attendance since 1992

Started by roaldbergmann, September 28, 2008, 12:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaldbergmann

Can anyone provide the attendence numbers for each years since opening?

Willow

Attendance Figures are difficult when it comes to DLRP.
If Park Hopper tickets are bought the person gets added to that 1st park they visited figures.
For example, In 2007 the total resort attendance was 14.5 million. Disneyland Park was 12 million and the Studios was 2.5 million. (Figures are off the top of my head, they may not be perfect.)
Maybe you could make a Press Request and ask for more detailed data of Disney themselves. You will find it very difficult to get exact data of the internet. The best I can get is the 2007 data and the first few years.

1992 - 09.6m
1993 - 09.8m
1994 - 08.8m
1995 - 10.8m

You can see how much of an impact Space Mountain made to the Resort.

roaldbergmann

Quote from: "Willow"If Park Hopper tickets are bought the person gets added to that 1st park they visited figures.

I always thought this was kinda weird. You should think they could make some kind of system that could register if the same person visited both parks. The same system ought to make it possible for the executives to see how long time a person spend in each park and how frecuently they switch from one park to the other. These data could be very usefull, and would give a much more realistic picture of how many people visit each park.

Thank you very much for the data, though. :-) Isn't it possible to get numbers for the remaining years?

Willow

I think Disney would have the data but it just isn't out in the public domain. Shareholders would probably also be given access to the data.

If you notice all the different turnstyles on every ride there is usually one at the start of the queue, another at different point in the queue and then another at the exit of the ride. Disney have a good idea of queue times, number in queue, when the ride is the most popular. Im sure they would record all this data and it might impact of refurb schedules.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future you would scan your park ticket at the ride turnstyles, this way they would know the movements of guests, for a company like Disney all this data would be very very valuable.

bigrossco

Willow, there is infact technology out there called RFID (if i remember right) which some other parks around the world use as part of tickets / intergrated and can be used for that! which means that visitors dont need to scan passes at each ride etc, I remember seeing that Alton Towers was trying this a while ago now for ride photos so you dont have to get your pictures on the day you can go home and view your own photos online.

Disney dont use this for visitors but it could be used to ttell where visitors are at that time and what rides they use etc ;)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Willow

Quote from: "bigrossco"Willow, there is infact technology out there called RFID (if i remember right) which some other parks around the world use as part of tickets / intergrated and can be used for that! which means that visitors dont need to scan passes at each ride etc, I remember seeing that Alton Towers was trying this a while ago now for ride photos so you dont have to get your pictures on the day you can go home and view your own photos online.

Disney dont use this for visitors but it could be used to ttell where visitors are at that time and what rides they use etc ;)

Alton Towers use the RFID technology for the YourDay DVD, which can be bought for £20-ish. The main problem with this technology when used in the wristbands, like they are used for the DVD, is that on many occasions the scanners do not pick up the wristband and don;t record the person on the ride.
Disney might not want to adopt this system as there could be a health issue of being exposed to radio waves at every ride.

Im not an expert on the technology though, this is all I have heard from my experience with the YourDay DVD, I'm a bit of an Alton enthusiast.

Frederico

I wonder if there is anything inside pal Mickey when in WDW so he can record where you have been and what you have done. Hmmmm maybe I will leave him at home in future lol
Talkin \'bout the midnight rambler

roaldbergmann

I've just used A LOT of hours researching on this on the net, plus some contacts i know, who previously worked at DLRP. And I actually managed to get all the numbers from 1992 to 2007. I've made a graphic in photoshop. Hope you like it (click to enlarge):

[attachment=0:2l75kx0u]DLRPbesøgstalSmall.jpg[/attachment:2l75kx0u]

dagobert

Are you talking about themepark attendance (DLP + WDS)?

According to the Annual Reports:
                                           2007:                        14,5 Mio
                                           2006:                        12,8
                                           2005:                        12,3
                                           2004:                        12,4
                                           2003:                        12,4
                                           2002:                        13,1
                                           2001:                        12,2
                                           2000:                        12,0
                                           1999:                        12,5
                                           1998:                        12,5

roaldbergmann

Opps! Yeah, ofcourse you're right... My bad. i corrected the graph: it should be right, now. :-) And let's pray it'll boost through the 15 mil. mark next time :-)

Luigi

thanks for the numbers, really interesting to see the development. I hope the positive trend continues for the future

roaldbergmann

And finally we can add the historic recordbreaking figure!!! It looks nice, doesn't it? :-)

Click to enlarge

andrewuk

If the 'Space Mountain Effect' repeats itself for TOT, we could have yet another rise next year :D/ , followed by a levelling off :| , before things dip. If I were Monsieur Gas, I'd be thinking, let's get something big done by 2010! [-o<
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

pussinboots

Quote from: "roaldbergmann"And finally we can add the historic recordbreaking figure!!! It looks nice, doesn't it? :-)

That's about the only graph I've seen lately that actually goes up.