppose the color schemes work with TDSHotel MiraCosta
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012