Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show... with Mickey and Friends!

Started by Kristof, January 29, 2009, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This sucks. Did you guys know, even before DL was built, Walt had plans for a little park across the street from the Studios. He was only going to have one place for characters and the rest was to be themed.

When DL opened, only Fantasyland and the parade had characters.

It is getting rediculous now and is RUINING the resorts.

All you fans, go and enjoy how they ruined LA Bar and Grill, Auberge, Lucky Nugget, the castle, Discoveryland, Main Street, and the hub.

This is increadibly bad.

Well if its going to ruin your trip then why are you going?

You haven't even  seenthe show with the characters in, do you always judge a book by its cover?

And speaking as someone who has never seen it, do you always defend a book you have never even read?
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This sucks. Did you guys know, even before DL was built, Walt had plans for a little park across the street from the Studios. He was only going to have one place for characters and the rest was to be themed.

When DL opened, only Fantasyland and the parade had characters.

It is getting rediculous now and is RUINING the resorts.

All you fans, go and enjoy how they ruined LA Bar and Grill, Auberge, Lucky Nugget, the castle, Discoveryland, Main Street, and the hub.

This is increadibly bad.

Well if its going to ruin your trip then why are you going?

You haven't even  seenthe show with the characters in, do you always judge a book by its cover?

And speaking as someone who has never seen it, do you always defend a book you have never even read?

Well yeah, because unless i have seen something i cannot for one put it down.  

How can you have a opinon on something you havent seen?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

[quote="littlemermaid83
Well yeah, because unless i have seen something i cannot for one put it down.  

How can you have a opinon on something you havent seen?[/quote]

I state again, if someone said they drew a moustache on the Mona Lisa, I wouldn't need to see it to know that:

a) it is not in keeping with the original tone of the creators
b) it is in bad taste and not a good enhancement
C) I would hate the idea and want to do something to stop it happening to other pieces of art.

If all the "beloved" characters all of a sudden disappeared, I am sure there would be outrage online. Would it stop people going? Some yes, some no. But it would have a negative impact too.

15MagicalYears

I think this looks great! And it's certainly more appealing now that Mickey and the gang have joined the cast. The oufits look very cute :P .

davewasbaloo

I work in Programme development. Like an architect or a film director, I do not have to see an end result to make an informed decision whether I think something is a good move or not.

In the real world, I have a role where I am developing somethings that will have a 10-50 year impact. I need to be clear on what we are going to achieve and why, before we ever make it happen. I can apply this same level of thought as to whether shoving Mickey in BBWWS, or on the castle with his pals, or Stitch doing YMCA, or characters in It's a Small World, or spinners in WDSP are a good idea or not.

I knew ToT was a great position before it was even built. And I knew Space Mountain was going to be awesome before they struck ground.

littlemermaid83

Well sadly we are not in charge of Entertainment at DLRP so we have no say on what comes and goes.

We have to like it or lump it sadly.  We can moan about it but it won't change anything.

I for one is looking forward to seeing this show in September.  Looks like a lot of fun.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

You would be surprised. There are a number of key execs who monitor these boards, and some are senior in the entertainment area. You would be surprised the impact boards can have as an indicator. We are a cheap resource.

Willow

The show clearly needed some kind of refresh. They were/are practically begging people to visit the show.

Without the (very popular) characters the show might have had to get axed.

littlemermaid83

I have just been sent some photos from the show, think they was from a rehearsal.

It doesnt look to bad.

15MagicalYears

Looks very cute!  :P

bigrossco

very very cute :)

Lets see them on the horses now :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

smurfy74

At my work execs regularly read customer boards as it has been said its a cheap resource, so its great to have discussions even if they are get heated. Disney are obviously wanting to save the show by putting the characters in. The product in its current state was obviously nearing the end of its life as the deals being offered to hotel guest smacked of desperation to get it filled. I have never in all the visits I have made to the resort which is in double digits been to see the show so I dont feel I can comment too much, but the characters make me more inclined to take my nephews when we visit in September, as i feel maybe rightly or wrongly that they would be more inclined to enjoy the show. For the resorts sake I hope it means that the attendances grow.

CentralPlazaPerson

What will be the gift given... a hat with mouse ears out of the top ? :P
I do like the idea but I'm a bit surprised Stitch isn't in it  :shock: surely he's in everything :shock:

Agent Lex

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"I do like the idea but I'm a bit surprised Stitch isn't in it  :shock: surely he's in everything :shock:
Don't give them ideas! :P

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"I do like the idea but I'm a bit surprised Stitch isn't in it  :shock: surely he's in everything :shock:

:lol: