Photos Magiques DLRP news report: 31 January 2009

Started by Kristof, February 01, 2009, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques DLRP news report: 31 January 2009

As of now, all our "trip photos" (or "news photos") will be posted here on the magicforum and no longer on the website.  So let's get started.

The weather was really cold, but it wasn't freezing.  Both Mark Twain and Molly Brown were operating on the Rivers of the Far West and the few water effect that are turned on were definitely working.  The cold didn't stop the crowds visiting the resort, causing long queues at the popular attractions like Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Crush's Coaster, etc.

Besides the cold, let's move on to the photos of what's new at the Resort.

Disneyland Park

Entering Disneyland Park we noticed a lost Christmas decoration at the entrance of the park...

Central Plaza Stage

Biggest news to report from Disneyland Park is obviously the new Central Plaza stage that's currently being constructed.  The green construction fences around the hub have recently been decorated with Mickey's Magical Party banners.

A peak over the fences from the Castle Bridge reveals a metal construction that will support the stage.

The construction of the new stage has resulted in yet another version of Candleabration, placing Mickey and Minnie on the Castle balcony lighting up the candles and Christmas lights...

Lost effect

One of the hundreds "lost effects" at Disneyland Park have finally been turned on again: the gas torches on Fort Comstock!  Only three of the four were working when we visited the park during the day and only two at night, but there were really strong winds which might have caused this.

Phantom Manor rehab

Phantom Manor is currently undergoing a rehab until Friday 13th of February.

Legend of the Lion King

The Legend of the Lion King show in Videopolis Theatre is currently on a seasonal stop and is now replaced by a live performance of the African Tam Tams, often seen in front of Hakuna Matata Restaurant.  They perform 4 times a day from Wednesday 'til Sunday on the Videopolis stage for about 25 minutes.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Playhouse Disney Live on Stage

Moving over to Walt Disney Studios Park where some progress can be seen on the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage entrance.  

The tip board with Stitch Live schedule has been removed for an unknown reason.

Studio Tram Tour reroute

The Studio Tram Tour rerouting is moving along at full speed.  It appears that parts of the forest have been thinned out on the far left.  

A peak through a fence along the Tram route reveals a massive dirt pile next to the Cast Member parking lot which might be the new berm separating backstage and on-stage.

Rendez-Vous des Stars

Since a few weeks, Rendez-Vous des Stars now has its own wine list.

Merchandising

Two new cd's have been released: Disneyland Resort Paris en Musique and Les Parades en Musique.  The park version is a re-release of the 2005 cd and features shows and parades no longer offered in the parks (Legend of the Lion King, Wishes, Disney's Cinema Parade, ...)  

Disney Village

Hotel New York games

All games between Hotel New York and Disney Village have been (hopefully permanently) removed!

Disney Village Starbucks

The Buffalo Bill Trading Co. has been closed after being almost 18 years in service selling western themed merchandise.  It will be replaced by a Starbucks the coming months.

Esplanade

Some construction work at the NEX arcade and at the beginning of the Esplanade is going on.  A construction permit reveals that the French state is currently improving security at the entrance of the esplanade that gives access to the Disney Parks, Disney Village and the TGV and RER train stations.

We'll conclude our news trip around the resort with a wave goodbye from Mickey Mouse, who has once again returned on Main Street Station to wave guests goodbye after park closure.

Riebi

=D>

Thank you for this great update raptor!

I´ve some mixed feelings. The central plaza stage looks quiet big and the closure of Buffalo Trading is a sad thing. On the other hand it´s great to see the always cheeesy games between Hotel New York and Disney Village are gone (yes I hope it´s permanently) and the effects seems to are better again.

Generally it´s interesting to see that there´s so much "action" and things that happen at the moment. And that shortly after the opening of 4 new attractions. Nice to see that Euro Disney S.C.A. doesn´t fell again into a sleep.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Javey74

Thanks for the 'Report Update' Kristof, it's bringing my trip in three weeks as of today, closer and very real indeed.  The merchandise shots with 'Les Parades en Musique' has just reminded me to make a note of to buy.. :lol:  :D  

Though the 'Disneyland Resort Paris en Musique' I won't be, since I noticed from another thread as you said, it's the same as the earlier one.. :wink:  Though I am after the 'Disneyland Paris Park 15 Years Anniversary' double CD, that's what I missed out on last year.. :wink:

Anyway, thanks for sharing your 'Update Report', informative to the current goings on, well and truly.. =D>  :D

ColdSun

Thanks a lot for the update, it was really interesting. I think it's a shame the Trading Company is closing down. But I like that the construction area of the Central Plaza Stage has been decorated with those banners. When I was there in January it was just plain green and it looked very irritating somehow.

Snow_White_Girl

Great update for us there! Makes me look all the more forward to my next trip (whenever that may be!  :| ). I was particularly excited to see the Bernard and Bianca plushies in the pics, have they always been available?? I'm sure I didn't see them back in the summer! *begins compiling shopping list for next trip* :D

\":lamp:\"

Anthony

FINALLY! And this looks so much better! Please let it be permanent, Philippe!

All around a great news update I think. Good to see something going on at the NEX end of the esplanade too, it's always felt a bit weird and too "open" down there...

Riebi

Yes! :D  Finallly it looks like a real disney area again!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Javey74

Actually, after another look at the photo's, it's come to my attention that Kristof lurks the parks so much taking photos, that the paparazzi are starting to track him, just as he's taking his shots..See how casual that paparazzi member looks, hoping Kristof doesn't notice him... :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Do you know him Kristof, lets hope he isn't being paid by DLRP.fr with their history... :shock:  :shock:  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the fantastic update Kristof, there's some good (and bad) news there, but it's great to have an update. I feel  sorry for the guy who has to stand outside of PM in the cold, doing nothing all day :wink:

I hope you had a great day too :wink:

jeakat24

Thanks for the update. As said previously, a mixed bag of news, but it's good to see that while all this refurb work is going open they still think about the little touches that make DLRP so special, like the gas torches!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Aveen2008

wow thanks for posting that report Kristof!! It was great!

I really want the Bianca and Bernard beanies now! I hope they have them for the rest of the year until I work out when I am going again! I love the Rescuers! :D/

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"Hotel New York games

All games between Hotel New York and Disney Village have been (hopefully permanently) removed!

Superb! This and the torches on Fort Comstock - best news of the year so far!

littlemermaid83

Thanks for the update!

Will be needing to buy them CD's you mentioned now :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Nala_84

Thanks, I think it's a good idea posting the news reports now here :)!

The fences look soooo colourful - I think I won't really miss that much when I'm not at DLRP this year, but for the kids, it looks great and like lots of fun ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]