first dlrp day ever

Started by caffeine_demon, January 30, 2009, 11:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caffeine_demon

pretty good first day at the parks, started off in discoveryland (which I felt was slightly the weakest of the zones in terms of theming) although buzz lightyear is great, and space mountain is pretty cool.

Thought fantasyland was the best overall theming, and the dark rides are great (peter pan broke down, so I'll try again tomorow or sunday), and casey jr is neat!, at lunchtime I decided i'd whizz round the rest, just do pirates, indy jones and big thunder mountain, and move to the studios

pirates is awesome  and indy jones was better than I thought, and I loved the dark section of BTM, and the way the train rocks on the last lift hill,  but think overall, colorado express at phantasialand is the better coaster

then onto the studios - queued half an hour for crush, and that broke down too, also did rock n roller coaster, which I thought was a bit betrer than the orlando one.

Finally - 2 goes on tower of terror - what a ride!   actually thought slightly better than the orlando one!

Then dinner in cafe mickey!

The Butlin Boy

I'm glad you had a great first day, and I hope that the rest of your trip is just as good :)

never2old

Sounds also like it was fairly quiet!

Buzz is one of my favourite rides, as is BTM and ToT!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed them

Looking forward to the rest of your trip :)

caffeine_demon

2nd day was fun too - and crush is a great coaster (just managed to squeeze in but had to undo my top!

loved cinemagique, but wasn't too keen on animagique - and stitch live was rather disappointing  missed out on the stunt show due to a breakdown on rnrc 0 - gonna get there tomorrow

davewasbaloo

Excellent. Be sure not to miss Phantom Manor as well.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Excellent. Be sure not to miss Phantom Manor as well.

I think it's down for refurbishment at the minute isn't it?

Any way, I'm glad you had a great second day, make sure to enjoy the rest (and try to catch the parade :wink: ) :P