DLRP trip 3rd and 4th of October 2008

Started by Remco K., October 05, 2008, 01:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

On Friday morning the 3rd of October my parents and I drove to DLRP. My parents go there for the shopping centre and asked me to drive with them, so I could go to DLRP. These are the trips I haven't experienced to often yet, being all on my own in the parks. But you sure get to do the things you want, lol.

Friday was pretty quiet in the parks. The Tower of Terror was a 5 minutes wait most of the day, with only 30 minutes once (as far as I've seen). Even Big Thunder Mountain was 10 minutes.

I started off with the studios, did Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and decided to go over to Disneyland Park. As the attractions were basically walk on, I did Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, and Star Tours. If it had been more crowded, I probably wouldn't have done so many attractions on my own.

After Star Tours I went to Annette's Dinner, where I'd meet my parents and had dinner together. I basically never skip a visit to Annette's whenever I'm at DLRP. :P

After the dinner I went back to the studios to do some more Tower of Terror. After the parks closed at 7, I walk to the hotel. We were staying in Kyriad, which is a 40 minute walk. But I like walking, so it was no problem at all.

The next day we had breakfast at Kyriad. We would drive home around 12:00, so went to the WDS early to do Crush Coaster. Unfortunately, right before the attraction would open the CMs announced there were technical problems and adviced everybody to go to other attractions.

Tower of Terror was 45 minutes so I hopped over to Disneyland Park to take some more pictures. Saturday was obviously more crowded and I realized I couldn't do many attractions anymore. I ended up only doing Buzz Laser Blast which is always fun!

And now, on to the pictures!

I like taking pictures from various spots. Just trying things out, not always with the perfect results I'm hoping for... :P

Scrooge McDuck was out. Haven't seen him walking around to often.

The Discoverland information board was still behind green fences.

I decided to take a picture of the new Autopia photo location as it's new...

...and discovered something that looks like an official Hidden Mickey. Just look in the center of the pic. The Hidden Mickey is made out of trees (not the ones on the right of the pic, but the circular shaped trees).

The Ice Cream Company, sponsored by... Miko? :P Shouldn't this also be Ben & Jerry's? Though they do sell Miko ice cream in the parks.

Oh, look! A not so official Hidden Mickey! :P

Construction of the new building for the Tourisme Information.

Scrooge McDuck again!

I'm sure most of you can do better than this. Still I thought I should proudly show you my score! :mrgreen: I'd better not tell you that the vehicles stopped to unload a wheel chair. More time to score! Lol!

The castle in the labyrinth gives you a pretty nice view.

Do I smell that bad?

I'll be back again at the end of October for Halloween and the forum meeting.

Pete's Dragon

Great photos Remko. I must say the castle in the labyrinth is one of my favourite places to take photos from. Ranks 2nd between pics of Le Chatuea and inside IASM.

burntsienna

Awsome photographs Remco!  :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Remco K.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Great photos Remko. I must say the castle in the labyrinth is one of my favourite places to take photos from. Ranks 2nd between pics of Le Chatuea and inside IASM.
Thanks! :) The view is just amazing. La Cabane des Robinson has to many leafs to give youa nice free view over the park, and Panaromagique isn't free. Still want to try that sometime though.

Quote from: "burntsienna"Awsome photographs Remco! :mrgreen: =D> :mrgreen:
Thanks, Laura! :oops: :D

Pete's Dragon

Just checked. I took 43 photos from the castle. 14 of which were of POTC as I wanted one with the flag billowed out

And I always try to get one of the chateau and the teacpus together.

dagobert

Great pictures!!

I want to meet Scrooge McDuck too. I haver never seen him in the parks.

The Butlin Boy

Great pictures Remco, thanks for sharing them. I'm glad you had a great time :)

toonarmylass

wicked pics!!!!

DLP-Photos.com

Great photos Remco - it seems like a great trip! :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SophieD

Great Trip report and pics Remco!!

I'm so jealous that you got to meet Scrooge Mcduck and Daisy by the looks of things!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for that Remco =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

littlemermaid83

Great photos :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Nala_84

Great pictures Remco, thanks for sharing :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Clarebelle

Great photos Remco :-) glad you had a good time!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

davewasbaloo

Oh my, so quiet - we arrived saturday at 1 and left last night and it was heaving (70min for Star Tours - 2hrs space Mountain!!!!).  Halloween was great though - trip report and pics to come later this week.

Glad you had a good time.
since 2001 (many before that)