Mickey's Magical Christmas Dinner (Christmas season 2008)

Started by Newbie, July 26, 2008, 10:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We have booked the magical christmas dinner for our trip in December, its the saturday evening shows. We have been told it is in the Pavillion, does anyone know where this is?

Many thanks :)
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

Kristof

The Pavilion is a large convention "tent" located behind Star Tours.  You can actually see it on Google Earth.  You have to enter it through the Stars Tours Fast Pass line.   :)

thank you, so i assume we will be in the park after hours for the show?
does anyone know?
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008

Kristof

You do know it's not really a "show"?

what is it then?
Its called Mickey's magical christmas dinner and thats all we really know, I think its food and characters, is that right?
we didnt get any extra information for it in our confirmation.
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008

Kristof

It's indeed a dinner and there are a whole bunch of different very detailed custom build meet 'n' greet locations, like Andy's room from Toy Story, a pirate ship for Jack Sparrow, etc.

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"It's indeed a dinner and there are a whole bunch of different very detailed custom build meet 'n' greet locations, like Andy's room from Toy Story, a pirate ship for Jack Sparrow, etc.

Two things;

1. This pavillion tent, has it been there long and has it been used for anything else ?

2. Is this Christmas Dinner a new addition to DLRP ?

I couldnt find anything about it on DLRPmagic's last years christmas season, so it may well be and since no-one has posted an answer that may well be the case!
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"1. This pavillion tent, has it been there long and has it been used for anything else ?

Yes, it's new!

The Pavillion has been there many years now. It's one of the main locations for DLRP Business Solutions events and conventions. Look at the resort on Live Local or Google Maps and you'll see it there next to Star Tours. It's going to be interesting to see how they get guests into and out of it. Using the Star Tours fastpass line would be a bit weird...

Pete's Dragon

CM : Excuse me Sir, Star Tours?
Guest : No
CM : Why not? Chicken ?
Guest : No, Turkey actually.

[strike:3f6gjugz]The Force will be with you, always[/strike:3f6gjugz]
The Main Course will be with you, shortly
 :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"CM : Excuse me Sir, Star Tours?
Guest : No
CM : Why not? Chicken ?
Guest : No, Turkey actually.

[strike:1tga4n01]The Force will be with you, always[/strike:1tga4n01]
The Main Course will be with you, shortly
 :lol:

:lol: Post of the day =D>

Pete's Dragon

why thank you kind sir  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon""CM : Excuse me Sir, Star Tours?
"Guest : No.
"CM : Why not? Chicken?
"Guest : No, Turkey actually.

[strike:3d0jwo37]The Force will be with you, always.[/strike:3d0jwo37]"The Main Course will be with you, shortly."

[strike:3d0jwo37]Post of the day.[/strike:3d0jwo37]

POST OF THE YEAR!

x-charlotte-x

When i went with college a few years ago with my IT course we went to an IT convention kind of thing for schools and colleges which was in the tent behind star tours. It wasn't very interesting, it was just a few companies telling us about what they used IT for ect.. It would of been much more interesting to have learned about how they use IT and computers for the rides and how it all works since we were in Disneyland and it really had nothing to do with Disneyland, which made me wonder why it was actually in Disneyland? :roll:  But i wasn't complaining it only took up an afternoon and then we got to spend the rest of our 5 day trip in the parks!  :D

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Owain"1. This pavillion tent, has it been there long and has it been used for anything else ?

Yes, it's new!

The Pavillion has been there many years now. It's one of the main locations for DLRP Business Solutions events and conventions. Look at the resort on Live Local or Google Maps and you'll see it there next to Star Tours. It's going to be interesting to see how they get guests into and out of it. Using the Star Tours fastpass line would be a bit weird...

Hi, spoke to someone on the DLP bookingline this morning, she told me its 7-9pm and we will be given vouchers to allow us to stay in the park after hours to attend the meal. I suppose a bit like magic hours.
It is a new event, we will be at the third one so hopefully someone will be able to report on it.
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008