Disney DVD Buy One Get One Free Offer!

Started by Masamune, October 13, 2008, 06:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:lol: I need help choosing what films to get and where to get them from, so here's my questions.

1. Does anyone know how long this offer will last?
2. Where's the best (in other words, cheapest) place to buy the DVDs?
3. What should I get?!

Right now I'm leaning towards the Special Editions of Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood, but I'm also tempted by the Special Editions of Dumbo and Mulan. :( It's so hard to choose. I can't really afford to get all 4.

Owain

I think play.com would be the best place to purchase them from :)

Captain Pan

Here's some answers that should put a bit of light on the situation

1: Adverts Show that the offers Run Until end of day on October 26th (My Birthday) So you have 13 days to make your purchase

2: Play have them for whatever price they have them at, along with HMV and Zavvi's online stores which I think have them for about £15 and possibly have all the available titles online... But I could be wrong about the prices... In stores Woolworths and Tesco both have them around the £15 mark.

3: Something you want particularly... Don't go for those which will be on the offer again... Pixar titles are always available and so are the Disney CGI (Chicken Little, Meet The Robinsons and The Wild)

Masamune

:shock: I never even thought of Play.com! I just checked, and £14.99 seems to be the base price. That's how much I've seen them for in Tesco. If there's no where selling them cheaper, I'll just get them from Tesco.

@ Captain - :lol: I haven't seen the 3 films you mentioned, so I won't be buying those. And the only Disney/Pixar DVD I'm tempted by is Finding Nemo, but I still much prefer the other 4 I mentioned in my first post.

Snow_White_Girl

I got Pocahontas and Finding Nemo when the last offer was on.... I did mention to my friend as we were walking through HMV on Sunday that that offer is fatal for my bank balance lol!

I feel the need to get a couple more too - should find out which ones are on the offer first though! ;)

\":lamp:\"

Javey74

Tesco's and Asda are about the same but a penny, Jen got 'Meet the Robinsons' and '101 Dalmatians 2' for £15.00.  So £14.99 or £15.00 is the base price for the 'buy one get one free offer'.. :)

Some of the DVDs at Asda/Tescos under this offer for your consideration are below, unless of course you already have them:

Enchanted
Aladdin -Musical Masterpiece [SE]
Ratatouille
Alice In Wonderland [SE]
Dumbo [SE]
Hunch Back Of Notre Dame
The Jungle book 2 [SE]
Meet The Robinsons
Monsters Inc
Mulan [SE]
Finding Nemo [CE]
Robin Hood [SE]
Santa Clause 3
101 Dalmations [Platinum Ed]
101 Dalmations 2
The Jungle Book [40th Anniversary Ed]
Mary Poppins [40th Anniversary Ed]
Pocahontas [SE]
Tarzan [SE]
Toy Story [SE]
Toy Story 2 [SE]

HMV selling base price is £14.99 for 2. Same as above with these extras>>

Aristocats [SE]
Sword In The Stone [SE]
Cars
Hercules
Bedknobs And Broomsticks
The Wild
Chicken Little
Oliver & Company
My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Hundred Acre Wood Haunt / Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey

:D

Pete's Dragon

I hate Buy One Get one Free offers. They never have 2 I don't have. The only one from Javey's list I don't own is Jungle Book 2 ( and they can keep it !)

Javey74

Have another look Pete, just edited previous post... :mrgreen:

Masamune

@ Snow - See, I've always managed to resist Disney's BOGOF offers. This time though I just really feel the need to take advantage. :lol:

@ Javey - :shock: No Sword in the Stone in Asda? :( That's not true about HMV. I was originally gonna get mine from there, as their Sword in the Stone comes in a pretty cardboard sleeve. But the prices on both Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood were £17.99!

@ Pete - :P Maybe get 2 as Christmas pressies?

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Javey74"Have another look Pete, just edited previous post... :mrgreen:

now 3 i don't have, but alas 3 I don't want. I always know these promos are coming around, and I always tell myself to wait, wait,wait.....but then I see the DVD sitting in the shelf and I lose all will-power.

Will I leave Sleeping Beauty alone until it becomes part of the next B.O.G.O.F. offer ? I doubt it. Ah well.

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune"@ Javey - :shock: No Sword in the Stone in Asda? :( That's not true about HMV. I was originally gonna get mine from there, as their Sword in the Stone comes in a pretty cardboard sleeve. But the prices on both Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood were £17.99
Sadly Asda didn't stock the 'Sword In The Stone', but the 'Sword In The Stone' and 'Robin Hood', supposed to be in HMV on the offer, take a look>>

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/specialOffers.do? ... code=08WZI

Masamune

o-o They had the BOGOF stickers...they just weren't £14.99. :o Next time I go in I'll just ask if the prices are correct.

Javey74

Yeah, good point, I would check the prices since HMV do have a habit of putting the wrong prices on goods, even if there's a set price for special offers... :shock:  :shock:

They need reminding of their offer prices at times.. :roll:

Masamune

I checked in HMV, and the prices in store are correct. They're only cheaper if you buy online. :D But it doesn't matter now, because I finally bought my DVDs. I got Sword in the Stone (in the pretty cardboard sleeve) and Robin Hood from Asda for £15. Now that I've bought them though, I'm wondering if I should've gotten Dumbo instead of Robin Hood. :shock:

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune" I checked in HMV, and the prices in store are correct. They're only cheaper if you buy online. :D But it doesn't matter now, because I finally bought my DVDs. I got Sword in the Stone (in the pretty cardboard sleeve) and Robin Hood from Asda for £15. Now that I've bought them though, I'm wondering if I should've gotten Dumbo instead of Robin Hood. :shock:
Why Dumbo instead of Robin Hood  :shock:  :?: