New Hotel from Vienna International?

Started by dagobert, July 21, 2008, 07:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I have read in an Austrian newspaper that Vienna International and Disney are thinking about building a new hotel at the Disneyland Resort Paris. Vienna International operates the Vienna International Dreamcastle and the the Holiday Inn at DLRP.

Vienna International
http://www.vi-hotels.com/index.php?id=230&L=1

Newspaper article (in German)
http://derstandard.at/?url=/?id=1216325205082

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "dagobert"Vienna International operates the Vienna International Dreamcastle and the the Holiday Inn at DLRP.

Well that's a new one one to me. I didn't know that. It seems that hotel Chain names mean very little in this day and age :)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Anthony

Very, very interesting.

It's quite bizarre how they so quietly bought (or became operators of) Holiday Inn there, keeping all the Holiday Inn brand intact. The hotel doesn't seem to have changed at all, which is a shame considering what an amazing job they do at Dream Castle.

I'd rather a 9th Disney Hotel before a 5th (or 6th if you include Radisson) Val de France hotel, but I suppose it'd be good for the resort, especially if it was built to the quality of Dream Castle. The hotels are always very full. Having one company running three hotels in the same spot, though... that's not good for competition.

Riebi

I remember the holiday inn is not in hands of VI. They operate it cause they are anyway at the area with the dreamcastle and so the costs are cheaper.

Here´s the press release from 3. december 2007:

Quote3rd December 2007
Warimpex, UBM and Vienna International Hotelmanagement to operate a second hotel near the Disneyland® Resort Paris

Warimpex and UBM each acquire 50% of four-star Holiday Inn at Disneyland® Resort Paris
Vienna International takes over hotel management
Synergies thanks to proximity to existing Vienna International Dream Castle Hotel

Vienna, 3 December 2007

UBM Realitätenentwicklung AG and Warimpex Finanz- und Beteiligungs AG have jointly acquired the hotel Holiday Inn at Disneyland® Resort Paris with a share of 50% each. The two companies already hold the neighbouring Vienna International Dream Castle.

The acquired four-star hotel, Holiday Inn at Disneyland® Resort Paris, boasts over 396 rooms and 464 square metres of conference facilities, which will be completely renovated and refurbished. Responsibility for the hotel´s management will be taken over by the Vienna-based Vienna International Hotelmanagement AG, which already runs the neighbouring Dream Castle Hotel. The Austrian trio UBM, Warimpex and Vienna International already work together on a number of projects in various European countries.

The companies are expecting an array of synergies thanks to the proximity of the Holiday Inn at Disneyland® Resort Paris to their existing property, the Vienna International Dream Castle Hotel. The purchasing and administration functions will both benefit in terms of efficiency, while the doubling of the number of available rooms will enhance the hotels´ attractiveness as a venue for conferences and events.

Rudolf Tucek, CEO of Vienna International Hotelmanagement AG: "For us, the current takeover is a positive development which confirms the successes we have achieved at the Dream Castle Hotel over the past 18 months. The cooperation with Holiday Inn will open up new opportunities in the exciting and challenging segment of tourism that is the Disneyland® Resort Paris. The ensuing synergies, notably in sales, administration and purchasing will maximise the results for the investors.

Peter Maitz, Member of the Board of UBM, adds: "For UBM, the takeover of this hotel is a further highly promising investment in the ´Hotel´ segment in partnership with Warimpex and Vienna International. We are delighted to have acquired this new asset in France."  

"From our point of view, the hotel has excellent potential for development. Add to that the fact that we already have a hotel in the immediate vicinity and see further potential in the region, and there is every reason to expect attractive returns", says Warimpex CEO Franz Jurkowitsch of the purchase. "We see this acquisition as an opportunity for our company, and we intend to seize it. This does nothing to change our primary focus on the markets in CEE, where we have strengthened our position in the past few months and plan to expand it still further."

Over the last 15 years, Disneyland® Resort Paris has developed into one of Europe´s leading tourist attractions. The opening of a second Disney Park in 2002 and the concentration of hotels and other amenities for tourists has contributed to the significant upgrading of the entire regional economy.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Thanks Riebi! I wonder if they're allowed to get rid of the horrible coin-operated machines in the lobby?

It does seem like a big gamble for a company like Vienna International to want to operate three hotels on a single site like that. They must indeed be making big, big money from them.

Quote from: "Riebi"over 396 rooms
Is that not 397 then? Press releases... :lol:

penfold12

Quote from: "Baloo"I'd rather a 9th Disney Hotel before a 5th (or 6th if you include Radisson) Val de France hotel, but I suppose it'd be good for the resort, especially if it was built to the quality of Dream Castle. The hotels are always very full. Having one company running three hotels in the same spot, though... that's not good for competition.

Excuse my ignornance, 9th Disney hotel? but what are the 8 Disney hotels? I can only figure on 7 even when including Davey Crocket Ranch.

Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequioa Lodge, Newport Bay, New York, Disneyland Hotel & Davey Crocket Ranch.

Do Disney own but not operate another hotel there?

Riebi

they own also l´elysée at the shopping center area. With 51 % or something like that.

Vienna International is a fast growing group which starts his hotel chain management in the east of europe. It´s seems to be "normal" for VI to operate several hotels at one spot. For example:

At Praque they own 8 hotels and 2 new are in constructing :shock:

Le Palais Hotel *****
Palace Hotel *****
Savoy Hotel *****
Diplomat Hotel ****
andel's Hotel Prague
andel's Suites
angelo Hotel
angelo Hotel Pilsen
Dvorak Spa Hotel ****
aquapalace Hotel ****

It´s interesting that they now have also the west europe area in their focus.

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Riebi"over 396 rooms
Is that not 397 then? Press releases... :lol:
:

:lol:  maybe they have also a broom closet for rent  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Holiday Inn will be renamed next year to something very cheesy and up with the theme.  I'll let you know when I'm allowed to post it...  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"Excuse my ignornance, 9th Disney hotel?
I'm getting ahead of myself, I meant 8th. :wink: Although Euro Disney SCA do own Hotel L'Elysée in Val d'Europe.

Quote from: "raptor1982"Holiday Inn will be renamed next year to something very cheesy and up with the theme.  I'll let you know when I'm allowed to post it...  :lol:
Big Top Hotel.

Hotel du Cirque.

Ringmaster's Retreat Hotel.

Circus Tent Hotel.

Monsieur Loyal's Big Top.

Scary Clown Hotel.

Childhood Nightmares Hotel.

Too-Many-Coin-Operated-Machines-In-The-Lobby Hotel.

Am I close?