DLR | Disney California Adventure makeover project

Started by Anthony, February 12, 2006, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Looks great!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

I'm really impressed! This single attraction is better themed than the whole TSPL. Maybe SSS costs the same amount of money like TSPL :lol: .

RnRCj

It looks really good! I think it would look better with more vibrant colours on the structure around it - it all seems a bit pale and faded. But it's still a million times better than Orange Stinger!

DLP-Photos.com

This looks so stylish and beautiful - very impressive and it fits so much better to the Pier theme than the Orange Stinger from before.

A great example of wrapping a simple "carnival ride" into great themening fitting to the area can make it Disney!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

alka1

the entrance signs were installed yesterday

- Twitter @TheDLGazette

- Twitter @artimus

dagobert

Take a look at the new "Disney California Adventure" logo:

Here you can see it again and there is also the new TV spot of WoC:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... 9-tv-spot/

SM:M3

Isn't it a bit similar to;

RnRCj

It does look a bit toony doesn't it... would prefer something a bit classier.

Malin

I love the work that has gone into Silly Symphony Swings. YouTube user Mint Crocodile has posted a video of the attraction.
[youtube:r0ojb5js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJDpr6JsiU&playnext_from=TL&videos=yiQbSh7zLFs&feature=sub[/youtube:r0ojb5js]

As for the new logo its alright but not sure about removing the 's from Disney. May need to change the title of this thread.

Gareth

O0o0o the ride looks really amazing classical and classy maybe if were lucky something like this would make its way into fantasyland i reckon it would fit perfectly

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

JelleP

Looks amazing, but the time you're actually on the ride is not more that just one minute! :O
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

montaguewarner

Diisney finally announce officially why the name change!
From D23!

QuoteDisney or Disney's?
A big topic on people's minds was the park name change from Disney's California Adventure to Disney California Adventure, which Disneyland President George Kalogridis eloquently explained to D23. "I don't know that it's a lot of science. In the transformation process, we believe it's better to talk about California as more of a state of mind. So California Adventure is an ongoing adventure, and it's presented by Disney. That's why it's not possessive in terms of 'this is our interpretation of California.' It's more [than that]. We are presenting a story about the adventure of life in California, which is ever-evolving, as is Disneyland. Which is why Disneyland is called Disneyland, not Disney's Land."
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

-breeno-

Quote from: "dagobert"Take a look at the new "Disney California Adventure" logo:

Here you can see it again and there is also the new TV spot of WoC:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... 9-tv-spot/
I know it's a bit late but I've been away so I'm still catching up.

I agree with RnRCj the new logo does look a bit too cartoony for me.  Here's a little photoshop I just did with Mr. Basic Times New Roman, I think something like this would be been nicer and more classy.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

alka1

It might look cartoony because it's based on the logo from the old cartoons

QuoteWith the park taking on early 20th century themes, the new logo makes sense for the park's new direction. The new logo borrows from early Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck cartoon title cards, which fits with the time period and the new infusion of Disney characters at California Adventure.

I think it looks great actually. Here it is in the new guide maps, the first map to feature the new logo:

CafeFantasia

Did anyone notice? Google updated their Maps satellite imagery for Anaheim. You can now see the World of Color stage and the construction of Cars Land.