DLP with the Baloos Day 3

Started by davewasbaloo, August 31, 2008, 09:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Given the earlier bedtime, we dragged ourselves up at 6:00 awakened by Goofy, so we could be sure to in the park to enjoy Extra Magic Hours (2 hours before the park opens up to the rest of the general public). We got the kids dressed up as Cinderella and Buzz (thanks to a tip from friends, these 45 euro, £36, $72 outfits were available at TK Maxx for £12, 15 euro, $24). wow, what a difference it made to our enjoyment.

We were at the park for EMH and enjoyed Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Teacups times 2, the Carousel, Pinnochio, Buzz x 4 and Space Mountain all before the park opened. Cool thing is, because Mikey was a Space Ranger, we were escourted through the fastpass line each time.

We then queued for Autopia (a 70 min wait, 10 min before park opening). But the kids loved it.

We enjoyed the park a little while longer and then went out for a swim and nap.

We then had a great late lunch/early dinner at King Ludwigs. I had White Sausages and a pretzel, followed by schnitzel and fries, accompanied by a very large Dark Beer, followed by apple strudel and coffee.

Sarah had a beer flight with a mixed grill of sausages and pork on saurkraut, followed by a gorgeous Cafe Gormand. The kids had hotdogs and fries, with ice cream.

As usual great food and setting with ok service. It came to 140 euro (£112, $224) but it was very good.

Afterwards we watched the parade (am I the only one who thinks that 7pm is too late for the afternoon parade?). We enjoyed some attractions and then the very last train around the Magic Kingdom. Sarah insisted I stay and enjoy the night time festivities (the kids were too tired). After a debate, I obliged. I found an ok place near Discoveryland but there was aweful guest behaviour until they found out I could speak French. I came to the conclusion that we had a better fireworks view from the room. But it was nice to enjoy the vibe.

Here are the pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=5 ... leid=en_GB
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

What were the annoying guests doing ?

davewasbaloo

They were all over the lawns, jumping barriers and ignoring cast members

never2old

I love your pictures, particularly the one with the dragon (I have tons of pictures, they're all either too dark, or blurry, or too bright so the magic is gone... none is any good) and the one with the Mad Hatter's teacups at night, with the castle behind... Beautiful!!

davewasbaloo

Many thanks, you are too kind

experiment627

Thanks for your wonderful report! I am so glad you had a great time.  :)

And if you should ever make it to Munich again, I'll be glad to show you some proper German restaurants.  :)  (I'm not the biggest fan of Ludwig's... but the beer they serve is quite good...)