Non-Disney Artwork

Started by MizzRabbit, August 20, 2008, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Well at least the Captain and myself guessed the image correctly, that's the main thing. Even though one of us thinks you have a resemblance of a gypsy.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Javey74"Well at least the Captain and myself guessed the image correctly, that's the main thing. Even though one of us thinks you have a resemblance of a gypsy.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Now that makes me sound horrible!! And Now I be afraid I'm going to have my head removed from my body in seconds! and I feel like I've been insulting!

I was comparing it to a Disney Masterpiece...

burntsienna

Aw I wouldn't really mind being a Gypsy...back in the day though not now, a Gypsy like Esmeralda would be very nice indeedy  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Javey74

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "Javey74"Well at least the Captain and myself guessed the image correctly, that's the main thing. Even though one of us thinks you have a resemblance of a gypsy.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Now that makes me sound horrible!! And Now I be afraid I'm going to have my head removed from my body in seconds! and I feel like I've been insulting!

Don't worry Captain, we all know what you really meant, but it's one of those sentences that are hard not to spin around to be noticed.. :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"

Don't worry Captain, we all know what you really meant, but it's one of those sentences that are hard not to spin around to be noticed.. :mrgreen:

You Are a Spin Doctor Sir... Who's dossier are you planning on twisting Doctoring next, and When I'm on the Way to Become First Minister for Wales, or Prime Minister, would you mind working for me? You'll prove better than Campbell did for Blair!

Javey74

Yes, I've got no problem at all in working for you Captain Pan, it would be a pleasure.........Especially in that job position.. :wink:  :mrgreen:

burntsienna

Right my last update on the drawing before bed :D
She looks a little bit like a Panda because only her eyes are shaded  :lol: Either that or just she needs a great deal of sleep!

Javey74

Very good indeed, what pencil did you use for the initial sketching [HB/F]  :?:

Also which 'B' pencils did you use for the more formal outline around the eyes and the shading.. :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"Very good indeed, what pencil did you use for the initial sketching [HB/F] ? Also which 'B' pencils did you use for the more formal outline and shading.. :)
I'm just using a HB pencil for it all, and using different pressures and layers to build up the shadows. I used to use a range of pencils until I lost them lol! now I quite like just using the one shade and being able to create the rest with pressure etc.
Its also a mechanical pencil I'm using, which means its a very tiny piece of graphite  :mrgreen:

Javey74

Mmmmm, interesting in the use of pressure with just the one pencil.  :wink:  :D

I recently bought a set which I've been trying out, they contain the following: 4H, 2H, H, HB, F, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 8B. beyond 8B I'd be definitely on charcoal sticks.. :lol:  :D

Really good sketching set after trying them I must say.. :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"Mmmmm, interesting.  I recently bought a set which I've been trying out, they contain the following: 4H, 2H, H, HB, F, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 8B.

Really good sketching set after trying them.. :)

Cool! when I had my set I used to mainly use, 3H, HB, 2B, 4B and 6B
I've really missed drawing and I can't wait to go to bed have some nice dreams and then start to draw and write again oooo and possibly read  :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "burntsienna"
Quote from: "Javey74"Mmmmm, interesting.  I recently bought a set which I've been trying out, they contain the following: 4H, 2H, H, HB, F, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 8B.

Really good sketching set after trying them.. :)

Cool! when I had my set I used to mainly use, 3H, HB, 2B, 4B and 6B
I've really missed drawing and I can't wait to go to bed have some nice dreams and then start to draw and write again oooo and possibly read  :mrgreen:

See I can only use HB, did do Technical Drawing, and then I could only Use the various grading of H or suffer a hair drying treatment from the teacher who would promptly take your pencil away and force you to use one of his small overly sharpened pencils that lasted a further 6 Seconds when you apply pressure!

Now good Sir we want Art Work, the host needs to supply his own gallery with Iconic Works!

Laura the Shading looks Great so far... Got to wait and see the puzzle complete itself! Nice to see you starting the shading with the most important part of any character... The Eyes! In My opinion the eyes of a piece of work tell the story for the entire piece, along with holding the Soul of the Subject, and if done correctly hold part of the Artists Soul within it!

The Butlin Boy

That's an amazing picture Laura, I'm very impressed. Well done so far and good luck with the rest =D>  =D>  =D>

burntsienna

Heres some more done today, still needs touching up but its getting there. I'm feeling happier with it now than what I was when I first started...as theres a clear difference lol

burntsienna

Update

Original

Edited/Darkened