Disneyland Rail Road - Identity crisis!

Started by Alpop, September 15, 2008, 09:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Hi Guys, I've just comeback from the magic. While i was there I analysed the resort from top to bottom. One of the areas that I spotted queries was on the rail road.

Everyone knows that the fencing around the Rail road shows an EDRR logo. which stands for the Euro Disney(land) Rail Road. Fair enough this is made of metal and may cost a little to replace.

The Trains themselves have Disneyland Railroad Painted along the top of the carriages.

The water tower that the trains refill from has Euro Disneyland Rail road painted on the side.

Now I realise that these have all been mentioned before, but I spotted one more.

At Main Street Station as your leaving the platform there is a sign that says something like "we hope you have enjoyed your stay at the Magic Kingdom". Since when was the resort the magic Kingdom?

3 different names - 4 different loactions!

bigrossco

maybe its hits of whats to come lol :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

smurfy74

we saw the references to the magic kingdom too, they were near the eurodisneyland railroad posters, if i remember correctly

pussinboots

I'm sure you all know this and I'm stating the obvious, but "the Magic Kingdom" is just a nickname that first applied to the original Disneyland. It just happened to make a good name for the second park. So any "Disneyland" is "the Magic Kingdom."

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "pussinboots"I'm sure you all know this and I'm stating the obvious, but "the Magic Kingdom" is just a nickname that first applied to the original Disneyland. It just happened to make a good name for the second park. So any "Disneyland" is "the Magic Kingdom."

That's exactly the way I have always read it......infact when I refer to the Disneyland Park when talking about DLRP I often refer to it as the Magic Kingdom.

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Alpop

I wonder if it was rushed through with some other WDW stuff?
it's bizarre when they never refer to it as the magic kingdom at Paris, when it's comparable to WDW's Magic kingdom.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Alpop"I wonder if it was rushed through with some other WDW stuff?
it's bizarre when they never refer to it as the magic kingdom at Paris, when it's comparable to WDW's Magic kingdom.

Interesting  :-k  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Riebi

Hm I also always seeing the Disneyland Park as Magic Kingdom of Europe. Magic Kingdom-style park and Disneyland was always the same for me  :wink:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

jeakat24

I think some of the confusion is that DLRP has only had two parks for 6 years, so before that people always used to refer to the Magic Kingdom as the Disney park because there wasn't anything else there, so it wasn't confusing. Then when Studio's was born I think it developed the nickname of the Magic Kingdom to make it easier. I refer to the Disney park as either Magic Kingdom or The Main Park when I'm talking to people about it.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

pussinboots

Quote from: "jeakat24"I think some of the confusion is that DLRP has only had two parks for 6 years, so before that people always used to refer to the Magic Kingdom as the Disney park because there wasn't anything else there, so it wasn't confusing. Then when Studio's was born I think it developed the nickname of the Magic Kingdom to make it easier. I refer to the Disney park as either Magic Kingdom or The Main Park when I'm talking to people about it.

The fact that people are calling the Disneyland Park the "main park" probably makes the executives' stomachs churn, because that's exactly what they don't want it to be. (Of course, it's their own fault for building a park that no one in their right mind would equate with the park next door.)

I do think the name contributes to this, though; having a "Disneyland Park" at a "Disneyland Resort" makes it sound like the most important asset, doesn't it? If Walt Disney World had been called the "Magic Kingdom Resort," its first park would seem a lot more important as well. But I digress.

(Hmmm, maybe they picked "Disneyland Park" because it was cheaper — they only had to replace "IS" with "K" on the sign above the Disneyland Hotel entrance this way. Gold leaf is expensive!)

But again, this was not some glitch, the mention of "the Magic Kingdom" at the train station is intentional. It's just a nickname. Like "the Big Apple" or "the Garden State."

jeakat24

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "jeakat24"I think some of the confusion is that DLRP has only had two parks for 6 years, so before that people always used to refer to the Magic Kingdom as the Disney park because there wasn't anything else there, so it wasn't confusing. Then when Studio's was born I think it developed the nickname of the Magic Kingdom to make it easier. I refer to the Disney park as either Magic Kingdom or The Main Park when I'm talking to people about it.

The fact that people are calling the Disneyland Park the "main park" probably makes the executives' stomachs churn, because that's exactly what they don't want it to be. (Of course, it's their own fault for building a park that no one in their right mind would equate with the park next door.)

So true!!
I do like the studios but it just doesn't compare, I suppose that's true of many people!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

CentralPlazaPerson

I know this is :offtopic: but I read somewhere that a sign beside Lake Disney at the seqoria lodge / Hotel New York area that says EuroDisney :D
Correct me if I'm wrong.