Photography - Artwork

Started by burntsienna, August 20, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annet

Great pictures Laura!!! You keep on amazing me! =D>

Love the autumn-pictures too, especially that last one with the pretty sunlight!

DLP-Photos.com

Yesterday me and some other young photographers went to visit and old and abandoned factory area in the middle of Aalborg to take some photos.

Here are 11 of my best shots from the day:

/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

Nicolai, those are beautiful!

DLP-Photos.com

As most of Northern Europe Aalborg is covered in snow - of course you have to go out and take some photos despite the fact that the temperature was app. -10 degrees of celsius :P

So yesterday I went to the local forest (I have posted lots of photos from there in the past) to take some photos at sunset - I hope you like them:

/Nicolai

DLP-Photos.com

Spring is finally on its way!

/Nicolai

burntsienna

Nicolai! I love your snowy shots!
I think everything looks beautiful when its snowed, its like icing sugar on top of a cake =]

And you're abandoned building shots! my lordy you're brave!
I climbed into an abandoned farm house the other day and got too scared to stay in there more than 10mins!  :lol:

Here's a quick update of my work from the past few months.

This was shot with my Holga toy camera =] using 120mm film.

These two were shot with my 35mm camera, I developed the film and printed them both at uni. They were shot near Cod Beck at about 10pm. It was rather scary.

This was another 35mm shot. I then got my negatives and burnt the film before printing in the darkroom.

Yet another 35mm film shot.

Both of these two last ones were shot using digital, as a test shoot.

"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "burntsienna"Nicolai! I love your snowy shots!
I think everything looks beautiful when its snowed, its like icing sugar on top of a cake =]

And you're abandoned building shots! my lordy you're brave!
I climbed into an abandoned farm house the other day and got too scared to stay in there more than 10mins!  

Thank so much Laura - I love snow too, but I have to admit that I am quite happy that the sun is coming now after 3 months of snow and frost :-)

About the abandoned house I wouldn't have dared to stay there for so long had I been on my own.

Regarding your photos, it is so nice to see some film photos. You get so used to the crisp (and plain) computer colors of digital photos that you tend to forget about the beauty and atmosphere that is film photos. I cannot describe how much I love that you make this kind of photos and share them with us. Thank you!  :D/
/Nicolai

burntsienna

Yes I know how you feel, I love the snow...but I'm also rather fed up with it. Thankfully it hasn't been here a while now!
But I'm so completely looking forward to summer!

Yeah I love working with Film, I've barely touched digital this year for my projects, only using it for test shots =]
I love that its like, touchable etc its there is great. I love film! and using both 35mm and 120mm its just perfect!

And...thank you so much!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

DLP-Photos.com

Yesterday I went to Randers Regnskov Tropical Zoo (//http://www.regnskoven.dk) which is a magnificent place to take photos. It is three huge domes with tropical climate and most of the animals live free within the domes - no bars, no glass, nothing! That is a great exerience and I would recommend a visit to everyone visiting Denmark.

Here are some of the best shots I got yesterday:

The cutest animal baby ever!

/Nicolai

burntsienna

WOW! Nicolai they are amazing!
Look at how close you got to all the animals!
I especially love the Duck photo because I have a thing for ducks! they're just amazing.
Awww and the monkey that sorta looks like he wants to be a Lion!  :mrgreen:
I LOVE them. I do. I do. I do. =D>  :mrgreen:  :D/

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "burntsienna"WOW! Nicolai they are amazing!
Look at how close you got to all the animals!
I especially love the Duck photo because I have a thing for ducks! they're just amazing.
Awww and the monkey that sorta looks like he wants to be a Lion!  :mrgreen:
I LOVE them. I do. I do. I do. =D>  :mrgreen:  :D/

Thank you very, very, very much Laura (repetations must be answered with repetations ;)

You get extremely close to the animals which is why I love Randers Regnskov so much compared to "normal" zoological gardens. Even the snakes roam around between your legs in the asian snake temple!

And ducks are very cool and these Tree Ducks are even cooler - all of a sudden they sit on the highest rock in the dome and after this 4 ducks are running towars one poor monkey :P
/Nicolai

burntsienna

Quote from: "forza_united"Thank you very, very, very much Laura (repetations must be answered with repetations ;)

You get extremely close to the animals which is why I love Randers Regnskov so much compared to "normal" zoological gardens. Even the snakes roam around between your legs in the asian snake temple!

And ducks are very cool and these Tree Ducks are even cooler - all of a sudden they sit on the highest rock in the dome and after this 4 ducks are running towars one poor monkey :P
WOW!
That's amazing.
I've been to one zoo before and it was great, but no where near as amazing as the place you've been!
Though I must admit I'd be scared of being in the asian snake temple...what if you stand on one of the snakes?! :shock:

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "burntsienna"WOW!
That's amazing.
I've been to one zoo before and it was great, but no where near as amazing as the place you've been!
Though I must admit I'd be scared of being in the asian snake temple...what if you stand on one of the snakes?! :shock:

Well, most of the snakes doesn't move that much so the chance of standing on one of them is pretty small :)

Here you can see the "snake temple" where spiders, toads and butterflies roam around along with the snakes:

/Nicolai

burntsienna

Quote from: "forza_united"Well, most of the snakes doesn't move that much so the chance of standing on one of them is pretty small :)

Here you can see the "snake temple" where spiders, toads and butterflies roam around along with the snakes:

Gigantic Gasp!
Spiders?!
*shudders*
I think I'd cry at even getting close to that place...oh my you're brave! lol Or just, don't have an irrational fear of a thing in which we can easily smush.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "burntsienna"
Quote from: "forza_united"Well, most of the snakes doesn't move that much so the chance of standing on one of them is pretty small :)

Gigantic Gasp!
Spiders?!
*shudders*
I think I'd cry at even getting close to that place...oh my you're brave! lol Or just, don't have an irrational fear of a thing in which we can easily smush.

I have a fear of spiders and is not that fond of snakes either, but it is amazing what you can do when you want to take some photos :P Also I knew that the spiders were pretty big and would just sit in their web. However, on this visit I didn't see one single spider or web in the temple, so I actually doubt that any spiders were there at the time.
/Nicolai