General Studios Enhancements

Started by Kristof, February 02, 2006, 01:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Walt Disney Studios Enhancements

This topic is now for news of general enhancements and improvements to the park, which don't necessarily fit into either the Production Courtyard or Animation Courtyard placemaking (rethemeing/improvement) projects.

:mickey2:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Source: Grandmath / Disney Central Plaza

Animation Courtyard will get a rehab to blend in with Toon Studios.  Later the same thing will happen it Production Courtyard for Tower of Terror.

WDS will also get more and new photo locations, adjustments and/or enhancements to the facades and ofcourse the additional Oasis at the Flying carpets.  :D  :D  :D

Anthony

Woohhooo!!  Time to celebrate!

Now, if they would only build a few street sets after 2008 then we'll have one awesome park.  :D

Patrick

YAY, I so much hope those paintbrushes appear in the area, they looked like they would have fit in so well also flying carpets improvements, sounds exciting, finally WDS may come and be that park that is as themed as the park next to it :wink: .

Dlrpfan

WHOOHHOO!
ASnimation Coartyard soooooooo needs a rehab! :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

"La Rouquine" who told this news to Grandmath, is clearing up some stuff:

The Studio 1 wall across the Animagique exit will get some drawings painted on.  Next to it, a Monsters Inc. photolocation and a small playarea for the kids.

On the other Studio 1 wall, on Cinémagique's side, will a few posters be put in place.  These will probably be up tomorrow morning.

And the Tower of Terror billboard will finally go up this weekend, after a 2 months delay.

Anthony

Ahhh - so these things are happening quite soon then?  I guess they won't be quite as major as we hoped, but then the fact that they *are* doing them gives great hope for 2007 and beyond.

Quote from: "raptor1982"The Studio 1 wall across the Animagique exit will get some drawings painted on.  Next to it, a Monsters Inc. photolocation and a small playarea for the kids.
Wooo!  Monsters Inc!

I was a bit unsure about whether they should do things to the sides of Studio 1, but if the drawings are like the ones on the Art of Disney Animation wall, then that'll be great! :D

Quote from: "raptor1982"On the other Studio 1 wall, on Cinémagique's side, will a few posters be put in place.  These will probably be up tomorrow morning.

And the Tower of Terror billboard will go up this weekend, with a 2 months delay.
Tomorrow morning for the Studio 1 posters?!  Cool!  I hope they're for classic films though, and not for new Disney ones like the DCA and MGM ones...

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the ToT billboard - will it go up in two months from this weekend, or will it be put up this weekend but then only be unveiled in two months time?  :?

Kristof

Sorry, it was supposed to go up 2 months ago.

Maarten

This news is so exciting. The aspect I love the most of the Disney parks is Imagineering and I can't count how many times I have redesigned the areas of Walt Disney Studios anymore!  :D

The weakest part of the park is definately Production Courtyard. Animation Courtyard has its animation theme, Frontlot is supposed to be the entrance to the park and Backlot is the center where the movies and stunts are being shot.

But Production Courtyard doesn't have one clear theme. Do they choose for the behind the scene's look (Studio Tram Tour, Television Production Tour) like at Backlot, or will they choose for a Hollywood from the 30's look (Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Cinemagique, Rendez-vous de Stars). I hope they will choose for the last option. Another time I will tell you all about some of my ideas (if you guys wanna hear it ofcourse...  :wink: ). This news really gives hope for the future indeed. I'm excited!

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"But Production Courtyard doesn't have one clear theme. Do they choose for the behind the scene's look (Studio Tram Tour, Television Production Tour) like at Backlot, or will they choose for a Hollywood from the 30's look (Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Cinemagique, Rendez-vous de Stars). I hope they will choose for the last option. Another time I will tell you all about some of my ideas (if you guys wanna hear it ofcourse...  :wink: ). This news really gives hope for the future indeed. I'm excited!
I'd love to hear your ideas!  And I definately agree that a clearly defined 1930s theme would be the best way to go with Production Courtyard.  They should theme it to a classic 1930s studio production lot, since this would then fit nicely with the long-rumoured Sunset Boulevard street set through the centre of the park...  :) It also wouldn't really take much work, since the buildings they have are already very nicely stylled with art-deco influences, so they'd just need to work on the bits inbetween them.

I guess any of our own ideas for the Studios should really go in the Imagineering forum though...  :wink:

Kristof

The first posters have been put on the walls!  :D

http://www.dlrp.fr

Anthony

Wow, so quick!  :o  :D

Pinocchio, Dumbo, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Monsters Inc... perfect!!!  =D>

They look sooo pretty with the Studio 1 colours!  And they look much more professional and well-placed than I had expected.

If you look at that first photo Raptor posted, you can almost imagine how the Monsters Inc photolocation/play area will fit in! (very clever of them to place that poster there too - they're thinking ahead!)  :D

I wonder what has sparked off this new line of improvements?  The WDS has stayed very similar for almost 3 years, so it's weird that they're all happening now.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Karl Holz's arrival...  Or perhaps the fact that they didn't spend as much on Halloween, Christmas and Kids Carnival this year compared to previous years?

Maarten

Actually, I have to get used to it because I haven't seen Studio 1 decorated before (except for Chicken Little ofcourse). But that doesn't mean I don't like it. The large Monsters Inc. poster looks really impressive, and I do love the beautiful Lion King poster too! Another nice thing is that they choose to cover some older films like Pinnochio aswell. Nice to see that they don't only think about the Pixar films nowadays.

I only have one critical note; hopefully the Walt Disney Studios won't change into one large poster-land if you know what I mean. They have to look out it that I won't become an overkill of posters, although I love the idea. Posters are not the same as adding details if you ask me. But that will not spoil the fun for me...  :)

Anthony

The posters on the CinéMagique side are now up:

More great choices - Pirates of the Caribbean, Mary Poppins, Narnia, Roger Rabbit and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!  The Roger Rabbit one in particular looks brilliant, and I think this is the first time Disney has actually done *anything* to do with the rabbit for years and years.  Mary Poppins is just perfect for the "Walt Disney Studios" too - it's always the film I think of when I hear those words.

Maarten has a really good point though:

Quote from: "Maarten"I only have one critical note; hopefully the Walt Disney Studios won't change into one large poster-land if you know what I mean. They have to look out it that I won't become an overkill of posters, although I love the idea. Posters are not the same as adding details if you ask me. But that will not spoil the fun for me...
Yeah, with 3 posters on every lighting rig thing and posters on both sides of Studio 1... they're definately heading into poster overkill!  Some people might also see it like they're just trying to advertise all their films (especially the posters for newer films like The Pacifier and Disney Channel shows, which really aren't worthy of a place there).  Luckily I don't think they'll add any more now, and they're a cheap, temporary way to Disney-up the studios and add a *lot* more colour.  For some reason the way they've put them on Studio 1 makes it all seem like more of a "real" studio too... to me at least!  :lol:

I guess we should be glad that the rumours of other improvements to Production Courtyard and that Monsters Inc corner for Animation Courtyard show that these posters are just the start of a bigger project.

Dlrpfan

The posters look way cool!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

It looks like they stole the idea of the posters from Universal Studios Hollywood:

Which is no bad thing - the more ideas they take from that place the better!  In terms of the Studio Tour, anyway: http://www.theatrecrafts.com/studiotour/index.html