Soarin and Star Tours 2.0

Started by Malin, August 12, 2008, 03:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

LaughingPlace.com has a couple of interesting bits of news regarding Soarin and Star Tours.

According to the site a new movie is currently in the works for Soarin that will feature global locations. The plan is to put the movie in both Epcot and DCA versions of this popular attraction. The site says that no Soarin attraction is planned for either TDR or DLRP in the future. http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=3300

Also LaughingPlace claim sources are telling them that the rumoured Star Tours 2.0 is confirmed and in production for a Summer 2009 opening at both DL and DHS parks. Niether TDL or DLP have agreed yet to take on the new movie. http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=3299

Maarten

Thanks for the links Malin! Its very interesting, especially the Soarin' rumour. Personally I didn't expect them to film a new movie until the current version was at least about 10 years old or something. Its 7 years old now, compared to Star Tours thats quite new right? However, I am not really sure about a Soarin' over the World in Disney's California Adventure. The current Soarin' over California should stay there if it was up to me.

Anthony

Quote from: "Malin"Also LaughingPlace claim sources are telling them that the rumoured Star Tours 2.0 is confirmed and in production for a Summer 2009 opening at both DL and DHS parks. Niether TDL or DLP have agreed yet to take on the new movie. http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=3299
Weird, since there's actually been a rumour floating around that one of the Paris Starspeeders is being used by Imagineers to test things, since we've got 6 of them and the newest at that.

Agreed with Maarten that DCA should probably stick with the California film... I guess it depends how popular it is these days. Are queues beginning to fall or something?

Remco K.

Quote from: "Anthony"Weird, since there's actually been a rumour floating around that one of the Paris Starspeeders is being used by Imagineers to test things, since we've got 6 of them and the newest at that.
I guess both TDR and DLRP just haven't confirmed anything yet. If the Star Tours 2.0 story is true, it seems pretty logical to update all of them.

Malin

QuoteHowever, I am not really sure about a Soarin' over the World in Disney's California Adventure. The current Soarin' over California should stay there if it was up to me.

The problem is rumours continue to grow that the California theme and name are going to be dropped from the park in the near future. Although I do agree with what your saying. Hopely we'll get a clear idea of whats going on when the walls go up later this year.

QuoteWeird, since there's actually been a rumour floating around that one of the Paris Starspeeders is being used by Imagineers to test things, since we've got 6 of them and the newest at that.

It would make sense for all 4 versions to be done at once. I hope DLRP doesn't miss out on upgrading a new attraction like it seems to have done with POTC. However the LP sources are always very credible as the site has a good relationship with Disney. And I believe some of the writers work for the company in some capacity. Of course the information about DLRP is always very acurate and informative on here too, so its going to be interesting to see what happens regarding Star Tours 2.0.

QuoteI guess both TDR and DLRP just haven't confirmed anything yet. If the Star Tours 2.0 story is true, it seems pretty logical to update all of them.

The story was Disney was hoping to use the OLC/TDR money to finance a new film for the attraction. So fingers cross both Resorts will agree. This would be a great attraction to promote next summer for DLRP. TDR could probarely hold out on installing the 2.0 version, due to the Monsters Inc attraction opening in 2009, which promises to be something special.

MinniesBestPal

Wait, WHAT? A SOARIN' MOVIE?  :shock:

Kristof

QuoteThis would be a great attraction to promote next summer for DLRP.

Next summer?????  Don't count on it.  :lol:  We'll have to do it with Playhouse Disney and Mickey's Not So Magical Party (including Stars 'n' Cars).  :wink:

AmericanMouse

The concept of "Soarin'" would be great for the proposed third gate park, though.

lil-shawn

*removed spam quote. Spammer has been deleted*

good for them, but what have this to do with Soarin and Star Tours 2?????