Sell Out!: Parks reaching capacity

Started by Willow, December 07, 2008, 07:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Yesterday the resort reached capacity.

The reports suggest 1 hour plus on more rides and even over 2 hours on the popular rides such as Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain.
Queues on the motorways (are they motorways in France) stretched back for miles as even more people tried to visit the resort.

Good day for the park in ticket sales, bad day in terms on merchandise and refreshments.  :wink:
Longer queues = less money spent.

A post of Disney Central Plaza says the capacity was 85 000.

RnRCj

I was reading about this on Disney Central Plaza a few minutes ago. Superb news that the park is so full, but imagine if you'd gone over there just the day and were refused entry. Apparently even Dream Annual Pass holders weren't allowed in until 4pm!

I think it was just Disneyland Park though that reached it's full capacity - not the whole resort.

Willow

Quote from: "RnRCj"I think it was just Disneyland Park though that reached it's full capacity - not the whole resort.

I wasn't sure if both were full or not so I thought I'd just include the whole resort.

The studios would have been pretty bad as well, would have needed to soak up the additional guests who couldn't get into Disneyland Park.

Anthony

This is unbelievable news!

Really shows how far the resort has come in just a few years. It's definitely, definitely, no longer the white elephant of Europe, people just love it and are eating it up. And of course, the immense popularity of the Christmas season... it's the most important, vital thing the resort has to sell itself with now, well, beyond the word "Disney" itself.

Now, wouldn't it be good if they could increase the capacity of WDS and give it some proper Christmas features to begin to rival DLP? We've been talking all year about how the balance has finally begun to shift slightly towards WDS with the opening of Tower, but during Christmas the importance of each park suddenly shifts back to about 10/90 WDS/DLP. There's no reason to visit WDS (or spend much time there) when everything seems to be happening at DLP...

Sorry, another WDS-really-needs-seasonal-celebrations rant. :wink:

disneydaniel

I was there on saturday and both parks were majorly busy. Space Mountain had a 3 hour line by about 2 pm and Alice had an over flow line heading over to toad hall!

The studios was also very busy and Rock N roller coaster broke down while i was in the line about the board. Basicly it had a failed launch and took about 40 mins to repair! It was quite scary as the ridders got quite a jolt as the countdown for launch finished and the brakes slammed on! We were then treated to seeing all the show elements turned off and the emergency lighting coming on which was kinda cool because you could see the team testing the launch equipment without a train over it.

Overall the saturday was a different picture of the resort compared to thurs 4th when even crush was almost a walk on attraction!

Minnies jolly holidays was fun!!! and the Once upon a dream parade was great! just the entire parade route was grid lock for at least 15 mins after the parade had passed thru.

RnRCj

Quote from: "disneydaniel"Rock N roller coaster broke down while i was in the line about the board. Basicly it had a failed launch and took about 40 mins to repair! It was quite scary as the ridders got quite a jolt as the countdown for launch finished and the brakes slammed on! We were then treated to seeing all the show elements turned off and the emergency lighting coming on which was kinda cool because you could see the team testing the launch equipment without a train over it.

Do you mean that it launched and then stopped just before the first loop? Or did it just fail to launch altogether? If it 's the first option, you are a very lucky person! I would pay to see that happen, and I would pay even more for it to happen to me! :o

Javey74

That's fab news for DLRP, especially for us being in a global recession.  :D/   Ok, not so good news for the day trippers, but events like these do tend to be once in a blue moon, and unfortunate for these trippers.. :o

I wonder if it had something to do with Walt's birthday being on the Friday, then going into the weekend for trippers. Maybe.. :?:  Maybe not..  8)

Kristof

Same thing happened last weekend as well!  

People were let in for free on the resort parking lot because of the congestions.

Javey74

Mmmmmm strange....So what do you think the reason is then Kristof.. :-k

bigrossco

Quote from: "disneydaniel"Rock N roller coaster broke down while i was in the line about the board. Basicly it had a failed launch and took about 40 mins to repair! It was quite scary as the ridders got quite a jolt as the countdown for launch finished and the brakes slammed on! We were then treated to seeing all the show elements turned off and the emergency lighting coming on which was kinda cool because you could see the team testing the launch equipment without a train over it.

The exact same happend to me when I was in the que bascilay as you said the count down goes and then it is supposed to launch but failed to move at all no matter how many times the guy pushed the launch button.

Me and my m8 blamed him as he had just gone onto the "control panel" for RNRRC and the first "ride" he was "in control" with broke down was so funny

It happend about 2 other times as well durring the week I was there
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"Same thing happened last weekend as well!

And you didn't tell us?! Kristof, I'm surprised at you! :lol:

But yes, fantastic news! This news has also confirmed that I will never go to DLRP on a weekend. :mrgreen:

SophieD

thats insane!! I bet they all felt like sardines!! I have trouble waiting in a 30 minute queue let alone queue for 2 hours!! Good news for DLRP!!

Hope its not like that next week :(
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

disneydaniel

Quote from: "RnRCj"

Do you mean that it launched and then stopped just before the first loop? Or did it just fail to launch altogether? If it 's the first option, you are a very lucky person! I would pay to see that happen, and I would pay even more for it to happen to me! :o

Well it wasnt quite at far as the first option, it looked as thou it jolted about 1 - 2 metres, I think the first row of people were just about in the tunnel

The Butlin Boy

That's absolutely incredible news for DLRP, amazing =D> However, I wouldn't want to be there on a day like that :wink:

Nicholas-c

Great stuff!!! I think i will add weekend in december to my "Times of year to avoid" list :P

So... Who wants to play the "Guess crushes coaster queue time game" ? :P

Edit: Anyone got any pictures of the crowds ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone