A Hollywood Christmas (2005)

Started by Anthony, November 06, 2005, 05:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Disney's Christmas Season: A Hollywood Christmas
5th November - 8th january 2005

Walt Disney Studios Park becomes more glitzy and glamorous than ever before as the stars come out to celebrate "A Hollywood Christmas" this November, December and January.  Here's a topic to discuss everything about the magical season in Walt Disney Studios...

If you want to discuss the Christmas celebrations in other parts of the resort, check out their own topics in other sections of the forum.

Anthony

There are a couple of fantastic surprises in the Studios this Christmas!  :D

Merry Christmas Walt Disney Studios

This is the first one - the long-awaited Christmas version of "Good Morning Walt Disney Studios"!!!  It features almost the same line-up of cars as this summer, with the addition of a lovely red Christmas car carring Goofy.  There are also quite a few funny Christmas costumes in it.

Official Photos:

(C) Disney

As you can see, it seems that a lot of the parade has remained the same as it was in the summer, without many Christmas touches.  The extra Christmas car is great though, and all the other characters have special Christmas touches with their costumes.

If anyone knows what music the parade uses or has any information / photos / videos then let us know!  :D

Anthony

Goofy presents... The Swing-Along Santas!

Minnie's awesome Times Square photo location has been taken over by Goofy this year, who presents the funny singing group called "Swing-Along Santas".  In previous years they've been in Studio 1 and other places, but this year they've got themselves a proper scheduled show on the Place des Stars.

I'm not sure what happens yet, I'm guessing there's just some fun with Goofy and Christmas carols sung in a show-biz style by the Swing-Along Santas.  If anyone has more info, times, photos or even a video - let us know!!  :wink:

Official Photos:

(C) Disney

They re-use the red Christmas car from "Merry Christmas Walt Disney Studios" for Goofy's arrival too.  That fact that he enters the studio in that car then arrives at his "film shoot" in it is quite a nice follow-on.  :D

Not sure what exact music they use here, what time the shows are on at or how long they last... hopefully someone can tell us soon!

They look pretty good though, don't they?  It's nice to finally have more Christmas in WDS, since the balance of extra entertainment was always very uneven in the past...

Anthony

Here are some general photos of Christmas in the Studios, thanks to Scrooge on http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com :

And apparently they play Christmas music throughout all the Studios now, not just in Front Lot!

maruychan

two years ago, i've had a wonderful photo with a funny snowman. xmas in walt disney studios is a very very hollywoodian christmas, not only for the show, it's everything in that place, that let you think: wow, that's not disneyland! so, where am I? . i think it's for music, glitter, oh, everything. everything there in wonderful. how can people hate disneyland?  :roll:

Kris

Love that cool Christmas carpet lol.

About Goofy Presents... The Swing Along Santas, people say the music sounds fairly cheap/midi-sounding so the chances are that the music was created for the resort lol. I don't mean that in a bad way (since Belle's Musical Medley uses a computerised "As Long As There's Christmas"), but it's cool that they seem to have gone to the effort.

Goofy talks English in this show and Merry Xmas WDS too, which confuses me a lot. If they hired the French voice for the new Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony, surely another would be more expensive? Not sure how all that works out, but Goofy's voice in the E.F.C is so noticeably different and this is emphasised by the English voice in the Studios... IMO

Still cool that DLRP is recording so many voices for even the more "minor" productions. I LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kris

LOL, I now look even more like an idiot here as the Goofy Presents... The Swing Along Santas doesn't have any backing music LOL... only cool sound effects, goofy's voice and the Santa's Wonderland Parade music for goofy's arrival... just like Merry Xmas WDS... how dissapointing.

The show seems really slow and lacking atmosphere... I had such a bad feeling watching it in a wet, empty setting... even if it was just on video!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

The resort has started to take down some of the decorations in Front Lot already!

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=293

That's a bit strange, isn't it?  I'd be very annoyed if I was only just about to visit, expecting to see Christmas Season still going strong...

btw, Isn't Walt Disney Studios Store a really beautiful shop?  It's very overlooked...