Taking photos, videos on rides

Started by mikek1357, December 19, 2008, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikek1357

Hello people,

Good to see a good board about DLRP, which I will visit for the 1st time during christmas. Can't wait  :D

Is it allowed to take ur videocamera on rides? Would make for some awesome footage.

Will post pics and a report as I come back.

Getyogrooveon

You can take photos/ videos of most rides. The ones you definitely cannot are:

Tower Of Terror
Star Tours
Pre-show of Armagedeen
Pre-show of Rock'n'Rollercoaster (and probably the ride itself)
Cinemagique
Animagique
Space Mountain (?)
Honey I Shrunk the Audience

I have recorded everything else ;-)
"Eveything is automatic - this is Disney" [CM on the rollercoaster simulator in the Studios - Nov 2004]

05.92 Newport Bay
09.01 Santa Fe
11.03 Cheyenne
11.05 Sequoia Lodge
11.06 Cheyenne
11.07 Cheyenne
12.08 Cheyenne
08.10 Saratoga Springs - Walt Disney World
11.10 Cheyenne

RnRCj

In Tower Of Terror you can film everything apart from the actual ride, including the preshow and boiler room. They will tell you off if you do film on the ride.

In Rock 'n' Roller Coaster you cannot film from the preshow onwards, but if the staff are feeling nice you can get away with filming the launch from the queue. Again, they will probably tell you off for filming on the actual ride.

Willow

Disney will allow video recording on most rides except for rollercoasters and rides which include videos (for copyright reasons).
Unless you have a good camera (with nightvision) it would be pointless filming most of the dark rides such as Pirates and Phanton Manor.

You aren't allowed on rollercoasters due to safety reasons but Big Thunder Mountain and Casey Junior are usually fine.

Remember not to take Flash photos or use external video lights as it will disrupt your ride-enjoyment and other people's.

mikek1357

Quote from: "Willow"Disney will allow video recording on most rides except for rollercoasters and rides which include videos (for copyright reasons).
Unless you have a good camera (with nightvision) it would be pointless filming most of the dark rides such as Pirates and Phanton Manor.

You aren't allowed on rollercoasters due to safety reasons but Big Thunder Mountain and Casey Junior are usually fine.

Remember not to take Flash photos or use external video lights as it will disrupt your ride-enjoyment and other people's.

Oh no flash or external video light for me, as for the lcd display which i shut off for almost all of the time, since I find it annoying myself on some rides. I will capture the atmosphere of Disney for sure. Can't wait  :D/

Willow

You could always ask the Cast Member before you go on the ride if you could use your video, the chances are they would say no but there is a chance they wouldn't mind if you securely had your camera attached to you hand.

I've just finished editing my Home Video from 2007 and 2008, 2 hours long and has taken me hours to edit. Little ride footage as my camera isn't the greatest and hates slightly dark light conditions.

bigrossco

Quote from: "Getyogrooveon"Pre-show of Rock'n'Rollercoaster (and probably the ride itself)

Its more or less impossilbe to take on Ride video / pic on Rock'n'Rollercoaster as it goes that fast you are very likely to drop the camara / camcorder almost happend to my m8 lol
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Pete's Dragon

Have taken videos and pictures of the RnRC launch from the queue, and the CM's said nothing. But I wouldnt like to risk trying it on the coaster even if you were allowed to.

ST_212

I was there last week and they seem to be very strict on the video taping on rides now. Terror Tower they wont start the ride till the camera is away (which is understandable) and Space Mountain was the same.

ST

mikek1357

Quote from: "ST_212"I was there last week and they seem to be very strict on the video taping on rides now. Terror Tower they wont start the ride till the camera is away (which is understandable) and Space Mountain was the same.

ST

Well I just got back and they are very strict. At shows our rides where you aren't allowed to film or photograph they check it very very well.

bigrossco

Quote from: "ST_212"I was there last week and they seem to be very strict on the video taping on rides now. Terror Tower they wont start the ride till the camera is away (which is understandable) and Space Mountain was the same.

ST

Yeh they are very strict on TOT

Some prat was on the ride with his camara out when the ride was going up and down and you could hear on the tannoy "sir put your camara away immediatly" he got 2 warnings before he put them away, guess if he did not put it away they would stop the ride
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

RockNRoller

I was told to put my camera away on TOT and also RNR, no one has stopped me on any other rides. Would say two things on this topic though, if you are going to fill with video please dont use a thumping great light on top, it spoils it for everyone else and if you take flash photo's beware you may reveal details you wouldn't normaly see. Took a load on Peter Pan and seeing the ride lit properly actually spoilt it for me, you can see all the wires and rails and what the buildings really look like, Dont do it people.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Adam

Good point about the flash. I always try to avoid using the flash when possible on rides to get the shots quicker and I use sport mode for the stunt show, to make sure I get the shots as everything is so fast. Also, when taking character photos, it is better to not use the flash, as it is so much quicker!