LATE trip report (november 2006)

Started by casschr05, November 03, 2008, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

This is a very late trip report!
In 2005 and 2006 I participated in a French Exchange where 12 of us (from the same school) stayed with different French families (there was 12 French participants as well)
we went to stay with the families in October 05 and November 06 (they came to stay with us in march 06 and 07!!)
Here is a trip report for November 06 when the English participants went to DLRP for the day!
(Excuse the photo quality as I had a really bad camera back then!!)

We travelled as a group from Pontault-Combault on the RER, swapped lines at 'Val Du Fontenay' and arrived at 'Marne La Vallee' RER station at around 9:50 in the morning. We then split into smaller groups (*cough* friendship groups *cough*). I had two others with me and both had never been to DLRP before so I took charge   :lol: we had 10 minutes until the rope drop so we headed to Discoveryland. As soon the rope dropped we rushed onto Space Mountain 2, after the ride had finished we went back on as the park was really quiet. After the second ride one of the people in my group couldn't stand going back on again (:lol:) so we went to Star Tours.
We then did 'Buzz Lightyears laser blast' and headed to get a fastpass ticket for 'Big Thunder Mountain'(the only attraction with a large queue   :roll: ). We then decided to go and ride 'Indiana Jones...' as it had a queue of only 5 minutes and managed to ride that twice before going back to 'Big Thunder Mountain' we were feeling hungry so we decided to go to 'Pizzeria Bella Notte' (had my usual vege pasta!)

We then decided to risk the humiliation and ride 'Its a small world' (we dreaded getting caught on that ride my the teachers or fellow students :lol: :lol:) I then marched the other 2 in the group back to space mountain to pick up a fastpass ticket for later and then went on SM2 again, this time we bumped into 4 students so we rode it together and then myself and james (one of the 3 in my group!) making the total to 4 (we had a target of 7!) we then noticed that the fastpass tickets said 'Between 12:45 and 13:15 and one of the teachers said to me on the 2005 trip that she would go on SM2 if I came on the trip this year (2006- she really thought I wouldn't lol!!) and that we knew that she would be outside its a small world at 1pm , perfect!

At 1:05 quite a few of us went on SM2 together including the teacher :lol: (who isn't fond of rollercoasters!- evil I know!!!) afterwards she said that she loved the launch but didnt enjoy the rest of the ride  :twisted:

we then spent the rest of the day going on the other attractions and we went on SM2 another 2 times to make the total 7 [Target met :)]

Then to finish the day we watched the Christmas Parade together
Pics below!

Now a few parade pics:

sadly the other photos have a really bad quality :(

ColdSun

great pictures! The Christmas parade looks absolutely lovely...

never2old

Strange to see the Castle without its 15th Anniversary decorations... I was starting to forget what it's supposed to look like!

Thanks for that casschr05!!

SophieD

Great trip report Casschr05!! Loved the parade and castle photos!!
I'm glad you reached your target of 7 times on SM2!! I did the same thing with a teacher when I went there on a trip!! We dragged her on Indiana Jones when it went backwards and she hated it!!  :lol:  :lol:
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

casschr05

Quote from: "SophieD"Great trip report Casschr05!! Loved the parade and castle photos!!
I'm glad you reached your target of 7 times on SM2!! I did the same thing with a teacher when I went there on a trip!! We dragged her on Indiana Jones when it went backwards and she hated it!!  :lol:  :lol:
haha!
The teacher I dragged on SM2 made a terrible mistake on another exchange
she went to the queue area for Indiana Jones backwards and thought the queue was for something else ( :shock: ) so she queued up and didnt realise she was on a rollercoaster going backwards!!
 :roll:

But yes the castle does look a little strange without decorations!

thanks for your comments everyone